***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,530,342 Views | 63389 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by EastCoastAgNc
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I much prefer to face Cleveland in the DS.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
The dude for Baltimore that has like a career 0.05 era against us (Bradish maybe?) is out for year right? Burnes is good but don't they lack SP? Bats are crazy though.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Meanwhile in Minnesota...
W
AG
mwm said:

The hurricane is wreaking havoc on the baseball schedule. The games between the Mets & the Braves have already been pushed to a double-header on Monday.

Get a roof.
and the winner of the double-header could be on airplane to San Diego afterwards
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

KUCHI
KUCHI
KUCHI

EastCoastAgNc
AG
FrioAg 00
AG
Tie game Padres
Faustus
Farmer1906 said:

Going to have to wring the last bit of value out of Bregs then the rest of the way and hopefully ride the rest of his rescuing his contract year through the playoffs. I'm sure he'd prefer to do the same.

Hopefully we try these last few games with Tuck and Altuve too for the same reason.
FrioAg 00
AG
Padres on top!

F the Dodgers

Jackal99
AG
Space Cowboys just won the PCL championship.

wangus12
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Padres on top!

F the Dodgers

Listening to DFW radio this afternoon and they were praying for a Dodgers-Yankees WS. Don't they know those 2 franchises love to blow it in October over the last decade
tjack16
AG
wangus12 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Padres on top!

F the Dodgers

Listening to DFW radio this afternoon and they were praying for a Dodgers-Yankees WS. Don't they know those 2 franchises love to blow it in October over the last decade

The amount of "I'm a Yankees/Dodgers fan because I have a cousin who lives there" types of fans will be coming out of nowhere
Mathguy64
AG
wangus12 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Padres on top!

F the Dodgers

There are a lot of people/pundits who say "I want a NYY/LAD World Series. I don't like the teams but that's best for baseball"

I do not understand that argument. Yes it's large metro areas but the Houston metro area is large too.
FrioAg 00
AG
Damn, this game is a battle. 3-3 now.

AggiEE
I'm sure Hector Neris will make the roster, but man....I do not want to see him in the playoffs with the way he's pitched for us
Sleeping Giant
S
Farmer1906 said:

I'm torn...why do you want to face CLE?
Hornbeck
AG
Terrible, bottom of the barrel farm system manages to win PCL championship.
txags92
AG
AggiEE said:

I'm sure Hector Neris will make the roster, but man....I do not want to see him in the playoffs with the way he's pitched for us
I'd rather see him than Turd Ferguson. Neris has had two shaky outings in his last two, but before that he was pretty solid.
AggiEE
txags92 said:

AggiEE said:

I'd rather see him than Turd Ferguson. Neris has had two shaky outings in his last two, but before that he was pretty solid.

He's been shaky even when he doesn't give up a run. Lots of traffic
bearkatag15
AG
AggiEE said:

Prepare to be disapointed
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Baseball Is Life
Jackal99 said:

Space Cowboys just won the PCL championship.

Most people who have MLBTV probably know, but you can watch all the minor league games of your favorite team. I love the Astros and watch a lot of Space Cowboys (including this game) as well, but it's fun to watch an Express game, too.. You can just switch your favorites and watch all levels of the MiLB.
Baseball Is Life
Also, building on the Space Cowboys win. I was looking at body language and was really shocked, as everyone looked really happy. Seth Martinez (didn't pitch well and was pulled early), Cabbage, Dezenzo, etc.

The experts are tards and know nothing. We have a lot in the farm.
LB12Diamond
AG
Prop Joe might be the most narcissistic poster on all of TexAgs. Or it might be infectionAg. They both live in their own reality. Perfect examples of Ranger fans.
Farmer1906
AG
Sleeping Giant said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm torn...why do you want to face CLE?

I don't think they're nearly as good as their record shows while NY is the best team in the AL.
Ag_07
AG
Hornbeck said:

Terrible, bottom of the barrel farm system manages to win PCL championship.

I know we joke about this but I'm starting to think there's some truth to the bad rankings given we have lots of success at AAA yet guys like Whitcomb, Dezenzo, Leon, etc struggle in the bigs.

Starting to think we have lots of AAAA guys and that's reflected in the farm system rankings.
jkag89
IMO our ranking is probably due to not having a large number of potential everyday players down on the farm but mostly players that grade out as solid role players if they make the Show.
tjack16
AG
jkag89 said:

IMO our ranking is probably due to not having a large number of potential everyday players down on the farm but mostly players that grade out as solid role players if they make the Show.

Yep. Also a lot of them are like mid 20s which isn't as appealing in the prospect rankings
tjack16
AG
Rally baby enjoyed her first baseball game in sugar land last night

TarponChaser
tjack16 said:

wangus12 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Padres on top!

F the Dodgers

The amount of "I'm a Yankees/Dodgers fan because I have a cousin who lives there" types of fans will be coming out of nowhere

I have a long-time friend who is an obnoxious Yankees fan but was born in Houston and raised in Sugar Land. Went to tu, law school at South Texas, and many years later moved to NYC for his defense attorney practice. Anyway, only reason he's a Yankee fan is because he's Italian and lots of Italians up there are Yankee fans.

I give him truckloads of sch!tt for it too.
TarponChaser
tjack16 said:

jkag89 said:

Yep. Also a lot of them are like mid 20s which isn't as appealing in the prospect rankings

Our farm league seems to be a victim of our success. For home grown talent we have to hit on an exceptionally high percentage of draft picks because we're picking low and/or do really well in our international signings (which we tend to do). We've also traded away some prospects in the last few years who are really highly thought of by the experts.

However, our talent development via analytics (I'm not talking about goofy stats like fWAR or xBA) that have proven really good at identifying what a player does really well and maximizing that. Look at how we've been able to flip the script on pitchers like Morton and Kikuchi just to name a few.

Baseball is such a mental game too, especially with regards to managing failure and staying confident. We seem as an organizational culture to be good at not panicking and keeping guy from getting too low or too high.
tjack16
AG
I have a friend… lives in Austin… who is a Bama fan (graduated from SFA), because his dad lived in Alabama for a time… he's a Lakers fan and a Chiefs fan because he has extended family there. He also likes the Dodgers
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I really hate people like this. It's irrational to get mad at them but I can't imagine having zero loyalty to any team and just supporting who is winning at the time… losers
BTKAG97
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Prop Joe might be the most narcissistic poster on all of TexAgs. Or it might be infectionAg. They both live in their own reality. Perfect examples of Ranger fans.

Quote:

It's why they are so desperate to frame division titles and ALCS appearances as a "dynasty".
By his logic, the 90's Braves were NOT a dynasty because they only won a single World Series.
Wabs
AG
tjack16 said:

I have a friend… lives in Austin… who is a Bama fan (graduated from SFA), because his dad lived in Alabama for a time… he's a Lakers fan and a Chiefs fan because he has extended family there. He also likes the Dodgers
I had a friend that graduated from Sam and is the most obnoxious sip t-shirt fan on the earth. Always wearing sip gear, talking **** in person and constantly posting sip and anti-Aggie stuff on FB. I used to comment on his anti-Aggie posts and say "how did Sam do this weekend?". He got pissed and "unfriended" me. LOL. Oh No! What will I do?

Some people....
W
AG
checking in with the National League wildcard race...

this Mets-Braves doubleheader on Monday could be a classic prisoner's dilemma scenario

if they split the DH...both make the playoffs -- and Arizona is out

if one or the other sweeps the DH...the loser is out and Arizona is in

current win totals...

88 - Diamondbacks
87 - Mets
86 - Braves

Braves and Mets have the tiebreaker over Arizona
First Page Last Page
Page 1797 of 1812

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.