***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,743,728 Views | 66727 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by tjack16
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Melton making a modest jump.
Bobcat-Ag
texasaggie2015 said:

Why would those numbers get you a promotion?
MaxPower
Who knows, it's the Mets. Sometimes guys move faster or slower because of position gluts above or below them.
texasaggie2015
AG
Numbers rarely tell the whole story with prospects.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
KCup17
AG
Crazy that we are 10 games below .500 yet only 6.5 games back.
redline248
AG
Alex Bregman has never posted an OPS below .800 (currently .534), or and OPS+ below 110 (currently 57). Will he be able to salvage his season numbers?
Beat40
KCup17 said:

It's actually why I'm not really in write them off mode. Take the Yankee series out, for the sake of the argument, and it appears this team is turning the corner. SP got a boost with Javier (despite his bad start the other day, I think he will be fine), the back end of the BP appears to be turning it around, and really the offense other than Yordan seems to be clicking a bit better.

I really think once Yordan gets it going, this team is going to play pretty well. He may even be turning it around too. Last 7 days .292 BA and OPS is .846
Beat40
Beat40 said:

KCup17 said:

It's actually why I'm not really in write them off mode. Take the Yankee series out, for the sake of the argument, and it appears this team is turning the corner. SP got a boost with Javier (despite his bad start the other day, I think he will be fine), the back end of the BP appears to be turning it around, and really the offense other than Yordan seems to be clicking a bit better.

I really think once Yordan gets it going, this team is going to play pretty well. He may even be turning it around too. Last 7 days .292 BA and OPS is .846

Hopefully Urquidy is close - I think he'll be boost to the SP as well.
FrioAg 00
AG
Agree - the fact that neither the Rangers nor Seattle took advantage of our awful start to this season leaves the door cracked open for what would be truly hilarious and enjoyable.

We are about a 20-for-30 type run away from getting ourselves right back into the post season picture and that could happen before July

By the way, 19 of our next 29 games come against teams well below .500
MaxPower
Yes we can definitely make some headway. When I looked into some of those teams that started off poorly but still made the playoffs, they never got further than 10.5 games back. That seems to be the cutoff where it's too much to overcome.

The only negative I would say is Seattle can use their loaded farm to make moves we might not be able to make. Their offense sucks so it's pretty clear what they need to do.
Beat40
MaxPower said:

Yes we can definitely make some headway. When I looked into some of those teams that started off poorly but still made the playoffs, they never got further than 10.5 games back. That seems to be the cutoff where it's too much to overcome.

The only negative I would say is Seattle can use their loaded farm to make moves we might not be able to make. Their offense sucks so it's pretty clear what they need to do.

Yeah - pretty much why now is the time to make your move. If you can get within a game or two of them by all-star break, meaning you're playing really well, you can still keep pace most likely even with moves they make.
cc10106
I saw something over the weekend claiming Tuck would be a Mariner later this year which seemed very delusional.
Farmer1906
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Agree - the fact that neither the Rangers nor Seattle took advantage of our awful start to this season leaves the door cracked open for what would be truly hilarious and enjoyable.

We are about a 20-for-30 type run away from getting ourselves right back into the post season picture and that could happen before July

We've played the toughest schedule thus far.

FrioAg 00
AG
Hey, if anyone wants to fight this weather, first to claim them here had 4 tonight

I am the definition of a fair weather fan today
W
AG
as others have mentioned...

this needs to be a big homestand

minimum of 7-3
tjack16
AG
7-3 this homestand would go a LONG way

We should go 5-1 against the A's and Angels at least
MaxPower
cc10106 said:

I saw something over the weekend claiming Tuck would be a Mariner later this year which seemed very delusional.
They have the ammo to do it but you'd have to be in complete give up mode this year and next. They probably have the best collection of players below AA in n MLB but those guys are years away. Can't see Crane doing that.
Silent For Too Long
Farmer1906 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

We've played the toughest schedule thus far.

Looks like our friends in Arlington have really taken advantage of having the 3rd easiest schedule in baseball so far this year.
tjack16
AG
cc10106 said:

Yeah I can't see us trading our best player to a division rival. You'd basically be conceding the division to them the next 1.5 seasons
texasaggie2015
AG
My office is right down the street and I am very tempted
AgSportsFan89
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

You aint gonna work down the street forever
CFTXAG10
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

But do you have a kayak?
Beau Holder
AG
I'm tempted as well even though I know I snap these up often due to proximity.

Edit: Honestly though, I will take them if no one disagrees. Or split them with 2015.
FrioAg 00
AG
Yall could split them and have a kayak race to the park

If someone doesn't claim them they will sit dark tonight
cc10106
tjack16 said:

cc10106 said:

Yeah I can't see us trading our best player to a division rival. You'd basically be conceding the division to them the next 1.5 seasons
Graveman was used as the reason why it could happen which tells me it was just some hot take for clicks. As much as that team loves to wheel and deal, I doubt they would give up what it would take anyway.
Beau Holder
AG
Sure, I'm good for two if 2015 wants two or if not, I'll take two friends along with the wife. Catch me rafting down White Oak Bayou at 6:30.

Saint Frio the Benevolent strikes again.
texasaggie2015
AG
Go ahead and take the four. Super tempting but I'm going to pass this time around.

Thanks for the offer, Frio. Keep me in mind in the future.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Something's gotta give
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
I'll go ahead and pencil in "dad calling to ask how to watch the game" into my calendar around 11:30am that day
MosesHallRAB04
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Something's gotta give

High ERAs and low run support. Movable object vs stop-able force.
linkdude
AG
Lopes going deep off Stripling tonight
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AustinCountyAg
FrioAg 00 said:

Yall could split them and have a kayak race to the park

If someone doesn't claim them they will sit dark tonight
Frio, If you ever decide to donate in the future or like to sell a gamr I'd be interested. Me and the wife went last year and met 2015 and Wes there for Framber's no no. Would love to take our kids and take advantage of the food situation there for them.
First Page Last Page
Page 554 of 1907

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.