***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,693,356 Views | 66444 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by PrestigeWorldwideAg12
TexAgs1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Your Mom And Them said:

1876er said:

Trading Tucker would be monumentally dumb. The AL West is still the Astro's to lose next year. He's one of the top players in the league. You aren't going to get an equivalent player for him.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat.
Ditto. Replenish the farm and set yourself up for 2-3 years down the road.
Topher17
AG
This is what happens when the owner thinks he's smarter than the GM who retooled the club to win another WS.

It was a blast of a decade and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but Crane got too big for his britches.
GoAgs11
The run is over
Ags #1
AG
So holds on for one more year to just let him walk?
Beau Holder
AG
Wish I could go back to the night of Game 6 in 2022 and give myself a heads up to enjoy it like it was the end.
amercer
AG
Well boys, one last hurrah
SeanDaAg2005
AG
Yordan is signed through 2027/2028. Could we trade Tucker and framber and target that as our year to spend and compete again? We'll have our bad contracts done by then right?

It's a tough spot because like someone said, we probably still win the west next year
HTownAg98
wehnerhigh20 said:

Re-sign Breggy, trade Tucker for all you can get? Idk man it feels like it's all slipping away

Wait until you see next year's arbitration numbers. It's ugly.
W
AG
last call for the 2024 season
John E
AG
Ags #1 said:

So holds on for one more year to just let him walk?
worked out for the Angels
Texas A&M
We've only had one extra base hit so far in the series. Now would be a good time for a few.
maca1028
Topher17 said:

This is what happens when the owner thinks he's smarter than the GM who retooled the club to win another WS.

It was a blast of a decade and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but Crane got too big for his britches.

This…100% this!
Beau Holder
AG
W said:

last call for the 2024 season

Goodbye and good riddance.
1876er
AG
TexAgs1992 said:

Your Mom And Them said:

1876er said:

Trading Tucker would be monumentally dumb. The AL West is still the Astro's to lose next year. He's one of the top players in the league. You aren't going to get an equivalent player for him.

This team with Tucker is still a contender next year. With prospects, you are giving up on the year.
agintex
Some of y'all forget the impact of the removal of draft picks had. We essentially had zero prospect capital for the trade deadlines the past 4 years.

The fact the success has sustained this long is almost a miracle, especially when you consider the horses we have lost in free agency.

You cannot deny the winning culture that is in that dugout. 7 of 8 AL West champs, total domination. Don't be so doom and gloom on the future
fullback44
AG
GoAgs11 said:

The run is over

Neah… get all our starting pitchers back and we are about to make another run.. too many guys hurt this year
iBrad
AG
I think you get a lot more for Tucker and Framber at the trade deadline than in the offseason. You have to start the season with them.
mwm
I am old school & a purist. I believe in a good bunt.

I blame it all on putting "Strauss" on the batting helmets.
kingjaret92
AG
Was coming here to say this.
BCEDAg
AG
Watching this game to the very end with hopes of pulling it out in the bottom of the ninth. However it's been a great ride and we have been spoiled in a good way watching this franchise have success for a very long time. There are teams and their fans who would love to trade with us. Hopefully the front office will make some significant moves in the off-season and continue the run.
agdoc84
Where did the ball land on the double down left field for three runs? I never saw a replay ? How close was the ball to the line?
HTownAg98
Topher17 said:

He learned from Jerry Jones.
MAROON
AG
fullback44 said:

GoAgs11 said:

The run is over

Neah… get all our starting pitchers back and we are about to make another run.. too many guys hurt this year
who will play 1st and 3rd? We still have a huge offensive hole in CF. And we have bullpen issues that need addressing.
Marvin
AG
1876er said:

TexAgs1992 said:

Your Mom And Them said:

1876er said:

This team with Tucker is still a contender next year. With prospects, you are giving up on the year.

And letting Correa, Springer, Bregman, Valdez, and Tucker all walk with nothing in return is giving up on the next decade. I understand it's tough to manage when the team is winning, but that is too much to overcome.
heavens11
AG
I don't think this team can sequence enough hits to plate 3 runs, so if there's to be a miracle someone going to have to hit one (or more) into the bleachers
wehnerhigh20
AG
Crane better be hands off except for handing over the checkbook this off-season.
BeaumontAg05
AG
End of the run is realtive to your view of things. Competing for a WS, likely coming to and end. A couple more seasons of trying to make the playoffs and win the division, still in play.
tremble
AG
Brutal
Ag_07
AG
I think the lesson learned from this is get a bye.

These best of 3 WC series are nuts and anyone can beat anyone in a 3 game series.

Get the bye and avoid it all together.
MAROON
AG
watching strike three in the bottom of the 9th is a fire able offense
f1ghtintexasaggie
I'm happy for Hinch. If we had to go down, I'm glad it was to him. Wish Crane would've had a backbone to stand by him when the SHTF.
Wabs
AG
Just stand there and watch strikes Victor. Sweet.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
Down to 1 out
Frok
AG
I'm sad but I honestly didn't expect much from this postseason. We just weren't that good this year, it was amazing we still made the playoffs.

BeaumontAg05
AG
Again, we very much have a hitting approach problem. Been that way all season, and we all could see how that wouldn't play in the playoffs.
First Page Last Page
Page 1891 of 1899

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.