Maine

6,768 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Pony 07
Aggies76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think so. We were there 3rd week in September 2 years ago and the leaves were just beginning to turn.
LondonAg89
AG
I was there last year second weekend of October and the leaves were perfect for peeping!
Sea Pony 07
AG
2nd weekend of October would be when I'd go for Maine, maybe 3rd but after that it would be pushing it and a lot of places close down for the winter at that time. A week can make a huge difference in leaves as well as how far north and inland you go. I drove the Kangamangus highway (great place to see leaves, part of the national park with plenty of areas to pull off) the second week of October full colors, the third week I went back that direction and a windstorm had dropped most the leaves. If your looking to take the cog railroad to the peak of Mount washington, make sure you check the dates for the last scheduled trip to the top. The further north you go the earlier the peak of the colors.

Book your housing early, it can get expensive. I lived in Dover, NH during the fall a few years ago for work and it was very difficult for my company to find housing.

Keep an eye out for the 2023 peak fall colors prediction map. It might help you decide when to go.

You might also look at going to Portsmith, NH to base out of for peeping.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.