Carribean Cruise in July

4,578 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by GiantAntsAttack
Tree Hugger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nachi Cocum is greatness, but needs to be booked in advance, I don't believe they take walkups.

In MoBay, I've heard the Pork Pit is whee it's at if you want jerk chicken/pork. We were on a tour and the guide recommended it and said it was worth a cab ride back over there (the tour couldn't stop there for whatever reason). I've seen it on Travel Channel as well, if we ever do this cruise again, we plan on trying to stop there.

In GC we at at a place called Breezes that was right by the tender dock, it was crowded, and the food was good but not great, but it was a little pricy (~$65 for 2 for lunch), if we go back I will have to research other places to go.
The Anchor
AG
Thanks for the help.

GiantAnts-we sail the same date
aggmaroon
AG
In Cozumel, we loved Chakenaab. We plan to go back next year. The kids absolutely loved swimming with the dolphins. They also decided to throw in swimming with the manatees afterwards. The Sea Lion show is also free with admission.

We are doing the same route you are on the Magic next summer. This summer we just did a 5-day trip.
GiantAntsAttack
AG
We stopped at Pork Pit last year, was very good. Definitely worth a stop, we had the shuttle drop us there but had to walk to a nearby straw market where the actual official shuttle stop is to get picked up.

Anchor, sailing on the same date? Maybe we'll see ya on the ship.

ag_pete09
AG
I have done both the Bahamas and Cayman on the conquest. It's good if you have kids but other than that I will not be doing carnival again. You arrive later and leave earlier than other cruise lines. and you will above in key west before anything opens. I would have something planned for that morning.
Hal(59)
La Fours, let me know how you like it, the wife and I are booked for next spring on the same itenenary
dustin999
AG
Freeport?
The Anchor
AG
GiantAnts-yes, same date. I will be bringing dominoes and hoping to fnd some 42 players.

Just booked Nachi Cocum. Looks great.

[This message has been edited by The Anchor (edited 9/12/2011 1:45p).]
GiantAntsAttack
AG
Anchor - One of my friends who is going is, or at least used to be, a 42 regular. My other friend and I know the game but have only played a few times. So if you don't mind playing with a couple newbies I'm sure we could meet up to play. Send me and email and we can talk details.

[This message has been edited by GiantAntsAttack (edited 9/15/2011 11:08a).]
The Anchor
AG
I don't mind playing wth newbies. I will be the guy with the worst farmers tan. I haven't sent you an email yet...keep forgetting.

[This message has been edited by The Anchor (edited 9/17/2011 8:40p).]
The Anchor
AG
GiantAnts-I went to respond to your email and somehow deleted it instead and can't retrieve it for some reason. Anyways, change of plans....I am not going to be bringing my dominoes after all. Maybe we will run into each other anyways. I will be wearing a couple of Aggie shirts throughout the week.
The Anchor
AG
I was able to get to a laptop and send you an email after all. My phone won't let me retrieve deleted emails. Hopefully you got my email before setting sail.

Anyways, I was overall dissappointed with the cruise. Entertaintment was weak, food was ok, and the very delayed response to the man overboard was terrible. The should have put a a life boat in the water immediately before trying to turn the whole boat around. They didn't put the lifeboat in until about 30 minutes later. Not that that would have saved the guy but it certainly couldn't have hurt. I was dissappointed in Jamaica but Grand Cayman and Nochi Cocum in Cozumel were great.

I may give Carnival one more try but I have not been too impressed compared to its peers.

All that said we had a great vacation and it was worth it.
GiantAntsAttack
AG
I didn't see your email until we got back, but no worries.

This time we did ziplining in Jamaica and enjoyed that a lot more then just trying to find something to do, still my least favorite port by far though.

As far as the entertainment, I thought the two cowboy comedians were hilarious and the other two not bad. We didn't go to the production shows in the main lounge, but the Action Comedy guy the 2nd to last night was good. I found the entertainment staff to be disappointing compared to our previous Carnival cruises, they just weren't excited and didn't seem that in to it. Especially Drew from New Orleans, he was always late with trivia and just seemed to be making the motions.

I enjoyed most of the food, especially since they changed up the menu a little, but maybe I'm just easy to please. I also liked the Thirsty Frog beer.

Overall we had a great cruise and are definitely planning a trip on the Magic once it comes to Galveston. Probably on the new Belize/Isla Roatan/Cozumel itinerary.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.