Cuba

2,412 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ducks4brkfast
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been to Cuba yet? I'm headed to Havana in May
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
ORAggieFan
I have a bunch of buddies that go, some as often as monthly. Usually they AirBnB it.
f2foxes2001
AG
Yes. Awesome. Be ready for a heavy dose of the ideals of communism and revolution. It's like going back in time. Beaches, food and Cuban people are great. Havana Club rum is the finest.
"Without the Corps, A&M would be Texas State or t.u." "lots of rednecks wear jorts, lots of rednecks are Longhorns. do the math."
woodyhayes
Spend hour money elsewhere. Leave it a 3rd world country.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
How'd it go?

I'm going in August.
dc509
AG
I'm interested to hear about this too. Did you fly from the US or through Mexico City?
Ptery83
schmendeler
AG
Always intrigued to hear about Cuba trips.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
We went in August. I've told people if you're looking to relax - go to another island. If you're looking for an adventure - go now.

We stayed in an Air BB that was private hotel of 11 rooms. Nothing fancy, but adequate. Good A/C and hot water. $50 per night.

We went through FLL and were permitted to travel using the "Support of the Cuban People" visa.

While the majority of central Havana looks like a war zone, it was very safe. We were never harassed on the street except around the areas where the cruise ships would disembark. And even then, it was just people trying to give you a "tour". We had a cab driver try to scam us out of $20 but I was prepared for that trick. Otherwise, absolutely no issues.
AggieMainland
How does the "Support of the Cuban People" visa work? I've briefly read about it but its not very clear. I'd like to go to Cuba in February if I decide its not too big of a hassle.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
bump - anyone have any recent experiences wit this? Considering hopping over for a day this summer while on a nearby island.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.