goin to pittsburgh

883 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by jpb1999
atag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone got any must sees for me?
bthotugigem05
AG
My buddy Zach Duke pitching for the Pirates. Unfortunately he's pitching in San Francisco this afternoon.
KeepItLow
You haz to go down to Primanti's and gorge. Go to the original in the warehouse district.

archangelus2
AG
The baseball park is supposed to be one of the best in the country. I've never been though.

------------------------------------
I don't know what I'm talking about.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Second Primanti's
48secDunk
AG
I second Primanti Brothers. Awesome sandwiches.

If you are into baseball, the University of Pittsburgh has parts of old Forbes Field still standing. Most of the brick outfield walls are in tact. The building near the walls has the home plate of Forbes enclosed in glass, as well as an autograph of Bill Mazeroski hitting the game and series winning homerun from 1960.

Across the river from downtown are elevator lifts that will take you to an area that has restaurants as well as spectacular views of the city and stadiums. One of the best look out spots of any city.

KW02
AG
Tour Heinz Field
TresPuertas
AG
DRINK YUENGLING!
dermdoc
AG
Eat at LeMont, sit at Al Davis's table and enjoy the view of PNC park and Heinz Field.

Stay at the Omni William Penn-old converted train station, great bar, nice hotel.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Throwout
AG
Was just in Pittsburgh last week. I agree with all those above in terms of getting to Pramanti Brothers. My wife and I went and it was delicious.
chico
AG
Primanti's just featured on "Man vs. Food" on Travel Channel, place does look very cool.
jamaeusa
AG
+1 for The "O", the incline & the stadiums
Sooner Born
I thought Primantis was overrated (as are most iconic eating places).
jpb1999
AG
Past thread on this:
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=54&topic_id=1355469
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.