***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,848,028 Views | 67310 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by cone
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

If tomorrow was game 7 of the WS and you could pick any healthy Astro, who would you pick?
To take the mound?

Are we considering who is on short rest or is this just in a vacuum as if all were rested?

Yes, in a vacuum. Am I completely crazy to say HB. Because I might.
Beau Holder
AG
I'd say Ronel but Hunter may well be option 2.
JPN06
Aggie Therapist said:

A little luck on Pride Night!

I kept asking what LGBTQ night was but I couldn't get a straight answer.
agproducer
AG
The world is healing itself.
All I do is Nguyen
Weak competition or not Hunter has been on a tear

Serviam
Brown's xERA is down to 3.44, top 33% of the league
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

If tomorrow was game 7 of the WS and you could pick any healthy Astro, who would you pick?
To take the mound?

Are we considering who is on short rest or is this just in a vacuum as if all were rested?

Yes, in a vacuum. Am I completely crazy to say HB. Because I might.

This roster. Completely healthy. LMJ. Come fight me.
linkdude
AG
The 24 straight curveballs legend will live forever
Mathguy64
AG
linkdude said:

The 24 straight curveballs legend will live forever

You just know McCann was sitting back there laughing and going all Crash Davis, telling the Yankees what was coming. "Yeah dude. I'm not even putting fingers down. It's gonna be a curve. You know it. I know it. Everyone on TV knows it. And you still can't hit it."
EastCoastAgNc
AG
vbl
cc10106
5 runs scored and another W, almost like clockwork.

Hunter credited Alex's input when asked after the game about his turnaround and bringing back the sinker. Veteran leadership.
FrioAg 00
AG
If today were the post season and Astros were in it., and let's assume for a moment that JV is healthy by then, what's your playoff rotation/order?

Blanco, JV, Hunter, Framber ?
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Most amazing part of that graphic may be the 1-4 football line with the Cowboys and the 5-9 line with the Texans.

I'm sure Cowboys fans everywhere would be catatonic if they saw that.
BadAggie
AG
The 39-40 Astros have managed to make a Wednesday game vs the Rockies with a 1:10 start as exciting as possible.
Hornbeck
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Most amazing part of that graphic may be the 1-4 football line with the Cowboys and the 5-9 line with the Texans.

Some of us are Cowboys fans. I was in college when the Oilers left, and I wasn't going to cheer for a team in Memphis. The Texans would arrive a couple years later, and I had a team. If Fertita gets an NHL team in Houston, you can bet that's my team. I had Aeros season tix many moons ago.

I live a tortured existence… the Oilers didn't need a new coach, they needed a new owner. Likewise, the Cowboys have a senile GM / owner…. They need a new owner. Now you know…. The rest of the story. Good Day!
Post removed:
by user
The Porkchop Express
AG
Altuve up to 210th all time in hits. Passed Placido Polanco, Tommy Leach, Ken Boyer, and Ken Griffey Sr. tonight.

Also to 165th in steals with #303.
tjack16
AG
#RaceTo.500
AggieMD95
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Weak competition or not Hunter has been on a tear

Stud
All I do is Nguyen
SO assuming everyone is healthy (LMC and LuAce not withstanding) after the ASG does Espada change the rotation? I'd like to see Blanco, JV, Brown, Framber then BP day until reinforcements arrive.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Can't have 4 starters and BP day. If a starter is bad you're hosed. Will have to spot stat guys.
Booma94
AG
Serviam said:

Brown's xERA is down to 3.44, top 33% of the league
How in the hell does Josh Miller still have a job? The guy should have been fired in April.
Booma94
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

SO assuming everyone is healthy (LMC and LuAce not withstanding) after the ASG does Espada change the rotation? I'd like to see Blanco, JV, Brown, Framber then BP day until reinforcements arrive.
I think you have to keep Arrighetti in as the 5th starter. He's still a bit inconsistent but he's better than a BP day every 5th start. And in theory, he should get better with each start. Bloss is another option depending on how he is physically.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Red Five
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Most depressing part? Washington Nationals, 1-4 wins. They have 4 series wins since 2010 and they all came in a single year.
The Porkchop Express
AG
That graphic showed me I don't know what the Rockets logo is
AustinAg2K
Breggy Popup said:

Hornbeck said:

Mathguy64 said:

Some of us are Cowboys fans. I was in college when the Oilers left, and I wasn't going to cheer for a team in Memphis. The Texans would arrive a couple years later, and I had a team. If Fertita gets an NHL team in Houston, you can bet that's my team. I had Aeros season tix many moons ago.

I live a tortured existence… the Oilers didn't need a new coach, they needed a new owner. Likewise, the Cowboys have a senile GM / owner…. They need a new owner. Now you know…. The rest of the story. Good Day!
Out of the hundreds of baseball games I have gone to, I have never been anywhere close to a batted ball. I went to one Aeros game back around 1995 and got hit in the knee with a puck. It is sitting on top of my gun safe lol.
Lol. I have the exact same situation. I've been to hundreds of baseball games and never came close to a fly ball. I went to a single Dallas Stars game, and my son caught a puck (well, it hit the empty seat next to him and he grabbed it).
The Porkchop Express
AG
The real question is, who saw the Texas Thunder / Houston Thunderbears play?
BCEDAg
AG
BadAggie said:

39-40
3.5 games back of 3rd Wild Card spot
4.5 games back of Division lead

And only three games back in the loss column.
All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
I think he's too good of an OFer to try and convert to 1B.

Especially if they move an OFer at the deadline.
First Page Last Page
Page 940 of 1924

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.