***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,327,498 Views | 60525 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by The Porkchop Express
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark me down as being jealous.
superaggie73
AG
Farmer1906 said:

superaggie73 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

So he's definitely being traded in the offseason, right? No way they can be unhappy with his lack of effort in recovery and still keep him, right?

We trying to win in 2025 or nah?

Is Tucker trying to help us win this year or nah?

And I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but dude is showing he doesn't care to win or do what it takes to win. If that's the case, you trade him for a ransom, restock the system, help your team get better, and put his money into someone more reliable.
cc10106
I'm not sure there is a time table, and maybe Dana got ahead of himself. I don't think speculation should lead to turning on Kyle already. That said, he did have to settle for less salary this year than was predicted.
texasaggie2015
AG
Wait. People are being serious when they think he just doesn't want to play?
Ag_07
AG
I get the sense they think he should be pushing himself more in rehab.

Not really that he doesn't want to play.

Those are two different things. Like maybe he doesn't trust his leg but trainers are telling him it's good to go for more activity. Like a subconscious thing.
txags92
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Wait. People are being serious when they think he just doesn't want to play?
I think they are trying to interpret what Dana and Espada are meaning when they are saying things like "We want him doing X" and "We need him to do X". It comes across like they think he should be doing more and for some inexplicable reason he isn't. I don't really think that is what they are saying, but I can see how it could be interpreted that way.
davidthomps18
Remind me again why we called up Leon???
Farmer1906
AG
cc10106 said:

I'm not sure there is a time table, and maybe Dana got ahead of himself. I don't think speculation should lead to turning on Kyle already. That said, he did have to settle for less salary this year than was predicted.

He agreed with the team and avoided going to arbitration.
superaggie73
AG
I have a buddy who knows some people in the organization and, according to them, management/team is frustrated with the "disagreement in recovery and rehab schedules" between Tucker and his agent vs the team and doctors. Basically, for some reason, Tucker and his agent are really slow playing this.
Honolulu Blue
I'm not upset with Tucker. I'm more disappointed in the goal post shifting from general management. Also, if the front office wants him to cut more/push the limits, then lay out the rehab plan.

I've never seen a team with so many players have rehab set backs. 15 day IL has a 50/50 chance of season ending IL. Just bad PR at a minimum
John 6 22:59 The Bread of Life Discourse
cc10106
Probably because he lost in arbitration the previous year. Regardless, it showed Kyle was willing to take less for the team's benefit.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
txags92
AG
davidthomps18 said:

Remind me again why we called up Leon???
Somebody has to hold the bench down to keep it from flying away, and they already DFA'ed Hensley and traded away Loperfido. It is Leon's turn now.
txags92
AG
superaggie73 said:

I have a buddy who knows some people in the organization and, according to them, management/team is frustrated with the "disagreement in recovery and rehab schedules" between Tucker and his agent vs the team and doctors. Basically, for some reason, Tucker and his agent are really slow playing this.
Trying to get hm under contract for a longer-term deal before he pushes too hard and risks a worse injury? Seems like bargaining from a position of weakness honestly if that is really what is going on, but agents have talked players into dumber moves before...
cc10106
It's certainly been maddening at times. Didn't mean to direct the part about turning on Kyle part at you. I just know how certain narratives *grow with Astros fans the last couple years.
Marvin
AG
superaggie73 said:

Beats me, but the extended recovery tends to give this at least a bit of credence. Of course, it could also just be perception since the front office lies about every single injury. Maybe it really is taking three months but Dana didn't want to give anyone a so-called competitive advance by announcing that… thereby exposing the player to rumor and criticism.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
davidthomps18
EastCoastAgNc said:

Dezenzo over the monster tonight for his first big-league jack?
linkdude
AG
Given the meme status of Tucker being a lollygagger, it's not a stretch to say there's a bit of bias against him, as far as his commitment to the speed of his recovery. Since we have no idea as to the actual state of his rehab, what can you do but speculate?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
Pregame ballpark tour with the Monster seats + field access. Well worth it

linkdude
AG
Saturday's starter for Boston is out.
CFTXAG10
AG
Made it to Fenway. It's beautiful!
Ag_07
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup??
jetch17
AG
Badass Fenway folk
CFTXAG10
AG
Damn. Missed Tjack.
jkag89
davidthomps18 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Dezenzo over the monster tonight for his first big-league jack?
Big John hits a monster shot that would be easily foul in most parks but hooks around the Pesky's Pole.
Big Bucks
AG
I go back to my comment earlier this week. If this was his contract year, would it take this long for him to amp up rehab and get back? I think it is a fair question.
tjack16
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Damn. Missed Tjack.

Where you sitting tonight? We are behind the bullpens
linkdude
AG
JUCO draftee starting out strong.
tjack16
AG
Blanco it is
CFTXAG10
AG
tjack16 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Damn. Missed Tjack.

Where you sitting tonight? We are behind the bullpens

Grandstand 20 behind home plate under cover
txags92
AG
Unpopular opinion alert. I know Fenway is a shrine and everybody should take in a game there at least once. But...we went a few years ago, had tickets down the 3rd base line bottom level and they were the tiniest seats I have ever sat in at any ballpark. And the distance from the seat to the seatbacks in front of you is probably great if you have Altuve's legs, but they are not made to fit modern normal sized adults. Before all the fatty jokes come in, when we were there for a game, I was 6' even and about 205 lbs. It didn't help that they were in the middle of a heat wave at the time, but in terms of actually watching a game, it was one of the most miserable nights I have had watching a game in person.
Hornbeck
AG
Gotta eat the crappy chowder at Fenway. You gotta.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
txags92 said:

Unpopular opinion alert. I know Fenway is a shrine and everybody should take in a game there at least once. But...we went a few years ago, had tickets down the 3rd base line bottom level and they were the tiniest seats I have ever sat in at any ballpark. And the distance from the seat to the seatbacks in front of you is probably great if you have Altuve's legs, but they are not made to fit modern normal sized adults. Before all the fatty jokes come in, when we were there for a game, I was 6' even and about 205 lbs. It didn't help that they were in the middle of a heat wave at the time, but in terms of actually watching a game, it was one of the most miserable nights I have had watching a game in person.

Well, Fenway was built back before every city in America was named Obesity.

Same as the them parks in Japan and Honk Kong. Roller coaster seats are smaller
txags92
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

txags92 said:

Well, Fenway was built back before every city in America was named Obesity.

Same as the them parks in Japan and Honk Kong. Roller coaster seats are smaller
Yeah, I know back then the average adult was probably built about like Altuve, but every other park in the country has done at least some upgrades. You would think they would make an effort to keep up to some degree.
First Page Last Page
Page 1333 of 1730

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.