Playa del Carmen - resort suggestions

4,838 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by TresPuertas
TexMex Redass 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VBRO dot com... i was planning a vacation in to cabo san lucas and found an awesome place there.
mel99
AG
I was at Secrets Capri a couple of years ago and had an amazing time! The staff was wonderful. Overall it was a great trip!
McInnisAg08
AG
Royal Hideaway

--------------------------------------------------------
There's a spirit can ne'er be told
It's the Spirit of Aggieland.

We will never forget 11.18.1999
BTHO Bonfire

Est 1964 - 2011
McInnis Mad Men
T Durden
AG
thanks Mel99. hope we have a similar experience at Capri
04aggiegirl
AG
Last year we stayed at Secrets Silversands, this year we booked Secrets Maroma in April!! Can't wait!!
TresPuertas
AG
So I figured I'd come back on here and give my overview of the Royal for those who would like to know.

First off, the place was great. As far as resorts go, this was the prettiest places I've stayed in a long time. The entire property is top notch, and the rooms are ridiculously nice. As far as location goes, there isn't a better spot in Playa to stay. You are literally a 3 minute walk from the best parts of 5th Ave.

The staff was great, and hugely helpful, but if you want top notch service, like anywhere else, grease some palms. You can get anything you want by doing this. Food, drinks, beach cabanas, just give them a bit more and they'll get after it. The only thing that annoyed me was the fact that they try to upsell you the second you walk in the door, but hey, its Mexico, and you should expect to be hassled a bit.

Food was 'above average resort food'. I certainly didn't have a problem eating, but being a resort, they aren't going to offer the highest quality things on an all inclusive plan. Like I said though, its good, but not great. Bars are good too. All top shelf liquor, good beers etc. The pool bars get crowded, but thats to be expected.

The only thing I'd warn you of is to be careful of the floors. They have their wet floor signs out, and HEED THESE WARNINGS. We arrived on a Tuesday and our wedding was the following Saturday. The night of our arrival I slipped on a wet marble floor and shattered my ankle.. made for an interesting week.

PM me if you want to know anything else. I'd be happy to help.

Final Verdict for The Royal: 4 of 5 stars...

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.