Moscow

4,931 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by defroach
defroach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I swear that they protested at Red Square? I know that other one was just a couple blocks away...so it could have been just me misinterpreting the news.

I really need to get to Russia in summer/fall. It looks more pleasant without 36 layers of clothing on.

And dammit, between you posting that picture of cheese pie and my brother (who currently is on Georgia) sending continuous emails about the good Georgian food, I will need a fix soon. I can somehow justify that into booking a trip to the Caucasus....
FHKPLEX03
AG
Yeah the khachapuri cheese pie/pizza thing was awesome. As far as the protest location, the local girl said that church was where they played/protested that got them in trouble but that they had protested previously in other places as well.

If you've only been there in winter then it's definitely worth a return trip when the weather is warmer. Being able to stroll around the city all day was the best part of the trip, aside from that dinner of course.
defroach
The weather didn't stop me. It was -10 to 0F, cloudy and windy and we still did a lot of outside tours.

But yeah, I'll get there in nicer weather eventually.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.