***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,346,759 Views | 60870 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Harry Dunne
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I knew that was coming.
All I do is Nguyen
Well got knocked out of my fantasy league's playoffs. I am just glad that picking up Spaghetti didn't cost me a trip to the ship
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
OKCAg2002
AG
4 games back from Cleveland in the loss column. How amazing would it be to have the potential to snipe the #2 seed the last weekend by sweeping the Guardians?
OKCAg2002
AG
We had a ridiculous semifinal in our fantasy league. It game down to a single AB by Matt Olson last night. He got a double, and the other guy beat me in batting average by .0004. That gave him the win. He was up starting the day 9-3, but I roared back to tie (I had the tie breaker) with Kelen Marte's extra innings single. That was by far the craziest fantasy baseball day I can remember.

Oh, and to make it sting even more, I would have beat him if Ian Happ's grand slam wasn't robbed by Brenton Doyle. So, you could say I lost yesterday by maybe an inch.
Farmer1906
AG
Too bad. I'm back in the finals again. About to start my own dynasty.
docb
AG
Booma94 said:

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Am I imagining things or has heyward been actually pretty good since coming over.
He's been solid in the field and had 2 good days at the plate. But he's had some pretty horrid ABs as well. He's been a mixed bag, but considering the way he was acquired, that's to be expected. Overall I think the good has far outweighed the bad.
Both he and Gammel have been better than Chas so that's a win.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

What was up with the Bears' uniform...that red looked eerily similar to the ketchup bottles the Texans used to wear.

Spaghetti vs Sushi tonight!!! I sure hope Italian wins. A 5 game lead sounds so much better than 4.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

What was up with the Bears' uniform...that red looked eerily similar to the ketchup bottles the Texans used to wear.

Spaghetti vs Sushi tonight!!! I sure hope Italian wins. A 5 game lead sounds so much better than 4.

Every time the bears were on offense, their line of scrimmage was colored this dark orange/red color. I kept thinking it was 4th down every play because usually fourth down they make the line to gain red.
AustinCountyAg
can someone help verify this for me...I know with playoffs for american league will be on TBS. I currently have Fubo, and thinking of dropping it this week before it renews for September. If I switch to youtubeTV I will be able to watch all playoff games correct? Also, in terms of college football do they carry all the same networks to insure Aggie football?
Texaggie7nine
wangus12 said:

Mathguy64 said:

What a weekend.

Astros sweep. Ags won. Texans won. Rangers lost 3 in a row. Cowboys got embarrassed at home. Arsenal won.

It was a perfect weekend. They don't come along very often.
FIFY
You misspelled City
7nine
OKCAg2002
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

can someone help verify this for me...I know with playoffs for american league will be on TBS. I currently have Fubo, and thinking of dropping it this week before it renews for September. If I switch to youtubeTV I will be able to watch all playoff games correct? Also, in terms of college football do they carry all the same networks to insure Aggie football?

Look at getting Max for a month. You'll get the TBS games there.
Farmer1906
AG
You'll need ESPN for the WC and potentially Fox for the WS.
OKCAg2002
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Correct. I just mentioned Max if he doesn't want to drop Fubo. We've had that and have been pretty happy with the set up.
Booma94
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Playoffs will be on ABC, ESPN, ESPN 2, FOX, FS1, TBS, truTV and MAX.

Specifically, Wild Card games will be on ABC/ESPN

ALDS will be on Turner (TNT/TBS/truTV/MAX
NLDS will be on FOX/FS1

ALCS will be on Turner
NLCS will be on FOX

World Series will be on FOX

Farmer1906
AG
No MLBTV this year?
Booma94
AG
Farmer1906 said:

No MLBTV this year?
Simulcast, from what I can find.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

No MLBTV this year?
I don't think you've ever been able to stream playoff games on MLB.tv.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

No MLBTV this year?
I don't think you've ever been able to stream playoff games on MLB.tv.

I meant the actual TV channel. Looks like Booma has it covered tho.
TarponChaser
OKCAg2002 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Correct. I just mentioned Max if he doesn't want to drop Fubo. We've had that and have been pretty happy with the set up.

Sounds like Fubo & MAX combo is the way to go to cover all bases. Am I right?
superaggie73
AG
In the past, I've been able to watch on mlb network in espanol when we are on tbs.
OKCAg2002
AG
TarponChaser said:

OKCAg2002 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Sounds like Fubo & MAX combo is the way to go to cover all bases. Am I right?

Yeah. Max may have a trial sub, but it won't cover both the ALDS and ALCS. Good luck!
AustinCountyAg
OKCAg2002 said:

Farmer1906 said:

thanks for the info. my problem is youtubetv is about 25 bucks a month or so cheaper than fubo so I will probably cancel and switch anyway. I normally flip between the two during baseball because of space city network. It just always a PITA to time out the cancel of the subscription and trying to not miss any regular season games.
Farmer1906
AG
Directv is the best IMO. It covers everything including Space City. Only $100 a month with the intro offer.
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Directv is the best IMO. It covers everything including Space City. Only $100 a month with the intro offer.

But they currently don't have the ESPN channels correct?
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

But they currently don't have the ESPN channels correct?
That ended
Beau Holder
AG
Into the fantasy finals and still riding with Spaghetti tonight.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I still think $100+ for TV is insane.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Kind of what you have to do in order to see A&M football, basketball, baseball, and Astros plus the postseason.
All I do is Nguyen
bearkatag15 said:

I think we can catch the Guardians, so the 2 seed should still be a consideration for us. Just have to keep winning
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Farmer1906
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

bearkatag15 said:

I think we can catch the Guardians, so the 2 seed should still be a consideration for us. Just have to keep winning
If we go 9-4 they would have to go 4-10. Very very very likely not happening.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Kind of what you have to do in order to see A&M football, basketball, baseball, and Astros plus the postseason.
Only for the Astros. I understand people paying for it to watch.

I just go so fed up with it that this year is said F it. I just used gameday on the app and the iheart radio app to listen to the games.

The regional sports fees are BS.

Just wish we could have a better option, like a MLB app where there aren't black outs. But, can't do that because of the RSNs.

The other tragedy is I think YouTube TV is a superior product to Fubo. Their multi-view quad box is really, really good.

I love the Astros, but I'm tired of paying out the rear to watch them. Wish the owners would get out of their own way and lose the RSN model.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

bearkatag15 said:

If we go 9-4 they would have to go 4-10. Very very very likely not happening.
Very unlikely yes, but their remaining is:

4 against Twins
3 against Card
2 against Reds
3 against Astros

For it to happen, Twins would need to take 3 of 4, cards win 1, and Reds split to get them two 4 wins with a chance for an Astros sweep.

Of course, Astros have 6 against the Padres and Mariners, so yeah, back to the original point, very unlikely to happen.
W
AG
the Astros are catching San Diego's best 3 starters

Darvish, Cease, and King
First Page Last Page
Page 1683 of 1740

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.