***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,735,197 Views | 66701 Replies | Last: 24 sec ago by EastCoastAgNc
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marvin said:

What an awesome experience at the CwS. That makes 4 World Series trips to see the Astros and 2 to see the Aggies since 2017. That's living the baseball life, brothers!
Photos. I love to live vicariously through those who made the trip.
Prosperdick
AG
Prosperdick said:

Half the 2 wins we need. GO AGGIES!!!!!
Both wins...ACHIEVED!!!

Now lets do it again tomorrow and REALLY f***ing celebrate!!!! Oops, not tomorrow, later today motherf*ckers!!!!
HarryRocket
texasaggie2015 said:

Like the poster said above there's a reason he hasn't been signed. The dude is a horrible teammate and hasn't made many friends in the league.

I know for a fact that JV would likely want out if they brought him in.

Then bye

I'd rather have Bauer in the post season than old man sucks in the World Series.

You either want to win or you don't.

It's not like you have to play spades with him on the plane.

Verlander gets paid very well, he can deal with not liking 1 of many guys
Marvin
AG
jkag89 said:

Marvin said:

What an awesome experience at the CwS. That makes 4 World Series trips to see the Astros and 2 to see the Aggies since 2017. That's living the baseball life, brothers!
Photos. I love to live vicariously through those who made the trip.

How about a Rocco's Jell-O shot with the #1 Astros fan himself!

ETA: Sorry, looks like Teddy beat me to it. We sort of made it a tradition to go for a Jell-O shot and then hit DJs Dugout… which is the Aggie hangout after the game. The bar played the War Hymn and Rattling Bog around midnight. Good times.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
3B Paul 97
AG
Today is my 49th birthday. Is it too much to ask for Aggie and Astros wins again today?
Harry Dunne
texasaggie2015 said:

Like the poster said above there's a reason he hasn't been signed. The dude is a horrible teammate and hasn't made many friends in the league.

I know for a fact that JV would likely want out if they brought him in.
Probably maybe for sure? I mean dude it doesn't take being Ben Verlander to know Bauer is a troll and JV (and probably everyone) would rather not have him around, but at this point theres a good chance Bauer puts up better starts than JV and we aren't going to get it done without some help.

JV wants to win. He's put up with Osuna and others. He'd put up with Bauer and so would everyone else of he came in & produced.
jkag89
Thanks Marvin!
TRM
AG
This was posted June 12th.
RC_57
AG
"White Sox starting …"

Why they gotta have Maldy in an Astro's jersey?!!
texasaggie2015
AG
JV threw an absolute tantrum and unloaded on Jim Crane when the Astros signed Osuna.

From what I've been told, nobody interacted with him. It did not go well behind the scenes.

I'm stating this as a fact- not speculation. There's a reason Bauer hasn't been signed. I was told there's a lot the public doesn't know when I asked about it a while back.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
I've stated my opinion on Bauer multiple times before.

He was indeed railroaded on the sexual assault stuff so take that away from the conversation. Even without all that he's a locker room cancer and an awful person to have around your clubhouse. He's created problems everywhere he's been going back to before his pro career.

When you take the time to dig into his issues it's obvious why he isn't signed.
texasaggie2015
AG
I find it ironic that some on this board insisted that Abreu was a problem in the clubhouse but the team will be totally cool with Trevor Bauer.
All I do is Nguyen
EastCoastAgNc said:

This was one of Clanton's best yet this season
EastCoastAgNc
AG
There's a few people who only come around when it's time to shill for him. I don't understand how anyone can defend him, but then again it seems to be a thing these days to defend those who are indefensible. It's an odd and pretty sad hill to die on.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yup. I don't know the whole story but I'm not going to defend him either. If he hasn't been signed, it should tell you a lot. Even Aroldis Chapman stayed around- and he's one of the worst people in the entire sport.
tjack16
AG
Aggies are 4 hours away from a potential title clinching game and we are still yapping about Bauer. He can take his TrashStros shirt, roll it up real nice and stick it somewhere
tjack16
AG
Rally baby is ready for a Natty

Daddy-O5
AG
Good.
Ag_07
AG
Anytime someone on here or my buddies mention Bauer this video is the perfect response.

If anyone watches that and thinks it's a good idea to sign him then I don't know what to tell you.
Prosperdick
AG
Aggies and Astros both looking to complete improbable sweeps on June 23rd.
redline248
AG
Amazing what a couple homers will do. Updated June stats for Houston hitters.

Pena continues to plummet
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

He was indeed railroaded on the sexual assault stuff so take that away from the conversation. Even without all that he's a locker room cancer and an awful person to have around your clubhouse. He's created problems everywhere he's been going back to before his pro career.

I think this is probably accurate… and yes, it stands to reason that this is why he hasn't been signed by anyone yet.

I also have it from a very credible source that works on a regular basis with JV that he's (to put it kindly) extremely difficult to deal with and not a very considerate person. 2015's "temper tantrum" after not getting his way story is very much on brand, according to my guy.

Most superstars are self-absorbed turds. Not a lot of Altuves out there.

But is this a Christian frat or a baseball team? Are we trying to win ball games or community service awards?

Now that JV is no longer CYA level anymore, maybe he can earn some of that huge paycheck by being mentor to TB instead of throwing tantrums. IMO A real leader would say sign this guy, but let's keep them on a short leash. I'll take him under my wing and show him the way. If he doesn't fall in line you kick him to the curb or flip them at the deadline.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
n_touch
texasaggie2015 said:

Yup. I don't know the whole story but I'm not going to defend him either. If he hasn't been signed, it should tell you a lot. Even Aroldis Chapman stayed around- and he's one of the worst people in the entire sport.
Not defending him here. Tinfoil hat time.

Any chance that all of this was a hit by everyone to get him out of baseball? Dodgers are a MLB fav and they want him gone and the contract negated.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Splitting hairs but I think I'd prefer Joey in CF
Farmer1906
AG
Chad's wRC+ jumped from 62 to 84 after the monster game yesterday.
Farmer1906
AG
I'm not sure we've seen enough of Loperfido to know. Chas is above avg defensively.
Beau Holder
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Joey Bats and Cesar Saladbar
Ag_07
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

I think this is probably accurate… and yes, it stands to reason that this is why he hasn't been signed by anyone yet.

I also have it from a very credible source that works on a regular basis with JV that he's (to put it kindly) extremely difficult to deal with and not a very considerate person. 2015's "temper tantrum" after not getting his way story is very much on brand, according to my guy.

Most superstars are self-absorbed turds. Not a lot of Altuves out there.

But is this a Christian frat or a baseball team? Are we trying to win ball games or community service awards?

Now that JV is no longer CYA level anymore, maybe he can earn some of that huge paycheck by being mentor to TB instead of throwing tantrums. IMO A real leader would say sign this guy, but let's keep them on a short leash. I'll take him under my wing and show him the way. If he doesn't fall in line you kick him to the curb or flip them at the deadline.

Not only petitioning for Bauer but questioning JV's leadership.

I don't know what to tell you man.
Mathguy64
AG
n_touch said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Not defending him here. Tinfoil hat time.

Any chance that all of this was a hit by everyone to get him out of baseball? Dodgers are a MLB fav and they want him gone and the contract negated.
He's a FA and I'm pretty sure the contract got voided out. When he was reinstated there was an agreement to back pay him something after the arbitrator ruled he he could return and was due some back pay. But they got off the hook for the last year and $34MM. It was a very team friendly solution, like the rest of the contracts the Dodgers got this year.
texasaggie2015
AG
My understanding is that he burned every bridge he ever made in the MLB and the latest stuff was just sort of a nail in the coffin
Ag_07
AG
And yeah JV may be difficult and throw an occasional tantrum but the dude has 100% earned that right.
All I do is Nguyen
I'd honestly like to lopes in RF until Tucker comes back and Yordan in LF
Beau Holder
AG
Long wait for 1pm today
First Page Last Page
Page 921 of 1906

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.