***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,288,371 Views | 60462 Replies | Last: 17 sec ago by Mathguy64
f1ghtintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Am I crazy to think I'd even listen to offers on Yordan? Do we think he will be able to stay healthy long term? Is this year an outlier in terms of production at the plate? He's been good, but far from great, or even as consistent as we are used to seeing.

Again, the price ought to be monumental, but I'd listen.
Beau Holder
AG
Booma94 said:

They have hit rock bottom and continued to dig. They are unwatchable. They don't appear to have any fight in them at all. Even if they go on the long-promised 10 game streak it won't matter at this point.

See y'all tomorrow night...

All spot on except the tomorrow part. It will be time for Aggie baseball and on Thursday it'll be time to find a better use of time.
BadAggie
AG
Jim Crane didn't eat $30 mil to make Abreu go away and kick off a rebuild, if I had to guess

He's gonna hold out hope of a turnaround. Can't do otherwise publicly until trade deadline, attendance will crater

Even then who the hell knows what he's thinking. Bregman remains a popular player despite his woeful production. No doubt he could brought back on a shorter deal than Tucker.

Bregman, Pressly have managed to destroy their potential trade value.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell a reliever and maybe Chas.
Wabs
AG
Beau Holder said:

Wabs said:

Only untouchables are Pena, Yordan and Altuve. Tucker only if it was for a massive haul. I've been saying this since mid May. The only player that was untouchable then was Diaz, but he's off that list now. Time to control alt delete.

Not sure what would make Pena untouchable if you find a team who thinks he's the guy from several weeks ago and not the one ever since and from all of 2023.

I guess it would depend on what somebody offers really. I mean all offers for anyone should be listened to, but I don't see anyone offering enough to grab Pena or Yordan.
scd88
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Am I crazy to think I'd even listen to offers on Yordan? Do we think he will be able to stay healthy long term? Is this year an outlier in terms of production at the plate? He's been good, but far from great, or even as consistent as we are used to seeing.

I've suggested the same to my friends. We could get a lot for him.
gambochaman
AG
Freaking pathetic

How do you not fire cintron and snitker TONIGHT?
BadAggie
AG
Then again Crane could stand pat or even be a buyer

BadAggie
AG
scd88 said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

I've suggested the same to my friends. We could get a lot for him.

Below market contract with 5 more seasons on it

Still feels like they should not break up the Yordan and Tucker pairing.
Beau Holder
AG
Wabs said:

Beau Holder said:

Wabs said:

Only untouchables are Pena, Yordan and Altuve. Tucker only if it was for a massive haul. I've been saying this since mid May. The only player that was untouchable then was Diaz, but he's off that list now. Time to control alt delete.

Not sure what would make Pena untouchable if you find a team who thinks he's the guy from several weeks ago and not the one ever since and from all of 2023.

I guess it would depend on what somebody offers really. I mean all offers for anyone should be listened to, but I don't see anyone offering enough to grab Pena or Yordan.

I guess I mean I don't see how Pena is even close to being mentioned in the same breath as Yordan. He's a .700 OPS player.
tjack16
AG
Tomorrow through hopefully through Sunday (or Monday most likely) the focus will be on Aggie baseball as we go for our first national title
Booma94
AG
Beau Holder said:

Wabs said:

Beau Holder said:

Wabs said:

I guess I mean I don't see how Pena is even close to being mentioned in the same breath as Yordan. He's a .700 OPS player.
Because HEB and Taquerias Arandas are major corporations sponsoring this event?
Boiling Denim
Beau Holder said:

Wabs said:

Beau Holder said:

Wabs said:

Yeah I think someone may have checked out a month ago and just assumed Pena was back. He's cratering hard. The only reason he isn't down at the bottom is some vet SS are scuffling bad this season
agproducer
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Beau Holder said:

Wabs said:

Beau Holder said:

Wabs said:

Yeah I think someone may have checked out a month ago and just assumed Pena was back. He's cratering hard. The only reason he isn't down at the bottom is some vet SS are scuffling bad this season

Correa is not. #Feckless
txags92
AG
redline248 said:

7 hits, but only 1 for extra bases.
0-5 RISP

Against a guy with 23 big league innings prior to tonight.

Called it before the game…

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3452231/replies/67833211#67833211

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
This team is too talented for a complete rebuild the ideas of which would include Yordan.

You get what you can for expiring pieces and try again next year.
Tucker, unless you can get him to resign
Bregman
Chaz
Framber
Pressley
Maybe Hader? He could draw A LOT
Maybe Pena but you don't have a replacement and he has a lot of control
BadAggie
AG
All bets are off on what Crane does next.

Normally yes at some point in July a team in the Astros position would see if they could get a prospect haul selling off some non core players.

But this is Jim Crane.

When faced with the loss of a middle reliever in Graveman in the offseason he dropped near nine figures on Hader.

When faced with Abreu sucking he tried all kinds of contortions before biting the $30 mil bullet.

The context here is a team less than 2 years removed from its last WS title and 1 win away last season from another WS appearance.

I don't see Crane giving up as easily on this season as many here expect.

He's ramped team payroll up to historic levels to chase more.

There will probably be some grand gesture on his part, some big splashy move to attempt to change the course of this season. Manager seems an obvious target. He got rid of a GM after winning a WS. Anything is possible…

f1ghtintexasaggie
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

This team is too talented for a complete rebuild the ideas of which would include Yordan.

Bregman
Chaz
Framber
Pressley

We're too talented (on paper) for this to be happening NOW!
agproducer
AG
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Insane. Eleven ML pitchers, nearly an entire ML pitching stafd, on the IL.

25 years ago, 11 pitchers was a full NL pitching roster.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm researching hobbies I can take up to occupy my evenings this summer. Any suggestions?
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Sports medicine?
iBrad
AG
Learn to play the guitar, if you don't already.
BCEDAg
AG
I'm numb after watching that poor excuse of an offense tonight.

Thank the good Lord for the Texas Aggie baseball team that is making this baseball season enjoyable nonetheless.
Billy Baroo
AG
All this talk of what players to get rid of (and I agree with a lot of them), but think the first to go should be Espada at this point. These guys have been playing with zero fire all year outside of a week or two around the Mexico City trip. Seems like a hell of a nice guy, but in way over his head.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Bregman
Chaz
Framber
Pressley

We're too talented (on paper) for this to be happening NOW!

Agreed. So we can't sell it all despite the rash of injuries. Rebuild to strengthen next season.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower
BadAggie said:

All bets are off on what Crane does next.

Normally yes at some point in July a team in the Astros position would see if they could get a prospect haul selling off some non core players.

But this is Jim Crane.

When faced with the loss of a middle reliever in Graveman in the offseason he dropped near nine figures on Hader.

When faced with Abreu sucking he tried all kinds of contortions before biting the $30 mil bullet.

The context here is a team less than 2 years removed from its last WS title and 1 win away last season from another WS appearance.

I don't see Crane giving up as easily on this season as many here expect.

He's ramped team payroll up to historic levels to chase more.

There will probably be some grand gesture on his part, some big splashy move to attempt to change the course of this season. Manager seems an obvious target. He got rid of a GM after winning a WS. Anything is possible…

I assume they will wait as long as they can to do anything. Regardless, if the team sucks attendance will suffer whether they sell, buy, or do nothing.
Frok
AG
I watched a hockey game last night instead of the Astros. That's how bad it's become.
mwm
It used to be I could run & hide from baseball at the deer lease. Now, I don't even have that to escape to.
houag78
AG
So my apologies if it was posted earlier, but why did Yordan sit last night ? One of your best hitters is on the DL, so you sit your Best hitter against a team that is clearly beatable and when you arguably need a sweep. Insanity.
dcaggie04
AG
houag78 said:

So my apologies if it was posted earlier, but why did Yordan sit last night ? One of your best hitters is on the DL, so you sit your Best hitter against a team that is clearly beatable and when you arguably need a sweep. Insanity.

He was away handling a family issue. Should be back today.
houag78
AG
Got it, thanks.
aTmneal
AG
agproducer said:

When is the last time McCullers even stepped on the field? Feels like forever. I admit that I haven't followed very closely this year.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Frok said:

I watched a hockey game last night instead of the Astros. That's how bad it's become.
I played Mario Kart for 2 hours with my kids, waiting until forever for my phone to buzz with a score update that never came.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
redline248
AG
aTmneal said:

agproducer said:

When is the last time McCullers even stepped on the field? Feels like forever. I admit that I haven't followed very closely this year.
He's thrown a handful of bullpens, recently
First Page Last Page
Page 887 of 1728

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.