***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,528,976 Views | 63379 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by All I do is Nguyen
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pressly needs to pitch better. That was a must win game, and he was pissing it away.

You get paid a lot of money to pitch, the wheels have fallen off this year.
cc10106
Ryan is 35 but still has time to shine where he does the brightest.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE said:

Baseball Is Life said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag4life80 said:

The bullpen might be shorthanded due to Pressly evidently being a ***** after getting pulled last night. Supposedly not in the team pic or at the locker room celebration.
Maybe he shouldn't have put the game in a precarious position then where he needed to be replaced. He had a man on 1st and 3rd. He has zero right to act like a diva after the way he's pitched all year.

There was a lefty coming up as well, so the obvious move was to bring in Hader. I don't understand why he would be upset unless there is some pent up anger from the overall situation of losing the closer role.

Yeah this is not a professional look for Pressly

Hopefully it doesn't carry over to his performance in the playoffs

Not celebrating with the team is incredibly selfish and child like behavior

All I saw was him shaking his head, not looking at Joe when he handed him the ball, and then mouthing "this is f***ing bulls***" walking off the field. When Ken Giles told AJ to GFY after being taken out of a game, he got demoted or DFA'd immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if the decision to leave was not his and he was told to GTFO. Can't have that kind of attitude on your team.
Farmer1906
AG
BREAKING NEW

Pitchers get mad when you take them out.

agproducer
AG
Was Pressly in the bullpen today?
jetch17
AG
agproducer said:

Was Pressly in the bullpen today?
he was probably icing his 'gina
BCEDAg
AG
I also saw Pressly's reaction when Joe took him out for Hader. Joe is making a managerial decision to solidify the division title by bringing in Hader to face a left handed hitter, while Pressly showed that it's all about him and not the team. Very disappointed in Pressly as I don't recall him being a diva, but he's been stewing all season since they signed Hader as the closer.
Booma94
AG
BCEDAg said:

I also saw Pressly's reaction when Joe took him out for Hader. Joe is making a managerial decision to solidify the division title by bringing in Hader to face a left handed hitter, while Pressly showed that it's all about him and not the team. Very disappointed in Pressly as I don't recall him being a diva, but he's been stewing all season since they signed Hader as the closer.
Is "stewing" code for terrible with the exception of about a 5 week stretch? Because that's how I remember it.
cc10106
It's been mentioned that Pressly was unhappy going back to last year, but that was probably for different (Dusty) reasons. We need him, and he is looking at a new contract somewhere.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs
AG
Pressly is washed. Hopefully we can get just a little more from him this postseason, then he'll be gone.
wangus12
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Well damn I'm writing both their names on my voters ballot. Adults can talk through things.
texasaggie2015
AG
I said this a while back regarding Bellinger and the Astros when he was on our radar. These guys are competitive dudes who say and do things in the heat of the moment all the time. There's rarely bad blood that lasts very long.
Hornbeck
AG
Except Joe Kelly…

Eff that dude!
Ag_07
AG
Need a refresh...What happened between JRod and Hector last year?
tjack16
AG
Hornbeck said:

Except Joe Kelly…

Eff that dude!

And Trevor Bauer
EastCoastAgNc
AG
In the last series against Seattle, Hector struck out Jrod to end the inning in a key moment. Hector screamed at him and walked towards him as he was talking big $#!+and the benches cleared.
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

In the last series against Seattle, Hector struck out Jrod to end the inning in a key moment. Hector screamed at him and walked towards him as he was talking big $#!+and the benches cleared.

A lot of words were used to say "JRod is a poosay".

Seriously though, good for JRod to remember that slight and pick his spot to get paybacks. He just picked a spot one game too late.
mwm
The hurricane is wreaking havoc on the baseball schedule. The games between the Mets & the Braves have already been pushed to a double-header on Monday.

Get a roof.
Farmer1906
AG
Get a roof, poors.
Mathguy64
AG
They will have a massive mess. Atlanta hosts KC on Fri-Sun. Those games will also be in the crosshairs. And where are they going to move them?

I have $20 that Atlanta gets to move to another stadium to play.
mwm
I've heard there's a place to play in arlington that isn't being used...
Mathguy64
AG
Ironically, there is a stadium in Houston not being used this weekend.
mwm
If Bud were still in charge, they might be headed to Milwaukee.
GoAgs11
for yall saying that trolling was in bad taste never forget what the majority of their fans think

Quote:

Proposition Joe
5:50p

It's honestly pretty damn funny - the fanbase that seeks so much validation from other fanbases wins a title in a fashion that forever makes other fanbases not give them full credit for it.

It's a scarlet letter that they'll forever wear, and barring any actual run of titles, people will always remember them in that matter.

It's why they are so desperate to frame division titles and ALCS appearances as a "dynasty".
Farmer1906
AG
I don't care what they think. A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.
Daddy-O5
AG
Who cares? It's irrelevant what they think.
BadAggie
AG

W
AG
Yankees possibly spitting the bit on the 1-seed
BadAggie
AG

They'd have to lose all their remaining games and Baltimore would have to win all of theirs, no?
BadAggie
AG

One more time

W
AG
Guardians could be within 1 game of the top seed later tonight
dcaggie04
AG
W said:

Guardians could be within 1 game of the top seed later tonight

At this moment they are 1 game back. If Baltimore wins, Cleveland will be 0.5 games back.
First Page Last Page
Page 1796 of 1811

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.