***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,696,680 Views | 66479 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by iBrad
Bioish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The dynasty started with Hinch and it was ended by Hinch
BCEDAg
AG
I think we should petition to MLB that all future playoff games should be played on the road. We pucker up so bad offensively at MMP.
It's not new either. I recall the playoff games in the Astrodome in the late '90's where they couldn't hit a lick either.
Ags #1
AG
Yep. 100% trade Tucker this off season and load up on talent , he is walking regardless
Frok
AG
maca1028 said:

maca1028 said:

Frok said:

4 more years of Hader
1 more of Jose Abreu's contract
1 more of Monteros contract
2 more years of McCullers contract

This one hurts the most

Was McCullers a Click deal?

Yes.
Ag12thman
AG
I like the fight we showed to win the division, but I am just not impressed with Espada overall. Not sure he's it.

Wish we could trade managers with the Tigers.
Wabs
AG
SeanDaAg2005 said:

Also why did hader pitch yesterday?
Possibly one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in a long time.
RO519
AG
Get some young talent and build from there. Window is still open.
Satellite of Love
tremble said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

Espada brain fart

To give Detroit a good look at our closer.
Beau Holder
AG
Wabs said:

Pretty clear that our money needs to go to Breggy. Trade Tucker for some young talent that we desperately need. Wouldn't mind seeing someone new at SS unless we can fill a lineup where Pena bats 8 or 9. And obviously we gotta address the 1B issue that we've had for a while now.

We should get the regular season help from Tucker we need and then deal him at the deadline so he can go 6-for-47 or whatever it is for someone else in the playoffs.
Prosperdick
AG
Bioish said:

I hope you're wrong but strongly suspect you're right.
iBrad
AG
Hader pitching yesterday had nothing to do with Pressley sucking or Ibanez hitting a double.
agintex
Ag12thman said:

I like the fight we showed to win the division, but I am just not impressed with Espada overall. Not sure he's it.

The manager of the Tigers almost cost them the game by bringing in a 22 year old rookie to pitch.

Espada is not the one grounding into inning ending double plays.

Some of y'all amaze me.
W
AG
maca1028 said:

maca1028 said:

Frok said:

4 more years of Hader

This one hurts the most

Was McCullers a Click deal?
yes, the LMj extension is the big, big negative on Click's tenure / resume
75AG
AG
Dude, window has closed. Too many holes to fill. You don't win championships with Caratini, Dubon, Jake, and Chaz.

We're entering a decade of mediocre baseball
Your Mom And Them
Tucker needs to be gone. Most unclutch player in the entire organization. Innings 1-5, he's an all star. From the sixth inning on he's terrible. Game/season on the line and he folds. Get rid of him.
Wabs
AG
iBrad said:

Hader pitching yesterday had nothing to do with Pressley sucking or Ibanez hitting a double.
Could have brought Hader in to pitch the last 5 or 6 outs.
Marvin
AG
Prosperdick said:

Bioish said:

I hope you're wrong but strongly suspect you're right.

I'd give more of that credit to Lunhow, but I get the symmetry.
BCEDAg
AG
agintex said:

Ag12thman said:

The manager of the Tigers almost cost them the game by bringing in a 22 year old rookie to pitch.

Espada is not the one grounding into inning ending double plays.

Some of y'all amaze me.

Then fire Cintron.
RED AG 98
AG
Wabs said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

Possibly one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in a long time.
Compounded by going to Press in the 8th with the meat of the order and 3/4 LHH. That's the first they should have seen of Hader.
MAROON
AG
Frok said:

4 more years of Hader
and no major league corner infielders on the roster

FIFY
JohnnyTexAg1995
Hader just out there on the struggle bus
Gig 'Em and God Bless
wehnerhigh20
AG
Re-sign Breggy, trade Tucker for all you can get? Idk man it feels like it's all slipping away
1876er
AG
Trading Tucker would be monumentally dumb. The AL West is still the Astro's to lose next year. He's one of the top players in the league. You aren't going to get an equivalent player for him.
maca1028
75AG said:

Dude, window has closed. Too many holes to fill. You don't win championships with Caratini, Dubon, Jake, and Chaz.

I wouldn't trade a second of it if that's the case. A lot of fanbases never get the experience the run we've had.
iBrad
AG
Wabs said:

iBrad said:

Could have brought Hader in to pitch the last 5 or 6 outs.

Sorry. In the playoffs, you try like hell to win every game, especially in a 3-game series. You don't hold back your "best" reliever to hopefully get more out of him in game two.
hunter2012
AG
Bioish said:

Should have told the MLB to pound sand in the first place, if the scandal is bad enough to fire then he shouldn't have been let back in the league. A one year suspension is such a joke.
tjack16
AG
You can say what you want about making it to ALCS game 7 last year but let's be honest… this was back to back very flawed teams.

90-72
88-73

We got a very favorable ALDS matchup last year and then lost an ALCS we should have won. This year we had to scratch and claw our way to winning the clearly worst division in baseball.

Something changed after the 2022 World Series and I don't know what it is.
agintex
75AG said:

if that is what it is, so be it.

That was the most fun Astros decade of all time. No one can take away the memories made since 2015. I'll never trade the success for whatever AAAA players we roll out there next year.
Your Mom And Them
1876er said:

Trading Tucker would be monumentally dumb. The AL West is still the Astro's to lose next year. He's one of the top players in the league. You aren't going to get an equivalent player for him.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat.
75AG
AG
I've been an Astros fan before they were the Astros. I've got to witness amazing runs and 2 WS championships. Can't complain; although, very disappointed in this season.
RED AG 98
AG
almost like going to Hader yesterday was a mistake... I hope someone actually asks Joe.
John E
AG
tjack16 said:

You can say what you want about making it to ALCS game 7 last year but let's be honest… this was back to back very flawed teams.

90-72
88-73

We got a very favorable ALDS matchup last year and then lost an ALCS we should have won. This year we had to scratch and claw our way to winning the clearly worst division in baseball.

Something changed after the 2022 World Series and I don't know what it is.
Its hard to win
Heineken-Ashi
Maroon&Fight said:

How much return could we get for Tucker with one year of control? Sign Bregman and get more talented youth into the organization

Should have traded Bregman after 2022 for a boatload of prospects. Now we won't get anything for him and he's not worth the money it will take to get him. Signing him long term cements our trajectory on 2005-2010. No thanks.
Flower Child
Do you believe in miracles???
RO519
AG
75AG said:

It is closing quicky but is still open. Pitching staff is still pretty damn elite and we get some key pieces back next season to take kuchi mans place.

I agree you don't win championships with the players listed above. Its time to make some off season moves and make one or two more runs.
First Page Last Page
Page 1890 of 1900

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.