***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,327,205 Views | 60524 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Farmer1906
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol, Pressly just pitched in a 12-5 game
mwm
I blame that disaster squarely on bagwell being in the booth. He's 0-2 this week.
AggieJ2002
AG
Showed back up for the comeback szn celebration, what'd I miss?
Beau Holder
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

We can't feel too bad. The O's are losing to the White Sox 8-1 in the ninth.

We've already lost the series and the O's haven't.

We've also lost two games to the White Sox.

Good news, A's are up 1-0. Bad news, they may well do to us as well what they're doing to the Mariners.
McInnis
AG
W said:

oh my, oh my...just checking in...

the Big Red Machine is back

Yeah, the Big Red Machine. Bane of my childhood Astros fandom. And now in this current 8 year stretch of the Astros golden era, still can't beat them. I expect the ghost of George Foster to show up tomorrow swinging that black bat.
CatD11Ag
AG
Hope Astros kick their asses tomorrow. Reds go on the road after tomorrow's game for road trip vs Mets / Braves / Cardinals / Twins. I bet they will be at least 10 under .500 when that road trip is done.
Twisted Helix
Beau Holder
AG
M's are pounding JP Sears. Maybe the Stros could not play like their playoff spot is already locked up tomorrow.
Mathguy64
AG
I just looked at the box score. Some dude named Suter gave up a run in a 12-5 game and recorded a save.

Dumbest stat ever.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Living up to his name
linkdude
AG
midnight news drop for the morning crowd
Honolulu Blue
$25 mil for 6 years. Alex will definitely ask for at least that, I just don't see good ROI after 3 years (if even that).
BadAggie
AG
75-64
5.0 games back of top AL seed (Orioles).
4.5 games back of Wild Card bye (Tribe).
5.5 games lead in AL West (Seamen).
4.5 games back of 1st Wild Card spot (Yankees).
Tied for 2nd Wild Card spot (Twins).
Tied for 3rd Wild Card spot (Royals).

txags92
AG
Honolulu Blue said:

$25 mil for 6 years. Alex will definitely ask for at least that, I just don't see good ROI after 3 years (if even that).

Doubts around his elbow issues should put a dent in that number. I just can't see doing a 6 year contract. Somebody probably will, hopefully not us.
tjack16
AG
23 games left for us, 22 left for Seattle

13-10 with a series win over them should be the goal
Wabs
AG
Today's game seems really big. Gotta get the train back on the track before a tough series with the D-Backs.
All I do is Nguyen
I mean baseball is gonna baseball sometimes

Ciboag96
Maybe with Bagwell and Ted Cruz in the booth at the same time, we double jinx the curses and win by 20
mwm
Arrighetti didn't do any better tonight. He just flat-out laid an egg. And the porous defense behind him sure didn't help at all. Just an ugly, ugly night.
houag78
AG
And they would have to go 18-4. I just hope we don't screw around and let them back in.
Mathguy64
AG
mwm said:

Arrighetti didn't do any better tonight. He just flat-out laid an egg. And the porous defense behind him sure didn't help at all. Just an ugly, ugly night.

So admittedly I only watched the first inning before turning it off, but this is on Pena. Arrighetti has a chance to get out with only 3 runs given, go in the dugout and settle down and maybe fix himself. He wouldn't be the first guy to to that. But once Pena butchered the third out, Spencer was a dead man walking.

Jeremy needs a day off. It's in his head right now and snowballing fast. I'm really worried about the rest of the season with him defensively.
Farmer1906
AG
linkdude said:

midnight news drop for the morning crowd

This feels like a mistake. Chappy might be worth 25 M next year and the year after, but probably not for years 3 thru 6.

In the end, Boras didn't cost him money. I still think he mismanaged it tho. If Chappy hit the market, I don't think he gets that from anyone else.
Mathguy64
AG
Do you see anyone paying Bregman 150/6?
Farmer1906
AG
No, but I didn't see Chappy getting that so it shows what I know. Bregman's injury might throw a wrench into his free agency. Maybe we can get him to come back on a deal with a 1 year opt out so he can show the league his elbow is fine. Something similar to what Bellinger and Chapman signed last year.
Mathguy64
AG
Yeah. I don't see it either. It feels like the market is tightening up. Partly teams realizing that players are aging quickly and partly the media money uncertainly.
bearkatag15
AG

Whitley looked good. Weird to immediately send him back down for a nobody.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
MosesHallRAB04
AG
He threw multiple last night right? Need a fresh arm

Little surprised chas stayed up. That's a crap ton of OF
gambochaman
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Whitley looked good. Weird to immediately send him back down for a nobody.
yeah definitely weird
AustinCountyAg
Farmer1906 said:

No, but I didn't see Chappy getting that so it shows what I know. Bregman's injury might throw a wrench into his free agency. Maybe we can get him to come back on a deal with a 1 year opt out so he can show the league his elbow is fine. Something similar to what Bellinger and Chapman signed last year.
I think there is a zero percent chance Bregman would sign a 1 year deal with anyone.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
He said a 1 year opt out. Not a straight 1 year deal
Farmer1906
AG
Yup. More like a 3-4 year deal with less money than Bregman wants. If he stays iffy the rest of the year and into the postseason with elbow swelling, other teams are going to be hesitant. He will also have a draft pick linked to him which will lower his value a little.
Ag_07
AG
I really want to know how capable Alex can be at 1B.

Because I wouldn't pay him $151/6 to play 3B but if he can make that transition that would solve a lot of problems.

Stros have a serious gapping hole there and no one we've thrown out there is a solution.
3B Paul 97
AG
I think the Stros score 10+ today with 3+ HRs.

As for Bregman: 3 years with mutual 4th year option for $23-26 per year. Will need to see how that elbow feels.

Maybe he can move to first once Matthews is ready.

Can Melton play first?
W
AG
the Giants just committed to Chapman thru his age 37 season?

yep, all it takes is one
Mathguy64
AG
W said:

the Giants just committed to Chapman thru his age 37 season?

yep, all it takes is one

Yep. A giants team not in the playoff hunt.
First Page Last Page
Page 1599 of 1730

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.