Bangkok

3,096 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by The Craniums Hag
Louis Armstrong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bang Kok
FJB
AG
CDub06... you've inspired me to get off my can and post some pics of my trip in Dec.
Goldie Wilson
I'm heading to Bangkok in a few weeks, just bumping this thread to see if anybody has additional info, suggestions, or trip reports
CDub06
AG
Bummed that all of my pictures didn't last. (EDIT: Just replaced the broken links)

We were there for a week and took a couple of excursions outside the city. If you are able, go on an excursion that includes the Tiger Temple and Erawan Waterfalls. AMAZING!

We booked the tour through a local after we arrived. Transportation and Itinerary was very similar to this one: http://www.hotelthailand.com/thailand-activities/kanchanaburi-activity/tiger-temple-erawan-waterfall-tour-kanchanaburi-thailand.html#itenery but ours spanned 2 days.

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 11/22/2011 9:43a).]
CDub06
AG
We also took a bus to a ferry to Koh Samet. It was a nice beach, a great change up from the city.

Learn the train system, it's great. Avoid Tuk Tuks. Expect hassle from the taxi drivers, this was the one thing that really irritated me. Expect to bargain for anything you want.

There will be scammers out there. Watch out - Don't agree to anything that smells fishy. Also, if someone tells you a site or temple is closed, don't believe them.

It's a beautiful city with great culture and excellent food. Be sure you eat some street food.

How long will you be there? Where are you staying? And do you have specific questions? I have a ton of notes about the different areas of the city I used when I planned my trip.
Froppe
AG
Dan,
If you do the "real man's" Bangkok, Rule No. 1 is strictly enforced on here.
Spore Ag
Jim Thompsons house. Read on it as it is interresting.
mosesrab90
AG
I thought Bangkok was under water?
713nervy
AG
Does Raj's do womens' suits? What is your advice on the protocol for this...how many fittings/days does it require? Are they open on Saturday/Sunday?

Thanks
The Craniums Hag

[This message has been edited by The Craniums Hag (edited 8/2/2012 11:28p).]
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.