***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,215,725 Views | 59156 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Faustus
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The White Sox are a horrendous organization from the front office all the way down to the clubhouse. I've been told lots of teams around the league feels he just needs good people around him. It's an interesting situation
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Unrelated but have you heard any more on whether there still trying to extend Tucker?
texasaggie2015
AG
I have not.
Marvin
AG
That was an interesting at bat by Pena.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Ag_07
AG
Marvin said:

That was an interesting awful at bat by Pena.

FIFY
Sex Panther
AG
This Chas super fan in Chicago is amazing
W
AG
this has been a very low-scoring series
The Beef01
AG
Have we talked about the absolute insanity that was Peña showing bunt and clearly trying to bunt the runners over and pulling his bat back on the 1st pitch right down the middle??

That was absolutely amazing….ly awful.
Faustus
It was pretty funny watching Salazar lay down a perfect bunt yesterday given the travails most of our players have executing it.
texasaggie2015
AG
Bregman's OPS now up to .709
Chef Elko
AG
These are the kind of games we lose
linkdude
AG
All the talk of a double steal and then Yainer hits into a 6-4-3 to end the inning. Sigh.
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Bregman's OPS now up to .709

He's been a lot better the past month or so for sure. Hoping he ends the season above .750
linkdude
AG
You know the baseball gods aren't on your side when Maldonado gets a parachute wind aided single to Altuve.
B-Rabbit
AG
Ugh
Beau Holder
AG
The baseball gods don't like when you insult their game by being so pathetically bad at advancing anyone at all multiple innings in a row.
agproducer
AG
2024 Astros #Feckless
gambochaman
AG
This astros team is so very very bad at everythinf
Marvin
AG
0-7 with RISP comes back to haunt the Astros.
Beau Holder
AG
Bout to lose a series to the 2024 Chicago White Sox where you managed to score a combined 1 run against them in two full games. It's poetry.
The Beef01
AG
If they lose this game and provide the White Sox with only their 4th series win of the season…there is ZERO excuse for Cintron/Snitker to be members of the staff tomorrow night.

This would be an absolutely inexcusable loss laid directly at the feet of your atrocious hitting approach.
htxag09
AG
We are so back bad
Beau Holder
AG
Based on what we've heard, it's less even an approach and rather just having like five guys in the lineup every day who don't care about making an out as quickly as possible.

So I don't mind if we sell everyone at this point.
Faustus
linkdude said:

All the talk of a double steal and then Yainer hits into a 6-4-3 to end the inning. Sigh.
He's now tied for 3rd in the league for most GIDPs, and two off the league lead. He'd have more but he really busts it down the line and has beat out more than a few.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
surely losing this series to the white sox at this point in the season is what convinces management to throw in the towel on this season.
Ag_07
AG
Well SEA lost to CLE this afternoon

So we got that going for us.
Marvin
AG
Pena doesn't even look interested in playing today. What in the absolute hell is he doing?
cc10106
#1 in team batting average though!
Phrasing
AG
Marvin said:

Pena doesn't even look interested in playing today. What in the absolute hell is he doing?
Yeah on that last swing I said to myself "Tell me this team has given up without telling me this team has given up". They just don't care.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I dont understand what went wrong this year. At least the ags are great.
Mathguy64
AG
Mathguy64 said:

June 18. Mark it in your calendar. That was the night the season and team were unofficially eliminated from contention. The official day won't be until September sometime but this was the game that did it.

I've tried to be positive but you can't lose like this to the worst team in baseball. You can't score and give up 2 runs on 2 FCs.

Tonight the team eliminated themselves.

I would listen to offers on any field players but Altuve and Yordan. That includes Tucker. I would want a fortune in return but I would listen. Frankly there won't be offers on starters other than Framber because anyone of value is injured but I would listen there. I would listen to any offer for a reliever.

This team needs a hard reset. It needs 2 OFers, a 1B man, a better SS and a 3B man who doesn't disappears for months at a time. It's a poor hitting team. I don't care what rankings they have they just don't hit very well or with any regularity. The pitching rankings look bad but I think that's off too. They have been good on the mound. They just cannot score runs.

I'm just going to leave this here. Losing 2 like this is just a cherry on top of Tuesday.
_veeyah_
AG
The Beef01 said:

If they lose this game and provide the White Sox with only their 4th series win of the season…there is ZERO excuse for Cintron/Snitker to be members of the staff tomorrow night.

This would be an absolutely inexcusable loss laid directly at the feet of your atrocious hitting approach.

It don't matter, everybody and their mom has wanted them gone and the way 2024 is going, they'll be there all season and possibly next.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
the astros have absolutely been relentless this year. Give us a freaking break. New lows every week.
W
AG
need a rally
W
AG
Altuve singles
First Page Last Page
Page 897 of 1691

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.