Nashville, Charleston, or Savannah?

2,123 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by longeryak
Rickeybob93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I had a trip planned to Napa at end of October but due to fires we are going on to plan B. Looking at these areas and have never been to any of them. Any preferences on the travel board?

Kool
AG
Charleston if you have never been there. The beaches are ugly, but the city is beautiful and easy to get around in, especially if you stay downtown. There is an amazing amount of history there, not only the obvious Civil War history but also a surprising amount of Revolutionary War history. Several signers of the Declaration of Independence lived there, George Washington visited there on, I believe, two occasions, etc. Great food and architecture, see the USS Yorktown and Fort Sumter, etc.
https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2617201/1
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Always_Right
AG
Have you thought about doing Charleston and Savannah together? Three days in each city is plenty of time to get a great experience in both places.
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.
Ag_07
AG
Charleston
chick79
AG
I love Nashville but Charleston is where you should go. Awesome place. Lots of history, Southern charm and great food! Great time of year to go.
chick79
AG
And do VRBO or Airbnb. You can find some great places in the heart of the city.
longeryak
Great_I_Am said:

Have you thought about doing Charleston and Savannah together? Three days in each city is plenty of time to experience everything they have.
Could include a day in Hilton Head as well.
Texmid
AG
Charleston. Stay at the Wentworth Mansion.
Wicked Good Ag
Charleston is my pick as well but you could also try Beaufort between Charleston and Savannah for a night if you do both. Food is amazing in Charleston
BClark
AG
1.a. Charleston
1.b: Savannah

Both great so can't wrong.
malenurse
AG
Great_I_Am said:

Have you thought about doing Charleston and Savannah together? Three days in each city is plenty of time to get a great experience in both places.
The wife and I did this about 3 years ago. Flew into Atlanta because the flights are so much cheaper. Rented a car and drove to Savannah for 3 days. Then onto Charleston for 3 days. Great trip. Both cities have great histories and great eating experiences.

With hindsight, Atlanta is so f'ed up to try and drive, I would spend the extra and go direct to either city.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Charleston is better than Nashville. Never been to Savannah.
SW AG80
AG
Is Savannah OK after the flood?
Ag MD 84
AG
I've been to all three the last couple of years. Charleston is my favorite (asked my Wife also, and she also voted for Charleston). Beaufort is also worth a side trip.
AustinCountyAg
Charleston/Kiawah
JT88
AG
Son is a student at Vanderbilt.
I've been to Nashville tons and LOVE it.

That said, Charleston.

So much history.
The Civil War I knew about, but also the Revolution - Churches where Washington and Lafayette attended services.
And she-crab soup.
And shrimp and Grits.

Favorite SEC road trip is SC (provided I can stay in Charleston).
If I am staying in the same town as the game, then Vandy.
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
lexofer
AG
Did a vacation a few years ago and went to Charleston, Hilton Head and Savannah. Charleston is nicer than Savannah but both have a lot of history. Lot's of historical stuff to see at both, more nice restaurants in Charleston. The thing I liked most about Savannah was you can walk around with drinks but that also meant more of a party crowd, tons of Bachelorette parties. If you're only doing one Charleston but I liked seeing both.
JSKolache
AG
Chucktown
TXAggie2011
AG
Do both Charleston and Savannah.

Take the "back roads" between and Enjoy Beaufort and other spots that seem interesting.

Can also mix in some time on Hilton Head.
BoDog
AG
Love all 3, but I would do Savannah!
longeryak
malenurse said:

Great_I_Am said:

The wife and I did this about 3 years ago. Flew into Atlanta because the flights are so much cheaper. Rented a car and drove to Savannah for 3 days. Then onto Charleston for 3 days. Great trip. Both cities have great histories and great eating experiences.

With hindsight, Atlanta is so f'ed up to try and drive, I would spend the extra and go direct to either city.
Flying into JAX is popular way to do this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.