***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,621,172 Views | 65031 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by W
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

lol. Same **** every year.
CFTXAG10
AG
Mathguy64 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I'm hearing 1:30 start time Tuesday and Wednesday. Expected it, but it still sucks.

If that's what it is, I wouldn't be able to watch a single pitch of game 1 and I would miss most of game 2.

Sorry bud
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I'm hearing 1:30 start time Tuesday and Wednesday. Expected it, but it still sucks.

If that's what it is, I wouldn't be able to watch a single pitch of game 1 and I would miss most of game 2.

Yeah I'll miss all of them. Life of a teacher in a fine arts program that has after school rehearsals.

This happens every year with the opening round (usually ALDS). You'd think we earned a night game by now
Prosperdick
AG
WES2006AG said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

lol. Same **** every year.
I hope it ends up as the same **** as every year for the last 7 years...ALCS appearance.
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Yep. Nothing at all from game 1 or 3 and probably just the last 3 innings of game 2.

Thanks America for not giving a **** about the best team in baseball for the LAST 8 ****ING YEARS.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

Alright… let's hear some predictions.

How does each series go for the Astros (winner and how many games)

Wild Card: Astros in 2
ALDS: Astros in 4
ALCS: Astros over Yankees in 7 (head says yanks, but I can't pick them)
World Series: Phillies over Astros in 6

WC: Astros in 3
ALDS: Astros in 5
ALCS: Yankees in 6 and I expect at least 2 head shaking calls in favor of the Yankees.
Texas A&M
Mathguy64 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Yep. Nothing at all from game 1 or 3 and probably just the last 3 innings of game 2.

Thanks America for not giving a **** about the best team in baseball for the LAST 8 ****ING YEARS.
My memory may be way off... but didn't the Braves get similar treatment back during their run in the 90's?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Full broadcast schedule for the wild card series.
BayAg_14
WC: Astros in 3
ALDS: Cleveland in 5

EastCoastAgNc
AG
nbbob
AggiEE said:

Question - would tigers have home field if they had a better record despite not winning their division?

Or does the division winner always rank higher than a team that doesn't win their division?

Division winner gets the 3 seed regardless of record I believe.
gougler08
AG
Normally would be able to watch but of course in a leadership team meeting all week, cool
tjack16
AG
AggiEE said:

Question - would tigers have home field if they had a better record despite not winning their division?

Or does the division winner always rank higher than a team that doesn't win their division?

Division winners will have home field over wild card all the way through I believe. So if we are the 3 seed in the AL and face the 4 seed padres, we'd get homefield (I'm pretty sure). At least through the ALCS division winners do
AustinAg2K
Texas A&M said:

Mathguy64 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

My memory may be way off... but didn't the Braves get similar treatment back during their run in the 90's?

They certainly did when they played us.
Mathguy64
AG
Since I can't watch the games I may as well get the playoff party started now.

It's playoff baseball. May the good luck titties work their magic. And may those of you who flag this get incurable wiener warts.

EastCoastAgNc
AG

Great...we get the Yankee dbag calling our game...sync up your radio feeds.
agproducer
AG
tjack16 said:

Alright… let's hear some predictions.

How does each series go for the Astros (winner and how many games)

Wild Card: Astros in 2
ALDS: Astros in 4
ALCS: Astros over Yankees in 7 (head says yanks, but I can't pick them)
World Series: Phillies over Astros in 6

WC: Astros in 2
DS: Astros in 4
CS: Astros in 6 over Os
WS: Astros in 6 over Dodgers
iBrad
AG
Definitely don't want to turn the announcers against us anymore than they already will be, but it would be awesome to include this clip in a playoff montage.

linkdude
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
And 0 grand slams
Big Bucks
AG
Well the almighty moderators just removed a post of mine on another forum. First time ever and I've been on TexAgs for 25 years on and off. Guess I am playoff ready!!
Ags #1
AG
Which forum?
Mathguy64
AG
So. Call your shots.

Does Yordan make the WC roster?
Does Chas make the WC roster?
Does JV make the WC roster?

Yes.
No.
Yes. Not because he will play but just because.
Big Bucks
AG
Politics. On the WNC flooding thread. Guy was basically saying folks had plenty of warning and is everyone's fault. I pointed out how storm track predictions were wrong and changed and he became argumentative. So I just said I have realized that even some Aggies can be know it all, argumentative xxxxxx and I hoped he learned compassion one day.
BTKAG97
AG
28-29 in day games. MLB really looking for an early Astros departure from the playoffs.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64 said:

So. Call your shots.

Yes.
No.

No, yes, no.

We've seen this song and dance before with injured players, and I'm afraid it'll play out the same with yordan. I think that's part of why they brought up dezenzo was to get him some big league ABs to play in the wild card series.

JV serves no purpose in the WC series. He would have to pitch in short rest unless it's game 3 and I don't want him anywhere close to the field in an elimination game.
Frok
AG
Baseball needs to fire all of its executives. Young people in general do not watch baseball. Then there's me, I really like it but I won't watch one moment of my team in the playoffs because of the archaic scheduling.

Prosperdick
AG
BTKAG97 said:

28-29 in day games. MLB really looking for an early Astros departure from the playoffs.
How many of those losses were from our days in the NL?
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

So. Call your shots.

Yes.
No.

Yes. But doesn't start game 1
No
Yes. But doesn't pitch
redline248
AG
Prosperdick said:

BTKAG97 said:

How many of those losses were from our days in the NL?
That record is 2024 only
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wild card series History

2022:
Phillies over Cardinals 2-0
Padres over Mets 2-1
Guardians over rays 2-0
Mariners over Blue Jays 2-0

2023:
Twins over blue Jays 2-0
Rangers over rays 2-0
Phillies over Marlins 2-0
Dbacks over brewers 2-0

The message? Whoever wins game 1 wins the series.
So far no game 1 loser has won a wild card series. Framber better be laser focused
BadAggie
AG
Frok said:

Baseball needs to fire all of its executives. Young people in general do not watch baseball. Then there's me, I really like it but I won't watch one moment of my team in the playoffs because of the archaic scheduling.

Do not understand non-weekend day playoff games in any sport.
fullback44
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Since I can't watch the games I may as well get the playoff party started now.

It's playoff baseball. May the good luck titties work their magic. And may those of you who flag this get incurable wiener warts.

I wouldn't mind watching the game with her .. probably wouldn't even care who wins … go Astros
iBrad
AG
BadAggie said:

Frok said:

Do not understand non-weekend day playoff games in any sport.

MLB can't stagger games with multiple off days like the NBA and NHL to play all prime time games. Teams would be able to use fewer starters.

I guess the question is, what leads to more viewership overall? Afternoon games or playing games at the same time?
First Page Last Page
Page 1819 of 1859

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.