Cabo recs

1,851 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Al Bula
dylan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Planning to go there in early august with direct flight from Houston. Resort and/or things to do Rec's? Saw the discussion on transportation.
Fairview
AG
We just went a few weeks ago and stayed at The Resort at Pedregal. It's really nice. We had the kids so we got a two bedroom casita but they have all type of rooms and many have private plunge pools. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it. Great location and the service can't be beat.
beachfront71
AG
Top place on a semi budget is The Cape..

Newest luxury resort is Chileon Bay, sister property to Esperanza..

All depends on budget
Mustang1
AG
I prefer renting a condo near the marina so I can walk to the restaurants & bars. If you stay in hotel along the corridor you are stuck taking cab rides.
beachfront71
AG

There are less expensive ways to do Cabo but don't let a cab ride get in your way..
Some of the best hotels in the world are in between Cabo and San Jose. I never had an issue with it as I think the better restaurants are in San Jose del Cabo so end up going to both if I ever leave the resort.

Texas Ag Mom
Cabs are expensive in Cabo so if you stay on the corridor you need to be aware of this. If you do take a cab be sure to negotiate the rate BEFORE you get in the cab & note the tip is included in the rate.
dylan
We are staying at a resort near Marina. Heard good beaches near and plenty of boat rentals and eating near marina.
Dr.Rumack
La Paz! Dive with the sea lions. Or hammerheads.
David_Puddy
AG
Don't know what you're looking for but me and my lady went to Secrets Puerto Los Cabos about 3 weeks ago (2nd time there). If you're going with friends, I wouldn't recommend it as it's more of a couples place, but if you're taking a gf/wife it's awesome. If going with a group or friends, I'd recommend something near Cabo San Lucas where all of the nightlife is. Secrets was about a 30 minute cab ride to CSL.
Al Bula
AG
Pedregal! Short walk down to marina.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.