***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,623,253 Views | 65033 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BadAggie
Twisted Helix
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TK and Blum said we were in a holding pattern waiting on a decision about the game. I don't know if it will be delayed or canceled.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
KTAG05
AG
3 years for $74 left. Colorado paying for $10M. Signed till age 36
superaggie73
AG
KTAG05 said:

3 years for $74 left. Colorado paying for $10M. Signed till age 36

I'd do that. In fact, I'd offer that same deal to Bregman. If he doesn't quickly jump on it, then I make the trade for Arenado.
Mathguy64
AG
IMHO Arenado is already in the declining age phase. His last two season are not good. Do not want.
gambochaman
AG
wrong thread
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Royals up 3-0 on the braves
White Sox up 2-0 on the tigers
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

IMHO Arenado is already in the declining age phase. His last two season are not good. Do not want.

1000% agree.
RED AG 98
AG
Ugh. Worst outcome of the day brewing
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beat40
Lotta people scared about who the Astros play. Remember, the other team has to play the Astros.
Hornbeck
AG
Dude is playing the same game Fisher did @ Oakland. He's fishing for a new spot.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Nah, I don't want to face the tigers pitching in a short series. That with our anemic offense is a recipe for early exit.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

AJ phoning it in to set up a revenge series
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beat40
EastCoastAgNc said:

Nah, I don't want to face the tigers pitching in a short series. That with our anemic offense is a recipe for early exit.

They have to face Astros pitching too.

Ragans and Lugo are pretty damn good too.

It's going to be tough either way.
PoppaB05
AG
I hope the Baseball Gods allow us to go in dry on the Tigers. Losing 2 of 3 to the White Sox is ridiculous. I honestly don't have a preference but this was certainly a mail it in job by them
Mathguy64
AG
D Backs and Mets winning today and Braves losing doesn't really help Arizona.

The only way they get in is if a team sweeps tomorrow. A split gets Braves and Mets through. That sure does set up a chance for the team who wins game 1 to roll out scrubs in game 2 and basically quit.
RED AG 98
AG
Yeah, they do. I'm not scared and neither should the Astros be. That doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer not to face one of the better teams of the last few months with a legit ace and a super motivated skipper in a short series given the choice (which clearly I don't have).
Mathguy64
AG
Atlanta is mounting a charge. 2-4 but two on and 1 out B4
txags92
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Joe got around to reading the thread today and realized Grae still needs that one more chance at a hit this season.
Mathguy64
AG
And they get nothing. 4-2 KC.

I didn't realize it but Ramon "I swear I didn't take steroids" Laureano is playing for the Braves.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Twisted Helix
I wonder if MLB is pressuring them to get the game in. Seems like both organizations want to get gone.
Mr President Elect
AG
Det maybe not going to throw the game. GS 4-5
Mathguy64
AG
Zona up 7-1. Mets up 5-0. Atlanta down to KC 2-4 and Detroit down the worst team in MLB history 4-5.
jkag89
Mr President Elect said:

Det maybe not going to throw the game. GS 4-5
I think what is going on here is that the Tigers are not willing to use any high leverage pitching in these last two games. In other words having the best rested and ready to go is more important than who the play on Tuesday.
Mr President Elect
AG
yeah, I agree, but would just suck for them to lose 2 of 3 to the worst team in MLB history to give us the less desirable matchup. On the other hand, could end up cramping their momentum a bit and bite them.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
It would be such a Rob Manfred thing to try and make both teams play a meaningless game tomorrow just because they couldn't today...I wouldn't put it past him
Cynic
Can the Astros forfeit the game for social justice reasons?
Mathguy64
AG
Not gonna happen. Baseball has a long history of not playing make up games that have no meaning. They already said the Atlanta/Mets games would not be played unless needed.
Mr President Elect
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Not gonna happen. Baseball has a long history of not playing make up games that have no meaning. They already said the Atlanta/Mets games would not be played unless needed.
I'm not sure if it would be completely meaningless, at a quick glance perahps WS homefiled could be at play for certain matchups.
Mathguy64
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Mathguy64 said:

I'm not sure if it would be completely meaningless, at a quick glance perahps WS homefiled could be at play for certain matchups.

Oh they are playing tomorrow. These games have definite meaning. But that announcement was made a while back.
Mr President Elect
AG
I meant our game, Cle vs (Mil / SD) and Hou vs (AZ / Atl / NY) could potentially be impacted. Not sure if that counts as meaningful enough though
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr President Elect said:

I meant our game, Cle vs (Mil / SD) and Hou vs (AZ / Atl / NY) could potentially be impacted. Not sure if that counts as meaningful enough though

It's not important enough to burn the roster the day before the playoffs start.
First Page Last Page
Page 1816 of 1859

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.