2024 A&M Outfield in the MLB Hypothetical

576 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by LostTexasBoy
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching this A&M team and the 3 outfielders has been a joy this year, and after pondering this for a bit, I've finally found the right way to frame it.

You stumble upon a magic lamp, and a weird genie pops out. He proposes the following:

1. You can become the owner/GM of any MLB organization.
2. Upon doing so, you must immediately release your 3 starting MLB outfielders. Any monetary obligations and CBT implications to them cease at the end of the 2026 season.
3. In exchange, you are given 3 special draft picks (that do not replace your first round picks) that give you the rights to the following players:
2024 - Braden Montgomery
2025 - Jace LaViolette
2026 - Gavin Grahovac

For which teams are you willing to take this deal, if any? Are there any teams for which you'd be willing to take it with a little bit of a tweak? (For example, say the Astros, who are potentially seeing the end of a window but, still have enough pieces to get hot and grab another. Perhaps for them, the condition is you don't release the current OF until the end of 2024 or 2025.)
The Porkchop Express
Feels like a Tanker thread.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
tjack16
AG
Only problem with that is Grahovac is a third basemen… not outfielder
aggietony2010
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm an idiot.

You have to release your outfielders anyway.
RED AG 98
AG
tjack16 said:

Well, he's playing 3B this year because he's too good to keep off the field, but that's not his natural position. He mostly played OF, SS and C in high school.
LostTexasBoy
AG
Some of y'all think about some of the weirdest ****, sometimes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.