Any decent hotels in Taos, NM?

1,386 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Gil Renard
CPag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're changing up our usual annual ski trip to CO and trying NM...closer and cheaper.

Does anyone have recs on hotel lodging in Taos? We figured to stay there because we could ski Taos or Angel Fire. VRBO doesn't have much that we choose to afford so we're leaning more towards a hotel. Super 8 seems to be cheapest but the online reviews were pretty bad.

Any info would be appreciated.

Oh, and it's 4 adults so two queen beds is all we need and a continental breakfast would be nice.
ChoppinDs40
AG
skiing angelfire is going to be one helluva drive
kwammer
if you decide on only Taos, we prefer to stay in the ski village vs staying Taos proper. Not much nightlife in the ski village, but there is enough and no one really goes to Taos for nightlife anyhow.

Alpine Village Suites has been our choice for several years. Lifts are out the backdoor and Tim's Stray Dog has excellent breakfast.
CPag06
Thanks for the info. I guess staying in the valley isn't completely off the table, just a little more expensive. And, we don't mind driving in each morning.

I've been spoiled with use of a free condo in CO all these years that paying for lodging hurts!
archangelus2
AG
Why is it going to be a hell of a drive to Angel Fire?

Google maps says it is only 15 miles.

------------------------------------
I don't know what I'm talking about.
archangelus2
AG
Also, we stayed at Don Fernando de Taos last year and thought it was a good value. We bid on priceline and got it for $83/night total.

------------------------------------
I don't know what I'm talking about.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Its been a while (1998) but we stayed in a pretty cool B&B in town. I think this is it:

http://www.taosadobe.com/index.html
Erac_AG
AG
http://www.columbineinntaos.com/

I will endorse this place. Its not all the way up in the valley so it is a little cheaper. Hot breakfast included as well as a free shuttle to the lifts. Outdoor hot tub was nice also.

Stayed there in Feb (4 adults, 2 queen beds) and loved it. One bed downstairs and one up in a loft.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
Google maps says it is only 15 miles.

?????

Says 24 on my map. From Taos its about 20 miles to the ski area. From Taos to Angel fire is 24. So if you stay at the ski area, and decide to try Angel Fire, that's 44 miles.

And it's not just 24 miles. It's 24 miles through mountains at 7000-8000 feet elevation. It's a pretty drive, but it could be a real SOB in the winter.

Linkeroonie
CPag06
I'm not worried about the drive.

Having lived in Winter Park I'm comfortable emough driving in the mountains. Berthoud Pass was quite 'fun' sometimes.
ursusguy
AG
They are pretty good at keeping 64 in decent condition. I used to drive from Cimarron to Taos on almost a daily basis in the winter, and very rarely had an issue. Personally, I like the Super 8, but I am not known for being picky.
Gil Renard
AG
Sagebrush, La Fonda are nice but pricey.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.