2026 youth & HS baseball/softball thread

15,302 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Benny the Jet Rodriguez
uncover&humpit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im a fan, I've seen to many kids get drilled from the pitchers mound on comebacker hits to the pitcher. One boy had to be taken to the ER after getting hit in the head and missed months afterwards recovering from a major concussion. No reason 12U and up should be using USSSA bats, they are just too hot and give a false sense of success. I'd love to see these standards across all of competitive baseball.
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PhatMack19 said:

Bbcor going -3, -4, -5, & -6 for High School. They don't mention college. That may be a whole different bat.





I read the article but I'm having a hard time squaring the idea of letting kids use a -6 in HS and it still meeting the BBCOR standards.
aggielax48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My tiny pre-pubecsent 12 yr old swings a drop 5. No high schooler should be swinging that regardless of certification.
docb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This still looks no closer than 5 years ago. Cedar Park.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fall is kicking into gear with my daughter and her team. We're entering open class this year, and she's the main bracket pitcher. If I had hair, I might be pulling it out.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser said:

PhatMack19 said:

Bbcor going -3, -4, -5, & -6 for High School. They don't mention college. That may be a whole different bat.





I read the article but I'm having a hard time squaring the idea of letting kids use a -6 in HS and it still meeting the BBCOR standards.

I think it'll be ****ty USA type bats, right? Now the ever-improving BBCOR bats like the Atlas 2.0, Reckless, or Combat.
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

PhatMack19 said:

Bbcor going -3, -4, -5, & -6 for High School. They don't mention college. That may be a whole different bat.





I read the article but I'm having a hard time squaring the idea of letting kids use a -6 in HS and it still meeting the BBCOR standards.

I think it'll be ****ty USA type bats, right? Now the ever-improving BBCOR bats like the Atlas 2.0, Reckless, or Combat.


I guess but it's all so confusing and the whole change is a lot of "why?"

There have been some folks complaining that the BBCOR bats have gotten hotter than they're supposed to be but who knows for sure. My issue is like @aggielax48 said with HS kids swining -6 bats when at 13U kids have to swing at -5, even if it is a USSSA piss-missile machine vs. the USA bats.

I mean, it's OK that some kids can't handle the -3 BBCOR, there needs to be standards.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

PhatMack19 said:

Bbcor going -3, -4, -5, & -6 for High School. They don't mention college. That may be a whole different bat.





I read the article but I'm having a hard time squaring the idea of letting kids use a -6 in HS and it still meeting the BBCOR standards.

I think it'll be ****ty USA type bats, right? Now the ever-improving BBCOR bats like the Atlas 2.0, Reckless, or Combat.


I guess but it's all so confusing and the whole change is a lot of "why?"

There have been some folks complaining that the BBCOR bats have gotten hotter than they're supposed to be but who knows for sure. My issue is like @aggielax48 said with HS kids swining -6 bats when at 13U kids have to swing at -5, even if it is a USSSA piss-missile machine vs. the USA bats.

I mean, it's OK that some kids can't handle the -3 BBCOR, there needs to be standards.

Not saying I agree with it, but here is at least one reason:

USA Baseball President John Gall. "We have seen too many athletes entering high school baseball struggle with the immediate jump to the -3-drop weight and then walk away from the game. This rule change creates flexibility for players to continue building strength, refining mechanics, and developing bat speed over time before making the jump to USA BBCOR."

The other reason probably has to do with money. Maybe it's to sell more bats. Maybe the committee somehow gets some kickback by doing this. I don't know, but money is usually the reason most things happen.
Benny the Jet Rodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why would kids who can swing a -3 move to a -6?
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Benny the Jet Rodriguez said:

Why would kids who can swing a -3 move to a -6?

We played 13u Babe Ruth WS in New York a few weeks ago. We were the only team swinging Bbcor. Every other team was swinging USA. I don't think the -6 will be for the upperclassman. 13-15 it may be better for them to be able to use a lighter bat.
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Benny the Jet Rodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree. There is a lot of talk about how bad this is because big kids will be swinging these light bats in high school. I just don't see that happening. I think the new rule is not going to change things much.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.