***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,881,837 Views | 67470 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by maca1028
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wabs said:

tjack16 said:

Has this team turned a corner at home? 4-2 in our last 6 games at Minute maid

Shhhhh……..

Too early to worry but too early to be excited? I can't keep up
Wabs
AG
Roller coaster ride indeed.
All I do is Nguyen
nice series win! AOFA time

Texaggie7nine

Prosperdick
AG

Two in a row when I don't watch. I guess I'm not watching tomorrow either. Spaghetti will need all the help he can get.
Beau Holder
AG
Don't let the ease of winning the Boot every year distract us from it being time for Joey L to come up
agproducer
AG
Bag
AG
braves up next, crazy start to the season have not played a team yet that is currently below .500
AggieJ2002
AG
So as bad as we have played and as hard of a schedule as we have had, we are 2.5 games out of first place in the division ... the exact same distance out of first place we were last season on September 27th!
All I do is Nguyen
Just snagged some tickets to the Nats game next Sunday, if any of yall will be there hit me up!
The Porkchop Express
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Just snagged some tickets to the Nats game next Sunday, if any of yall will be there hit me up!

I will need pitch by pitch analysis when he's up.
Life is better with a beagle
Beau Holder
AG
Hector came on in the 8th to hold a one-run lead for the Cubs in Seattle and has walked the first two.
Big Al 1992
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

So as bad as we have played and as hard of a schedule as we have had, we are 2.5 games out of first place in the division ... the exact same distance out of first place we were last season on September 27th!

And with 4/5 starting pitchers out. Split Braves series and we're back baby!
Beau Holder
AG
Beau Holder said:

Hector came on in the 8th to hold a one-run lead for the Cubs in Seattle and has walked the first two.

Walked the bases loaded and then got the GIDP to escape. Classic.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beau Holder said:

Beau Holder said:

Walked the bases loaded and then got the GIDP to escape. Classic.

Did he get in the players face after he got out of it?
tjack16
AG
Wabs
AG
Rangers, Angels and Mariners lose
The Porkchop Express
AG
tjack16 said:

Seems kind of weird when he just started his career here.

And it's no Timmy Trumpet.

Life is better with a beagle
DrZ
AG
If you pick fire then do it right

Prosperdick
AG
Loperfido was working out at first base earlier today in Houston, not sure if that's been reported. He's not called up yet obviously but nice that Sugarland is so close he can work out at the Juice Box.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I wonder if he was the insurance policy in case Chas hamstring wasn't good to go
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Poor guy...I think I'd rather be a free agent
All I do is Nguyen
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Poor guy...I think I'd rather be a free agent

Even worse, is only a minor league deal
Faustus
Tucker, Altuve, and JA have been excellent at the plate thus far, with Altuve leading in WAR of the three.

DWar is a bit of an art, but somewhat hilariously Altuve must have a -.1 and Alvarez a +.3 on baseball-reference since their overall bWar numbers are 1.3 and 1.2 respectively, while the offensive numbers are 1.4 for Altuve and .9 for Alvarez. I assume base running is in the offensive war numbers.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB-leaders.shtml

Jordan might have the best dWar on the team, on baseball-reference at least.

Edit - he does along with Bregman for position players.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2024.shtml
Heineken-Ashi
tjack16 said:

I'll never forget Lidge walking out to a similar graphic with Drowning Pool singing "Here comes the pain", only to get shelled for like 3 runs.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
texasaggie2015
AG

They like this kid a lot.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
Very fair article. The leadership portion is especially true- and I believe I stated that as a concern on here a few times.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Very fair article. The leadership portion is especially true- and I believe I stated that as a concern on here a few times.

Hopefully this will serve as the athletic equivalent of the chronicle tombstone and we will go on a tear. You are right though, he makes valid points.
All I do is Nguyen
So we are missing leadership from guys like Maldy, Neris, and Donkey? I feel that guys like Bregs, Altuve, Tucker, and Yordan would be more than enough
k20dub
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

So we are missing leadership from guys like Maldy, Neris, and Donkey? I feel that guys like Bregs, Altuve, Tucker, and Yordan would be more than enough
This. We've had this core for a long time now, leadership should not be an issue.
Beau Holder
AG
Boils down to a bunch of stuff we already know + "they're 6-11 and have pitcher injuries" and suggesting the sum is a critical mass of "mini-dynasty" (lol) killing. I get why he has to sum it up for a national audience but it's not groundbreaking work. The fact he did it after this series win feels rushed to get it out before the record gets any better.

They could get shelled for three days by the Braves. They could score on Vines all night and steal one against Lopez or Fried because it's baseball. Then pitchers start coming back and the schedule lightens up. It's way too early for this, but after living in an AL run by the Astros for almost a decade, I get why the hope of freedom is being put into writing.
Farmer1906
AG
Loperfido Update

14 Games, 70 plate appearances
.333 BA
.429 OBP
.895 SLG
1.323 OPS

196 RC+
--
12.9% BB%
34.3% K%

--
95.5 EV
17.3 LA
55.9% HH%
18.5% Barrel%

First Page Last Page
Page 249 of 1928

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.