***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,883,182 Views | 67476 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jkag89
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Minor league vs major league
Chef Elko
AG
Someone just tell Abreu to choke up
Farmer1906
AG
We're about to go from not enough pitching to plenty very soon. JV and Framber will be back plus off days on the 18th, 22nd, 26th, and 29th.
texasaggie2015
AG
Another rehab assignment or the Astros
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Chef Elko said:

He's doing enough choking already
agdaddy04
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Geez that's not how I read it initially at all!
Beau Holder
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We're about to go from not enough pitching to plenty very soon. JV and Framber will be back plus off days on the 18th, 22nd, 26th, and 29th.

Someone tell Ken Rosenthal
Faustus
Chef Elko said:

Or at least somewhere other than on the field.
iBrad
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Between JV and what we've gotten from a few others, I'd take my chances in adding him to the rotation.
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder said:

Farmer1906 said:

Someone tell Ken Rosenthal
After this series with ATL we have 14 games in 19 days. Whoever pitches Saturday the 20th will not pitch again until Saturday the 27th unless we skip someone in the rotation. It would have been nice if MLB balanced that **** out a little better.

Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Just need France and Brown to have some workable outings and Javier and Blanco perform at their level until those two come back.

Then let's go.
Farmer1906
AG
SpaceCityAg05
AG
It is me, or are we already starting to hedge on the "Jake Meyers is our starting CF" bit?

While the front office may have hoped that with confidence, his output would go up, his production has been fairly in line with what I expected. Said differently, I don't think he has been "struggling" like others. Obviously, he was always going to be the odd man out on days when Yordan plays LF.

But it is interesting to see another Dubon in CF start after Dubon has had several starts in a row at other positions.

This will now be only 3 starts in the last 6 games for Jake, and that counts a stretch where Chas was hurt for two games.
W
AG
Dubon has 8 RBI in 36 plate appearances (without a home run)

he has some 'clutch' in him

good w/RISP
Beat40
SpaceCityAg05 said:

It is me, or are we already starting to hedge on the "Jake Meyers is our starting CF" bit?

While the front office may have hoped that with confidence, his output would go up, his production has been fairly in line with what I expected. Said differently, I don't think he has been "struggling" like others. Obviously, he was always going to be the odd man out on days when Yordan plays LF.

But it is interesting to see another Dubon in CF start after Dubon has had several starts in a row at other positions.

This will now be only 3 starts in the last 6 games for Jake, and that counts a stretch where Chas was hurt for two games.
I see it as they want to get Dubon more ABs, so if they aren't giving IF days off for Dubon to play, the only other position is CF, which sucks for Jake.

One of those things where if Yordan would have been able to play 1B, then many problems would be fixed.
AgLA06
AG
Between getting multiple starters back and the schedule easing up next month, I see the run Dana was talking about having a great chance of happening to close out the first half of the season as we go into the All-star break.
AgLA06
AG
Beat40 said:

SpaceCityAg05 said:

I see it as they want to get Dubon more ABs, so if they aren't giving IF days off for Dubon to play, the only other position is CF, which sucks for Jake.

One of those things where if Yordan would have been able to play 1B, then many problems would be fixed.
Or if Duby plays first.
MaxPower
The Porkchop Express said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I have so many jokes right now my head is exploding.
Hell I might prefer Bagwell were the one taking BP at this point.
Sex Panther
AG
Just got tickets to the Mexico City series - hoping I get to see Senor Verlander
AgLA06
AG
Sex Panther said:

Just got tickets to the Mexico City series - hoping I get to see Senor Verlander
That's pretty cool. Do you live there?
Sex Panther
AG
Nah - live in Texas. But all I've heard for the last couple of years is how cool of a city it is, so this was the perfect excuse for a three-day weekend trip.
Heineken-Ashi
W said:

Dubon has 8 RBI in 36 plate appearances (without a home run)

he has some 'clutch' in him

good w/RISP
He more than held his own to start last year when Altuve was injured and was one of the most clutch hitters we had in that span. Until Bregman starts doing anything, I'd be ok with Dubon getting more starts at 3B. Or relegating Meyers to full time utility outfielder.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
MaxPower
I hate to say it but advanced stats would tell you Jake has been unlucky so far and should have a much higher BA and SLG% than he has to go with what's rated as excellent defense. He's not my favorite Astros but he needs consistent ABs to see if his actual production can start to match his expected production.
Beat40
AgLA06 said:

Beat40 said:

SpaceCityAg05 said:

Or if Duby plays first.
Understood for sure. I just meant if Yordan was able to 1B, there wouldn't be an Abreu contract over the Astros' head.
Beat40
MaxPower said:

I hate to say it but advanced stats would tell you Jake has been unlucky so far and should have a much higher BA and SLG% than he has to go with what's rated as excellent defense. He's not my favorite Astros but he needs consistent ABs to see if his actual production can start to match his expected production.
I like Jake a lot. He seems to be one of the guys who can consistently get the ball in the air.
MaxPower
Really Chas is the one who is more worrying at this point. He's a good LF but you want more offensive production out of a corner spot.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Wonder if he's sick...
Beau Holder
AG
Sex Panther said:

Nah - live in Texas. But all I've heard for the last couple of years is how cool of a city it is, so this was the perfect excuse for a three-day weekend trip.

It's one of the best cities on the entire continent, and so close to us. You're gonna love it.

I'd be gladly going myself if it didn't overlap with another trip.
The Porkchop Express
AG
MaxPower said:

The Porkchop Express said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I have so many jokes right now my head is exploding.
Hell I might prefer Bagwell were the one taking BP at this point.
One year when the Broncos had half their team hurt and no available QBs, my brother and I threw out the idea of John Elway activating himself from team president.

Doubt Bagwell can lift a sack of groceries over his head, but I guarantee you Bidge could lean into one and get on base tonight if needed.
Life is better with a beagle
linkdude
AG
Relevant, as he'll miss our series in Chicago next week.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

How can anyone hate this man?
AgSportsFan89
AG
linkdude said:

Relevant, as he'll miss our series in Chicago next week.

Good. Suzuki was a menace
Proudag06
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I literally love him
The Porkchop Express
AG
Proudag06 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I literally love him

The split-second decision where Altuve decides this kid probably does not want Jon Singleton's autograph.
Life is better with a beagle
First Page Last Page
Page 253 of 1928

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.