***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,279,567 Views | 60224 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by txags92
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I'm guessing he won't be in the lineup tomorrow. Might be available to pinch hit.
texasaggie2015
AG
Erick Fedde is a name to watch over the next few weeks. Kevin Gausman as well but I think I've mentioned him before.

They're also serious about adding a bat. I've had Yandy Diaz mentioned to me as well as Isaac Paredes. Brent Rooker is another.
redline248
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

We'll be lucky to have him back by October
All I do is Nguyen
linkdude
AG
I like those bats...wonder where the talks start on the other teams' end
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I'd be game with Rooker
All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Erick Fedde is a name to watch over the next few weeks. Kevin Gausman as well but I think I've mentioned him before.

They're also serious about adding a bat. I've had Yandy Diaz mentioned to me as well as Isaac Paredes. Brent Rooker is another.

Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

- I saw someone mention moving Chas/Meyers. I've been told since last year that it's a possibility if it means improving another area of the roster. There's a handful of clubs that think Jake would benefit greatly from a change of scenery. I'm not saying it will happen or will probably happen- but something to keep an eye on.
I can picture it now.

Astros acquire Yandy Diaz for Jake Meyers, AJ Blubaugh, & Kenedy Corona.

From April.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Paredes would have to be REALLY expensive given his control, but that would be a fascinating acquisition for a 1B now and 3B later.
tylhair
AG
Kevin Gausman has had some struggles, but he's one of my favorite players to watch pitch when he is on. The Splitter is nasty.

Any SP would be welcome for depth but Gausman could be a playoff difference maker.

Yandy, Parades, and Rooker would be cool but definitely not as exciting or needle-moving as Vlad.
tylhair
AG

texasaggie2015
AG
Another thing to keep in mind as we approach trade season: Dana Brown is elite at evaluating and scouting prospects. There's some guys that might hurt to let go, and some may be really surprised by who gets moved, but he knows who should and shouldn't be untouchable. I trust him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tylhair said:

Kevin Gausman has had some struggles, but he's one of my favorite players to watch pitch when he is on. The Splitter is nasty.

Any SP would be welcome for depth but Gausman could be a playoff difference maker.

Yandy, Parades, and Rooker would be cool but definitely not as exciting or needle-moving as Vlad.

For all his offensive highlights, Vlad has his boneheaded moments too. He had a few defensive blunders when we played them. Also remember he got picked off second with the bases loaded and two outs in the wild card series last year. I'm not saying he's not valuable, but he's not necessarily a savior that you go all out for over other options.
Mr.Bond
AG
Feels like this is the year Pedro Leon gets moved
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Faustus
heavens11 said:

As awesome as Jose is (and his trajectory is Hall of Famer), it's remarkable how ridiculous his approach is at the plate at times

You should see how he treats the other bases.

Sweet win.
BadAggie
AG
[That gif was over the line. -Staff]
The Porkchop Express
AG
Super fun game to go to, celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary.

Marlins are ... not good. Like you wonder how they're not losing every game 9-1.

Told my wife during the starting lineups I only knew who 2 of their players were, and up until the game, I thought one of them was on a different team.

Relaxed Framber was a treat. Guperfido's homer I thought was a pop up and his triple made me really jealous of people who can run fast.

After her second marg, my wife reacted to a foul ball over the screen by yelling "OH ****, LOOK OUT!" It was caught by a kid about 90 feet away.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
MaxPower
My son asked me who my favorite pitcher was. I told him Framber when he's right because you don't see the combo of a lefty who can get a ton of ground balls and k's. He then asked me who my least favorite was and I told him meltdown Framber….
Prosperdick
AG
Rangerettes lost last night, good job Halos!

We're now 4.5 ahead of them and still 2 games back of the Seamen. If the Halos can continue to win today and we get the sweep we'll be a single game back of Seattle and 5 ahead of Arlington with a chance to really bury them this weekend and turn them into sellers.

LFG!!!!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248
AG
What are the highlights/backgrounds for these 2?
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

So great, especially the Gloria Estefan at the end.
Buck Compton
AG
Prosperdick said:

We're now 4.5 ahead of them and still 2 games back of the Seamen. If the Halos can continue to win today and we get the sweep we'll be a single game back of Seattle and 5 ahead of Arlington with a chance to really bury them this weekend and turn them into sellers.

LFG!!!!
If you read the other thread, apparently the Astros can only make the playoffs if the Rangers start slacking off
MaxPower
Is slacking off code for cycling off roids because they know the drug tests are coming?
The Porkchop Express
AG
MaxPower said:

My son asked me who my favorite pitcher was. I told him Framber when he's right because you don't see the combo of a lefty who can get a ton of ground balls and k's. He then asked me who my least favorite was and I told him meltdown Framber….
I was telling my wife about him and realized how insane my explanation was: "When he's on, he's fantastic, and can pitch a no-hitter. But if someone hits the ball to him, he'll probably make a really dumb play and then he'll have a meltdown."

Sounds like he's 5.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Beau Holder
AG
Buck Compton said:

Prosperdick said:

LFG!!!!
If you read the other thread

Nah.
redline248
AG
July check in. Chas had a decent June, but is back to sucking. Dubon is suddenly striking out a ton.

All I do is Nguyen
Buck Compton said:

Prosperdick said:

LFG!!!!
If you read the other thread, apparently the Astros can only make the playoffs if the Rangers start slacking off
I try not to subject myself to mental illness if I can help it.
BadAggie
AG
BadAggie said:

Farmer1906
AG
Super Mario Loperfido sitting pretty at 4th in the AL for rookies on offense. I had to lower the min to 80 PA to snag him. He's been a plus on offense, defense, and on the basepaths. His WAR should be solid once he gets more time up. However, there is zero chance he will keep up this production with his current K & BB rate plus his batted ball data. He's got time to improve on them tho. Small sample.

Mr.Bond
AG
BadAggie said:

BadAggie said:

Man I missed it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr.Bond said:

BadAggie said:

BadAggie said:

Man I missed it

Just a woman juggling her sandbags
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Mr.Bond said:

BadAggie said:

BadAggie said:

Man I missed it

Just a woman juggling her sandbags

All bits were covered.

Mr.Bond
AG
Rangers fans

MAGA

First Page Last Page
Page 1063 of 1721

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.