***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,851,376 Views | 67331 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Beau Holder
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BCEDAg said:

The Porkchop Express said:

BCEDAg said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

It's nights like this I wonder if A&M will ever win a natty in any major sport. I hope I live to see it happen.
At age 50, I think tonight was my shot

I'm 72 and still waiting. Wish I was 50 again.
You're the first person in TexAgs history to wish they were me

So what do I win for that accomplishment?
1 titanium leg
5 dogs
2 cats
and 6 years left to save up college tuition for twins

Farmer1906
AG
AL Postseason Odds

We've blown past the Royals and barely edge out the Sox. The defending champs are in the bottom 6.
All I do is Nguyen
Oof twin tuitions. This is why i encourage my kids to go into fields that don't necessarily require a degree (Cybersecurity/IT, etc.)
All I do is Nguyen
To all ranger fans:

MaxPower
He wouldn't have agreed to go down then. The question should be where would we be if we just cut him then instead of doing this celebrity rehab program?
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AL Postseason Odds

We've blown past the Royals and barely edge out the Sox. The defending champs are in the bottom 6.

Can't wait for the white sox to win 75 straight games and make that "0.0%" chance look foolish
FrioAg 00
AG
BudFox7 said:

The same Press and Hader throwing 4-5 ERAs? Press I think is leading the league in blown saves

You're throwing Hader in with Pressley? Dude had a rough few games to start and has been absolutely nails since then. His ERA in all of May and June is 2.11

W
AG
he had lots of trouble scooping low throws in the series vs. the Astros

only thing of note I remember about him
Serviam
FrioAg 00 said:

BudFox7 said:

The same Press and Hader throwing 4-5 ERAs? Press I think is leading the league in blown saves

You're throwing Hader in with Pressley? Dude had a rough few games to start and has been absolutely nails since then. His ERA in all of May and June is 2.11

it's like the song says; "no love for the Haders the Haders"
Beat40
All I do is Nguyen said:

texasaggie2015 said:

The timeline that was agreed upon was for his return from West Palm Beach. The 40 ABs weren't something they agreed to- it's what the Astros decided on their end.
Ah okay thanks for the clarification on that. Then that makes a bit more sense. Good on Dana for finally realizing what needed to be done.
I think it's less Dana realizing what needs to be done and more Crane giving his investment multiple chances for it to pan out, and finally coming to terms with it not working out.
_veeyah_
AG
Beau Holder said:

Farmer1906 said:

Should be us right now.

I agree but I also bet Jankees fans aren't thrilled about a lineup that's downgraded to having JD and an ancient LeMahieu at this point in the season.

Haven't really kept up with the yankees other than having the best record in the league at some point. Is this them finally getting some injuries? Other than Cole, have they had anybody on the IL? With it being a long season sometimes it's best for the injuries to happen in the beginning and middle of the season. (I don't wish/hope for injuries to happen to anybody just that it's part of the game and it definitely sucks)
Ag_07
AG
Stanton just hit the IL and is expected to not be back until after the AS break.

That's a big blow. He's having a pretty damn good season so far.
TRM
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

Stanton just hit the IL and is expected to not be back until after the AS break.

Yeah. He had his annual "I can't take steroids right now and pulled my hammy" trip to the IL.
Beau Holder
AG
Ag_07 said:

As well, Rizzo is out 4-6 weeks with some wrist or arm fracture. He wasn't doing great but he's better than JD and the Rice kid they called up.
Serviam
TRM said:

big fan of Alimber Santa, in my sim game he projects better as a reliever due to his stamina and worse than average control; but he has electric pitches, and throws 96-98 at a young age.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
BCEDAg said:

BCEDAg said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

It's nights like this I wonder if A&M will ever win a natty in any major sport. I hope I live to see it happen.
At age 50, I think tonight was my shot

I'm 72 and still waiting. Wish I was 50 again.
You're the first person in TexAgs history to wish they were me

So what do I win for that accomplishment?

A Harry Potter mug and a plastic Star Wars kids lightsaber.

And your name as an obscure Italian mobster living in Japan
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
This not okay.

All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906 said:

This not okay.

They'll just defer their contracts until 2050 after trading away peanuts to get them because.....Dodgers
Serviam
All I do is Nguyen said:

Farmer1906 said:

This not okay.

They'll just defer their contracts until 2050 after trading away peanuts to get them because.....Dodgers
you can't put a monetary value on the organization providing a fall guy to pin your massive gambling problem on, though.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
I wish we had a seemingly unending fountain of highly graded prospects. Instead our minors is full of guys who are both somehow low graded and also able to become full time mlb starters if the Astros call them up
MaxPower
Crochet will be in very high demand and several teams with needs have the farm to get it done (Orioles, Dodgers, or even Rangers).
Farmer1906
AG
cc10106
It sure makes eating $30 million on the Chris Taylor contract now a lot easier, doesn't it?

All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906 said:

Father time is still undefeated. If I get even a little drunk i need a whole damn day to recover anymore. Unlike in my twenties where I could get wasted 4 days in a row
Beau Holder
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I'm shocked.
Mathguy64
AG
Win at all costs and spend what you want. Get players to give you gift team favorable contracts.

In combination that's deadly.
MelvinUdall
Farmer1906 said:

Look forward to hearing about Verlander going in for an mri on his elbow in a week and then TJ surgery the following week. For whatever reason the Astros have neck issues that turn into TJ surgery,
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MelvinUdall said:

Farmer1906 said:

Look forward to hearing about Verlander going in for an mri on his elbow in a week and then TJ surgery the following week. For whatever reason the Astros have neck issues that turn into TJ surgery,
The longer he's on the shelf, the less likely it is he makes the 140 inning threshold, which means he comes off the books after this year. Between him and Breggy that's anywhere from $47-73M of tax threshold (gap depends on whether we get penalized for the money the Mets are paying towards his contract).

Edit...forgot about Graveman too, he's another $8M
BadAggie
AG
Just take care of business today. Hopefully HB can turn in 6+ innings and the offense cooperates, would be nice to win and not have to use high leverage bullpen arms these next two games.
Beau Holder
AG
It's Sething time
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Farmer1906 said:

Father time is still undefeated. If I get even a little drunk i need a whole damn day to recover anymore. Unlike in my twenties where I could get wasted 4 days in a row
Im nearly 38, My back has hurt since Labor Day last year…how you ask, bending over to layout my bass boat cover. Some days it comes and goes, some it runs to my toes and some I can't hardly stand up
texasaggie2015
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This not okay.

The Astros have also re-engaged with Chicago about Luis Robert.

I don't think they're anywhere close to an agreement, but they've been talking.
Project Gemini
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Farmer1906 said:

Im nearly 38, My back has hurt since Labor Day last year…how you ask, bending over to layout my bass boat cover. Some days it comes and goes, some it runs to my toes and some I can't hardly stand up
You should stretch and foam roll for a few minutes at the beginning and end of your day
First Page Last Page
Page 934 of 1924

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.