***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,876,350 Views | 36719 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Beau Holder
Baseball Is Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
htxag09 said:

Did we ever get an explanation of the pitch clock violation called on Arrighetti last night?

Spencer came set without making eye contact with the batter and was given a warning. He did it again and that was when a ball was called. It confused a lot of people because there was still time on the clock, but that was irrelevant.
texasaggie2015
AG
Which is why I said in terms of control. Not runs allowed.

MADDUX-like Command PLUS 99 MPH - George Kirby is PHENOMINAL!! (youtube.com)
jkag89
Quote:

kind of a put-your-foot-on-their-throat opportunity for Seattle
I'm sure the M's would love to contribute to the deep hole the 'Stros are digging to start the season but I'm also sure they recognize it is early May. They've made their own runs later in the season to if not get into the division race at least get back into the postseason discussion.
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
WT actual F???

Bregman is the 4 hole protecting a struggling Yordan is the dumbest shlt I've seen since Dusty playing Maldy over Yanier.
The Porkchop Express
Ag_07 said:

WT actual F???

Bregman is the 4 hole protecting a struggling Yordan is the dumbest shlt I've seen since Dusty playing Maldy over Yanier.
Clearly you've never seen this.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Ag_07 said:

WT actual F???

Clearly you've never seen this.

Ag_07
AG
I mean technically he did drop him in the order.
iBrad
AG
I'm actually okay with Bregman back at 4th. He was killing us in the 2-hole. Though it seems like no matter where we put him the at bats with RISP keep finding him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Listening to Blum on 790..."it was interesting that they basically gave him (Abreu) the choice to stay or take the money and run". So sounds like it was either go to Florida or GTFO.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

WHY IS BREGMAN IN CLEANUP
EastCoastAgNc
AG
iBrad said:

I'm actually okay with Bregman back at 4th. He was killing us in the 2-hole. Though it seems like no matter where we put him the at bats with RISP keep finding him.
As we learned with Abreu, it doesn't matter where you try to hide a bad hitter in the lineup, pitchers are smart enough to pitch around guys to get to him.
Farmer1906
AG
Your best hitter goes in the 2 hole and Tucker there makes some sense.

Espada isn't ready to move down the 30-year-old who got MVP votes the last 2 seasons just yet. It is what it is.
RED AG 98
AG
bearkatag15 said:

This might be our best 9. If only Bregs were at 6+...
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Espada isn't ready to move down the 30-year-old who got MVP votes the last 2 seasons just yet. It is what it is.

Did you just say back of the baseball card without saying it
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

If we moved guys based on how they did the week before Yordan would be in the 8 hole.

I understand the argument on bringing Bregman. I'm down on him quite a bit. But there is a balancing act between on field moves and clubhouse order.

If JV strings together 3 bad starts, are you going to start calling for him to move to the bullpen?
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

If we moved guys based on how they did the week before Yordan would be in the 8 hole.

I understand the argument on bringing Bregman. I'm down on him quite a bit. But there is a balancing act between on field moves and clubhouse order.

If JV strings together 3 bad starts, are you going to start calling for him to move to the bullpen?

Nobody is saying move Bregman down based on how he did the week before… this has been a month of struggle. Not just a week

Moving somebody from 4 to 6 is not the same as moving a pitcher from #1 starter to pen
Beau Bevers
AG
As of right now, my lineup would be

2B Altuve
RF Tucker
SS Pena
DH Alvarez
C Diaz
1B Singleton
3B Bregman
LF Loperfido
CF Dubon
Mathguy64
AG
Beau Bevers said:

As of right now, my lineup would be

2B Altuve
RF Tucker
SS Pena
DH Alvarez
C Diaz
1B Singleton
3B Bregman
LF Loperfido
CF Dubon

Dusty loves the RLRLRLRLR vibes.
Beau Bevers
AG
Overlooking the insult of calling me Dusty, I honestly didn't think about that until you posted it. What is wrong with me?
MaxPower
I tend to agree with Dusty on that but preference has to be within reason.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower

If the team continues to flounder he could be an interesting summer call up. Maybe you consider trading Jake or Chas to a CF needy playoff team to open up playing time for the young OFers to see who is legit.
Beat40
Jake needs consistent playing time.
iBrad
AG
Beat40 said:

And it's obvious he's not going to get that here, making him a solid trade candidate. Though you'd like to see Loperfido prove worthy and Chas get it going before you ship off Jake.
Ag_07
AG
Beat40 said:

Jake needs LESS playing time
MaxPower
For now yes. If this does wind up being a lost season though then the only "advantage" to that is getting young guys playing time without worrying about it costing you a playoff spot. When you have Loperfido and Leon, both 25 and happen to be OF, it's tough to do that. I think an analytically driven organization will value Jake more than you might believe. That said, I suspect the org would rather trade Chas. Too much smoke around him and Dusty last year for me to believe he's beloved by the org.
tjack16
AG
So question….

What happens when Chas comes back? He's been bad this year but it's clear they will want him to be everyday LF most likely. What does that do to Loperfido, Jake and Dubon?

I for one would play Loperfido against righties and Chas against lefties until Chas can prove he's back to 2023 form
W
AG
I think Chas no longer controls his destiny so to speak

if Loperfido hits and Dubon stays productive...

Chas isn't going to get starter's AB's
Farmer1906
AG
You have 4 players for 100% of CF, 75% of LF, 25% of 1B, and 5% of a combination of 3B, SS, 2B, & RF.

If each position gets 600 PA then that means we have around 310 PA for each in a full year. Pro rate it for the rest of 24 and it's about 250 PA per. I think that's enough. You just weigh it more towards who's playing well. Continue to match up favorably vs pitchers.
spadilly
S

I'm hearing this will be a….pop up.

Beat40
I, of course, strongly disagree.
GigEM96
Hey, make that .550 OPS tasty with some Breggy Bomb Salsa
EastCoastAgNc
AG
GigEM96
No lube either

EastCoastAgNc said:

First Page Last Page
Page 470 of 1050

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.