***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,197,963 Views | 58862 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by bearkatag15
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Beau Holder said:

How anyone is blaming anything right now other than the braindead, nutless offense that packed up and went home for the day after the second inning is beyond me.

They were going to lose this game whether it was now or in extras because they weren't scoring again.

They deserve it, but how about the $20m per year closer giving up daily dongs

I'm glad he saved me some time. He gets through that 9th and the bats would strand the ghost runner right where he started and get walked off in 10. Or make Hader throw 30 pitches across two innings and get walked off in the 11th with Kaleb Ort or someone on the mound.

There was no winning this game after watching three 1-2-3 innings happen on 22 pitches and stranding two leadoff baserunners where they stood in the 8th and 9th and sacrificing the DH for nothing. It wasn't happening. Worthless approach.
agdoc2001
AG
HRader.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beat40
_veeyah_ said:

You can sum up the first couple of months of the season in this 3 game series. The whole team was dead today. Bats, defense and of course our amazing closer.

The other team literally locked our the leadoff hitter for the second game of the series and the hottest hitter going into todays game yesterday by beaning them. Absolutely chicken **** thing to do by the Twins.

This offense struggles without Tucker, but take other best two hitters away and it's an absolute likely outcome this offense fails to score a lot of runs.

And they still barely won the series.
Boiling Denim
Beau Holder said:

How anyone is blaming anything right now other than the braindead, nutless offense that packed up and went home for the day after the second inning is beyond me.

They were going to lose this game whether it was now or in extras because they weren't scoring again.

It's tough for a depleted offense when you have to face guys like Jax and Duran instead of Hader. He can cure castrations
Mr President Elect
AG
Don't worry guys, Hader is still 15/16 in apparently the only stat that matters for a closer
Beau Holder
AG
How about the rookie Woods Richardson on something like 48 pitches after 2.0? Facing him doesn't seem so bad. Except they took him gently by the hand and walked him alongside them to four more scoreless innings somehow.

Staumont needed nine pitches.

Jax could've been scored on without even another hit after the leadoff double. No one could even muster a ball to the right side or the outfield.

They lost this game early on and all along the way. I feel like one has to have not watched that game to think their problem was being depleted rather than obviously walking to the plate without giving a **** or having any plan beyond hack as soon as possible.
cc10106
6-4 road trip including 2 series wins. I'll take it.

Rest up and finish strong by handling biz at home this week before the break.
Silent For Too Long
The Hader Haters are circle jerking each other hard today.

It's like ya'll thrilled we lost just so you could come running to texags and piss all over our closer.
Chef Elko
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

It's like ya'll thrilled we lost just so you could come running to texags and piss all over our closer.

He hasn't been worth $95MM and no one run lead is ever safe, most would agree with that.
Boiling Denim
I didn't realize Vazquez drove in all 3 of their runs today. That's pretty funny actually

I guess he finally got his revenge for choosing Moldy over him
Beau Holder
AG
Jays just turned a leadoff double into a run off Kirby with a bunt and a sac fly. Did someone tell them that's illegal?
Silent For Too Long
Mr President Elect said:

Don't worry guys, Hader is still 15/16 in apparently the only stat that matters for a closer

He's in the top 88% in xEra, 93% xBA, 99% whiff, 99% K%.

But he sucks. Because just like every other pitcher in the history of baseball sometimes he gives up home runs #texagshottakes
W
AG
it's been a long road trip

time to get back home

rest tomorrow

the Marlins are terra-bad
Silent For Too Long
How many 1 run leads has Hader blown this year?
Mr President Elect
AG
I'm not a Hader Hater, I would just like to feel confident when our closer comes in the game, right now I don't. I would love for him to right the ship. I just don't want to be gaslit with y'all telling me he's great, when my eyes are telling me otherwise.
_veeyah_
AG

you can say the same thing about the Hader Defenders too. lol I don't mind Hader I still think he's one of the best in the league. I'm still with we should've used that $95 mil on more than 1 bullpen arm. But oh well can't do anything about it now.

This series was so weird from the 9th inning in the 1st game, to all those soft hits the twins had, to Salazar dropping the ball and Hader giving up another HR. We better finish this next home stand with at least 4-2, 5-1 even better.
tjack16
AG
6-4 road trip

Not bad overall. Now let's get a sweep over the marlins and a series win over Texas.
linkdude
AG
Lost in the mess is another tie breaker lost. Needed a split to possibly be ahead. Hopefully we can stay out of the WC nonsense.
Faustus
W said:

. . .
the Marlins are terra-bad

Definitely out of their element this year.
Beau Holder
AG
linkdude said:

Lost in the mess is another tie breaker lost. Needed a split to possibly be ahead. Hopefully we can stay out of the WC nonsense.

Speaking of which, now 4-1 Mariners over Toronto so we're well on our way to 3 GB.
W
AG
the Marlins are dead last in OPS and home runs

29th in runs scored
All I do is Nguyen
Why do I feel like this is real?

EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Astros might not have anybody there. Altuve made it sound like he wasn't gonna go, and yordan has the knee problem
BCEDAg
AG
Summation of todays loss -
1.) Salazar screws up easy out at home to allow tying run to score.
2.) Loperfido hits lead off double in eighth inning. Future HOF Altuve doesn't try a bunt and strikes out. Peña hits fly out that would have scored Joey easily if sac bunt had been executed by Altuve.
3.) Vasquez hits homer off of Hader to win the game. Would not have mattered if #1 and # 2 above had been executed properly.

Hader sucks; McCormick is toast and guys seemed to be ready to get on plane home before Beryl hits.
BCEDAg
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Astros might not have anybody there. Altuve made it sound like he wasn't gonna go, and yordan has the knee problem

There's always last minute subsfor ASG. Bet Ronel eventually gets added.
Marvin
AG

Silly comment. You don't really believe a single Astros fan would rather the Astros get walked off just to gripe about something. There are plenty of targets without adding that abortion to the mix. Hitting, pitch selection, Salazar's glove, Twins luck, injuries… all from just this game.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Beau Holder
AG
You forgot five- and eight-pitch fifth and sixths to graciously let the Twins set up their 7-8-9 bullpen arms.
linkdude
AG
Springer just tied the game with a 3 run shot the opposite way!! 4-4 in the 7th
Beau Holder
AG
linkdude said:

Springer just tied the game with a 3 run shot the opposite way!! 4-4 in the 7th

Thank you George
FrioAg 00
AG
And thank you to our secret weapon, Ryan Stanek for giving him one to hit
Mathguy64
AG
There is 0 chance Ronel makes the ASG. You don't get suspended for sticky stuff and make an ASG. No matter how BS rhe suspension was.
FrioAg 00
AG
And Ryan gives up a single and a walk to make things interesting yet again
BCEDAg
AG
Beau Holder said:

You forgot five- and eight-pitch fifth and sixths to graciously let the Twins set up their 7-8-9 bullpen arms.

Oh sorry I forgot to mention that. Thanks for reminding me. Sarcasm
First Page Last Page
Page 1048 of 1682

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.