MLB new gameday features

538 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by double aught
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the Astros being on appletv today, I'm listening and watching the gamecase on mlb.com, and they've got some pretty cool new features.

First, the little box of the entire field that shows the fielders as little boxes with their position, and the offense as dots is still there. They first used it in the WS last year, and it's pretty cool.

In addition, the center box where it shows the strike zone and where the pitches are coming in now has a 3D mode, which is a 3D rendering of the entire field, and all the players and their movement. There are different camera views, and you can rotate your view, pan around, zoom in and out, it's pretty incredible. I don't know if this feature has existed before, but this is the first time I've noticed it.

Not sure if anyone else has checked it out yet, but it's worth a look.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The MLB app is really impressive and has been for years. Well designed with all sorts of great features. Even in the early days of streaming, the video quality was high.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.