***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,274,317 Views | 60157 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by LincolnBorglum79
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why are city connects so cheap
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Ag_07
AG
IIRC they're changing them next year.
Ag4life80
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Why are city connects so cheap
Because they're ugly
Booma94
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

07ag said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Well that sucked. But at least I got a $50 city connect jersey out of it. The store at MM still has a ton available.Most all names except Tucker

What sizes? Any mediums or larges left?

All sizes left. They still had hundreds of most all sizes when I left tonight.

It was the store next to the center field exit.
It's every team store in the stadium. Space City hats are all $10 as well. I'm guessing they're redoing the city connects for next year.
Farmer1906
AG
Booma94 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

07ag said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Well that sucked. But at least I got a $50 city connect jersey out of it. The store at MM still has a ton available.Most all names except Tucker

It's every team store in the stadium. Space City hats are all $10 as well. I'm guessing they're redoing the city connects for next year.

This. Which kind of sucks because ours are so good. I don't want to see them go away.
Mr.Bond
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Booma94 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

07ag said:

Texaggie7nine said:

This. Which kind of sucks because ours are so good. I don't want to see them go away.

Agreed. The look, story etc is best in baseball
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

FrioAg 00
AG
Right now my confidence rating for our pitchers:

1Fram
2Hunter

(Large distance)

Kuchi
Spencer
JV

*I'm leaving out Blanco since they already moved him to the pen, but I'm not really sure why they chose him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Not an Astros video, but it'll have to do
Booma94
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Booma94 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

07ag said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Go pick one or two up- then they can live forever in your heart and closet! I got a hat this weekend but didn't pull the trigger on a jersey.
CFTXAG10
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

1Fram
2Hunter

(Large distance)

Kuchi
Spencer
JV

*I'm leaving out Blanco since they already moved him to the pen, but I'm not really sure why they chose him.

I'm with you. I'd probably toss Kuchi in a game 3 with Ron White warm and ready at the first signs of trouble. Not a lot of faith in Spaghetti and Mr Upton right now
Wabs
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

1Fram
2Hunter

(Large distance)

Kuchi
Spencer
JV

If the postseason started today, I'm going Framber, Diesel, Kuchi. The question is who the 4th starter is. JV is not that person, so you go with either Arrighetti or Blanco.

Up to me, I'm going with Blanco as a 4th starter with JV and Arrighetti in the wings to come in if things don't go well.
_veeyah_
AG
Wabs said:

FrioAg 00 said:

1Fram
2Hunter

(Large distance)

Kuchi
Spencer
JV

If the postseason started today, I'm going Framber, Diesel, Kuchi. The question is who the 4th starter is. JV is not that person, so you go with either Arrighetti or Blanco.

Up to me, I'm going with Blanco as a 4th starter with JV and Arrighetti in the wings to come in if things don't go well.
Do you all really think that JV will come in as a reliever? They briefly mentioned it yesterday and some commentators said that he wouldn't. It be very interesting to see what happens with him these next couple of weeks and into the playoffs.
tjack16
AG
From what I heard we are getting new city connects next year… which is a bummer because I like ours now.

Hoping next years ones are an HTown theme and still our colors. I wouldn't be shocked if they follow the Texans and rockets with a "HTown blue" and red look
EastCoastAgNc
AG
FrioAg 00
AG
More like his parents had the sense of humor
Marvin
AG
_veeyah_ said:

Wabs said:

FrioAg 00 said:

1Fram
2Hunter

(Large distance)

Kuchi
Spencer
JV

Do you all really think that JV will come in as a reliever? They briefly mentioned it yesterday and some commentators said that he wouldn't. It be very interesting to see what happens with him these next couple of weeks and into the playoffs.

I'll go with zero chance. None, nada. Maybe in G6 or G7 of the WS after starting an earlier game, but that is the only scenario I see him doing it.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
_veeyah_ said:

Wabs said:

FrioAg 00 said:

1Fram
2Hunter

(Large distance)

Kuchi
Spencer
JV

JV's ego won't allow him to be a reliever. Besides, I wouldn't trust him to be a reliever anyway. He's either starting or not on the roster. I'm afraid if he doesn't make the postseason roster, he'll pull an Aroldis and go home.
Wabs
AG
I'm sure JV does NOT want to come out of the bullpen. But man, he has looked like total **** lately. I suppose you could have him as the 4th starter if he just refused to go to the BP, but I'd have Blanco ready to go very quickly if things start going off the rails.
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I can relate.
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

I'm sure JV does NOT want to come out of the bullpen. But man, he has looked like total **** lately. I suppose you could have him as the 4th starter if he just refused to go to the BP, but I'd have Blanco ready to go very quickly if things start going off the rails.
He does have a huge ego but I'm sure he knows he's not fooling anyone right now. I didn't get to watch the game (thanks DirecTV) but is his velo down? Did his off speed pitches lose some bite? I'm also curious about his spin rate and how that compares to when he's been the JV we all know.
Mr.Bond
AG
Prosperdick said:

Wabs said:

He does have a huge ego but I'm sure he knows he's not fooling anyone right now. I didn't get to watch the game (thanks DirecTV) but is his velo down? Did his off speed pitches lose some bite? I'm also curious about his spin rate and how that compares to when he's been the JV we all know.
He was hitting 98 in 2022..... his fastball sat around 94 yesterday

MAGA

TarponChaser
I asked in the cord-cutting thread but this one gets more activity so I'll ask here:

Based on what I'm seeing here in Houston I'm wondering if Fubo with the sports package is the best to get coverage for both the Aggies and Astros. YouTubeTV has anything the Aggies would be on but can't watch the Astros unless they're on ESPN or Fox

Currently the local Astros broadcast is on ATT SportsNet Southwest- what channel can I get on Fubo to watch the Astros?
Beat40
tjack16 said:

From what I heard we are getting new city connects next year… which is a bummer because I like ours now.

Hoping next years ones are an HTown theme and still our colors. I wouldn't be shocked if they follow the Texans and rockets with a "HTown blue" and red look
I don't really like a HTown theme, to be honest. Main reason is because what does that really mean? At least the space city stuff is actually recognizable. I know we are further and further apart from the Apollo missions and the "Houston, we have a problem" line, but at least it's a unique connection to the city.

I don't really want a HTown Blue, aka Luv Ya Blue. I know the Luv Ya Blue is pretty synonymous with Houston, but the Astros have always been different. The "HTown Blue" is still too close to Tennesse for me, and well, honestly, I don't really care to be associated with the Adams family in anyway.

I hope they keep the new city connect jerseys tied to space city in some way.
Beat40
Booma94 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

07ag said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Going to look into this. Thanks!
gambochaman
AG
TarponChaser said:

I asked in the cord-cutting thread but this one gets more activity so I'll ask here:

Based on what I'm seeing here in Houston I'm wondering if Fubo with the sports package is the best to get coverage for both the Aggies and Astros. YouTubeTV has anything the Aggies would be on but can't watch the Astros unless they're on ESPN or Fox

Currently the local Astros broadcast is on ATT SportsNet Southwest- what channel can I get on Fubo to watch the Astros?
fubo has the space city network which carries the astros games
tjack16
AG
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

I don't really like a HTown theme, to be honest. Main reason is because what does that really mean? At least the space city stuff is actually recognizable. I know we are further and further apart from the Apollo missions and the "Houston, we have a problem" line, but at least it's a unique connection to the city.

I don't really want a HTown Blue, aka Luv Ya Blue. I know the Luv Ya Blue is pretty synonymous with Houston, but the Astros have always been different. The "HTown Blue" is still too close to Tennesse for me, and well, honestly, I don't really care to be associated with the Adams family in anyway.

I hope they keep the new city connect jerseys tied to space city in some way.

I like the HTown stuff but would hate a light blue and red Astros uniform only because it's not our colors. But I'd imagine that's the direction they go

I'd prefer them to go off of the rainbow unis from the 70-80s and maybe just make them more modern. Or like a navy version of them
bearkatag15
AG

Encouraging for Chas. Hope he keeps it up.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
WES2006AG
AG
Fubo is the only streaming option at the moment with DirecTV not having ESPN and YouTube TV and Hulu not having Space City Home Network.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All he had to do was go to sugar land and see some real hitting coaches. He's certainly not getting that at the major league level
CFTXAG10
AG
TarponChaser said:

Whatever you decide, just keep in mind the Astros are only on SCHN for three more weeks.
Ag_07
AG
I have a theory on Chas...Chas is at his best when there is no threat to his playing time. When he has to battle for PT he struggles.

Last year when Meyers was not really in the picture and Jake was the one bouncing form SL to Houston he excelled. When Jake was given the CF nod to start this season and he had to battle for PT he choked. Then Jake disappears for paternity leave and Chas all of a sudden can hit again.

Just seems like when he's forced to go win PT he isn't capable but when he's given PT with no real threat to be overtaken he performs.
Mathguy64
AG
Chas needs to take everything to RF. Thats when he's successful. His HR in Philly was classic Chas oppo.

He's doing that more now.
Big Cat `93
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

TarponChaser said:

Whatever you decide, just keep in mind the Astros are only on SCHN for three more weeks.
And know that Fubo doesn't carry the Turner networks. Which was OK for me 2 years ago, as I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Spanish broadcast of the playoffs on MLB Network.
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

TarponChaser said:

Do you mean that the season ends in 3 weeks or that there has been an announcement that they are leaving SCHN in the future?
Mathguy64
AG
WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

TarponChaser said:

Do you mean that the season ends in 3 weeks or that there has been an announcement that they are leaving SCHN in the future?

I think it's more a case of "in three weeks we lose the local crew for a national broadcast in the playoffs"
First Page Last Page
Page 1627 of 1719

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.