***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,273,901 Views | 60153 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Wabs
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16
AG
One of these tweets about a trade will eventually involve the Astros… hopefully
Farmer1906
AG
Damn

MaxPower
MosesHallRAB04 said:

MaxPower said:

With all this Gleyber Torres noise, could he be a potential target for 1B? Been pretty good against lefties the last couple seasons.

The noise is that he wants to play 2B.
I get it but is he really just pissed the Yanks replaced him so he's trying to flex?
Farmer1906
AG

tjack16
AG
GIVE ME FLAHERTY
BadAggie
AG
Make it happen capn
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
This is setting to be the most underwhelming trade deadline in the run of this dynasty. Wow
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
Dodgers, Royals, Cards, & Red Sox have all added SP. Hopefully, that helps soften up the market for the rest.
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

This is setting to be the most underwhelming trade deadline in the run of this dynasty. Wow

Tell that to 2017.
bearkatag15
AG
I doubt Tallion pitches tonight. I'm sure whoever wants to get him would prefer him to be fresh
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Annual reminder that the Grienke deal didn't come out until 30 mins AFTER the deadline.

Farmer1906
AG
BadAggie
AG
Would Leon be regarded as a quality prospect?
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
No this isn't, right? What a weak return for Chicago.

Ag_07
AG
I'm telling you guys...No one wants to trade with the Astros so they jack the price WAY up for us then give away players to other teams when we tell them to go pound sand. Especially the Dodgers and Yankees.

Explains how those teams make multiple trades every season yet still have stocked farms.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Somehow the dodgers never pay full price
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07
AG
It's insanely infuriating
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

I'm telling you guys...No one wants to trade with the Astros so they jack the price WAY up for us then give away players to other teams when we tell them to go pound sand. Especially the Dodgers and Yankees.

Explains how those teams make multiple trades every season yet still have stocked farms.
You know what? F'em.

Astros will get Verlander, Garcia, and Tucker back and make all those jealous idiots cry again.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
teams go bonkers over the Dodgers' prospects every year
bearkatag15
AG

The Cardinals added 2 players without dealing a prospect. Take notes Dana.
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Tell that to 2017.
texasaggie2015
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't think this has anything to do with it at all honestly.

The truth is, there's still about 24 hours left so lots can change between now and then. But Houston has a pretty thin farm system. It's not easy to find a match sometimes. These teams have very specific things they look for in prospects.

I've also been told before that having a guy like Dana Brown can help you tremendously, but it can make trading difficult. Some teams are a little gun-shy when it comes to trading with teams like Tampa, Baltimore, etc because they have such strong player development departments. It always feels like they know something you don't. Maybe this has something to do with it, maybe it doesn't.

But really most of it is just our thin farm system. Lack of first and second round picks after the scandal really killed us.
bearkatag15
AG

Ag_07
AG
C'mon man just let wear my tin foil hat for a while.

But yeah it just always seems like Dodgers and Yankees always seem to make big trade after big trade after big trade and their farm system never seems to get depleted.
The Beef01
AG
Ag_07 said:

C'mon man just let wear my tin foil hat for a while.

But yeah it just always seems like Dodgers and Yankees always seem to make big trade after big trade after big trade and their farm system never seems to get depleted.
Well, tin hat away....the fact that we're suffering from the "scandal" and the draft pick hits we took there while the Yankees/Dodgers got to act like victims and not some of the leading offenders is conspiracy s*** beyond the pale.
BadAggie
AG
JV and Tucker returning addresses the main issues.

If you are confident in JV returning then I think you can handle Arrighetti as 5th starter.

Still would be very nice to get a Flaherty via trade.

Real issue is if Tucker is unlikely to return. Then you prioritize a bat over Flaherty, for example.

I mean tbh if Tucker won't be back this season not sure how far this team will make it

Faustus
BadAggie said:

JV and Tucker returning addresses the main issues.

If you are confident in JV returning then I think you can handle Arrighetti as 5th starter.

Still would be very nice to get a Flaherty via trade.

Real issue is if Tucker is unlikely to return. Then you prioritize a bat over Flaherty, for example.

I mean tbh if Tucker won't be back this season not sure how far this team will make it

On the bright side we should have some arbitration relief for his pay bump next year.

Then again Tucker still has the highest bWAR on the team by a considerable amount despite having missed two months (3.6 vs. Blanco's 3.1 and Altuve's 3.0).

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2024.shtml

fWar is closer (Tucker 3.2 vs. Altuve's 3.0).

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/war?lg=&teamid=21

EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1198 of 1719

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.