StatCast accuracy

685 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Farmer1906
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The home runs that Yordan and Ohtani hit yesterday got me wondering about how accurate StatCast really is.

Ohtani's HR was put down at 473' and Yordan's at 429' but I think both would be much farther if accurately measured.

To get to the section under the roof where Ohtani hit his looks to be 480' and he cleared the roof so I'd think he went over 500'.

As for Yordan's blast, it's about 330' to RF (326' down the line) where his shot went and he hit the facade of the upper deck so it was easily over 400' on the fly and then projecting where it would land if it had been unimpeded would easily add another 75-100' so a more accurate reading would likely be 475' at a minimum.

Just something that bugs me about all the data and analytics. I'm not convinced of its accuracy at times.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think you're misjudging the distance of where Yordan hit. If you were to draw a line to the ground of the upper deck facade, we're looking more like 360, not 400.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.