***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,303,733 Views | 60475 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Mathguy64
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Winner.

Winner.

Arrighetti dinner.
Frok
AG
Bi-polar Astros. Last week we suck, today we're back baby!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
There's something about playing big name teams that gets the best out of some players. Spencer absolutely shoved it up their *** all day long.
Beau Holder
AG
Get ready for next week.
Booma94
AG
This run goes to show that individual games that fans over-value don't really mean much. 2 weeks ago, Astros came back in thrilling fashion agains the Dodgers, and everyone said it was a momentum builder- they went on to lose the next 2 home series to the Pirates and Rays.

The following week they lose a soul-crusher to the Rangers, and everyone said the team might not recover from such a tough loss. They follow that up with 4 straight game wins and 2 road series wins.

So, while individual thrilling and hear-breaking games might be a big deal to us as fans, the reality is they are not really an indicator of momentum in a 162 game season.
Mathguy64
AG
I go away to Alaska for 10 days and I come back to see we have gone from imploding to exploding.

So all in all a typical 10 days for this team.
tjack16
AG
Series dub

iBrad
AG
These series wins give us hope of winning 5 of 6 from TB and CWS, and then we'll proceed to go 3-3 and not gain any ground in the standings.
W
AG
what a great win today
fullback44
AG
Nice win… I was working on the RV during the game, wish I could have watched. Yordon was on fire I see.

Break out thr brooms tmrw
JB!98
AG
Hello. that is two.

Quo Vadis?
We going 33-12 the rest of the season to finish at 95 W's
Faustus
4 HRs (and 10 hits) for just 5 runs felt a little frustrating, but then again it was 4 HRs and a great win. SA pitched like a future stalwart, and it worked out perfectly that Abreu had sufficient cushion that when he finally gave up some ERs post all-star break it didn't cost us.

I don't know if he'll catch him, but Breggy is within hailing distance of Altuve in OPS (.741 vs. .793). I'm happy for him he's pulled his season out of the dumpster for his contract year.
halfastros81
AG
Astros are 2-0 in my visits to Fenway. Altuve cycle game and today. Today a little tighter. Rs Fans were real nice last yr. Not quite the same experience today altho it was just one drunk guy.

He was screaming about the Astros being cheaters. I screamed back to him that the mastermind of the whole sign stealing scheme was none other than the Bosox manager, one Alex Cora. He spent the next ten mins looking it up on his phone and he shut up after that.
All I do is Nguyen
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Spaghetti and Denzenzo both having career days has to have put the front office from 6 to midnight. Obviously it's wayyyy too early, but lots of cap space, aka Tuck dollars, gets freed up every time these guys decide they're for real big leaguers.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Twisted Helix
Harry Dunne said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

I'm starting to get pissed off with Hader. Fix your ****, dude. You're making a fortune to walk a tight rope every appearance.
Haders gon hate

I really have no idea what your point is but that's a pretty cool pic.
halfastros81
AG
We're out of the hitting slump imo. Still need King Tucks fully operational bat to make a serious run tho
All I do is Nguyen
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JV went 3 innings, 52 pitches, 2 hits, 1 earned run, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts
Hornbeck
AG
halfastros81 said:

Astros are 2-0 in my visits to Fenway. Altuve cycle game and today. Today a little tighter. Rs Fans were real nice last yr. Not quite the same experience today altho it was just one drunk guy.

He was screaming about the Astros being cheaters. I screamed back to him that the mastermind of the whole sign stealing scheme was none other than the Bosox manager, one Alex Cora. He spent the next ten mins looking it up on his phone and he shut up after that.

Bless you!
B-Rabbit
AG
Seattle up early.
Prosperdick
AG
Just touched down in H town and saw we won, nice! Now a damn delay on my flight to DFW but a nice series win!

AggiEE
Booma94 said:

This run goes to show that individual games that fans over-value don't really mean much. 2 weeks ago, Astros came back in thrilling fashion agains the Dodgers, and everyone said it was a momentum builder- they went on to lose the next 2 home series to the Pirates and Rays.

The following week they lose a soul-crusher to the Rangers, and everyone said the team might not recover from such a tough loss. They follow that up with 4 straight game wins and 2 road series wins.

So, while individual thrilling and hear-breaking games might be a big deal to us as fans, the reality is they are not really an indicator of momentum in a 162 game season.

They may actually matter a whole lot. It's not like we have a commanding lead. Sure, the season isn't over at the time any of those losses occur, but looking back at all the ones you could have won if we don't make the playoffs?
linkdude
AG
It do Bielak that sometimes.
Harry Dunne
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Spaghetti and Denzenzo both having career days has to have put the front office from 6 to midnight. Obviously it's wayyyy too early, but lots of cap space, aka Tuck dollars, gets freed up every time these guys decide they're for real big leaguers.
Every time they say our farm system is depleted, we call up a couple of studs.
spadilly
S
EastCoastAgNc said:

JV went 3 innings, 52 pitches, 2 hits, 1 earned run, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts

He looked good for the first rehab start. He let out a loud F-bomb when he gave up a long line drive off the left field wall. Classic JV.

W
AG
did the Mets phone it in this weekend?
linkdude
AG
Their offense was in overdrive for awhile so hitting the Mariners staff leads to some regression I would think. It's only 3-0 but hopefully they can scratch one out tomorrow
Marvin
AG
W said:

Not one stinking run so far. No help at all.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin said:

W said:

Not one stinking run so far. No help at all.

And yet by beating Boston like we are now we are helping them out in the wild card race.
Faustus
Harry Dunne said:

Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Every time they say our farm system is depleted, we call up a couple of studs.
I'd say we call up players who turn out to be unexpectedly decent to average MLB players as far as those that came up in the last 3-4 years and play the most. Our last wave of "studs" were Alvarez and Tucker (and Framber if you put him with them) who have either signed a FA contract or are on the last vestiges of team control.

For every day players only Tucker and Alvarez have an OPS over .800 which you'd like to see for stud status with the bat. Yainer could improve to be amongst the best at his position, but it's more likely he sees a Pena regression.
texasaggie2015
AG
Quote:

Yainer could improve to be amongst the best at his position, but it's more likely he sees a Pena regression.

Whoa, strong disagree here. Yainer is very good.
Farmer1906
AG
What is a Pena regression? He's been about the same all 3 seasons. He had a hot steak in the 2022 postseason.

We've called up a few other very good players in the last few years. Abreu, Javier, & Chas before 2024.

Yainer is only 25 has racked up 800+ PA with a 121 wRC+ the last 2 seasons. Seems pretty legit to me.
First Page Last Page
Page 1351 of 1728

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.