***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,874,408 Views | 67428 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by EastCoastAgNc
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8 runs on 11 hits and none of it from Tuve or Yordan so far
Life is better with a beagle
AustinCountyAg
Been watching masters coverage and just turned the game on. Who the **** is Joe kuhnel? Good god Dana make some moves for some relief pitching. There are plenty of guys out there with major league experience you can sign or trade for cheap that's better than this crap we are throwing out there.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Rangers not playing with their food anymore going to Robertson
Mathguy64
AG
Dang it. Pressly's ERA is now below 10. We can't win this award like that.
iBrad
AG
Two well hit balls to center, but two outs.
tjack16
AG
Dang that Yordan ball died quick at the end. Thought that was an easy double off the bat
Mathguy64
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Been watching masters coverage and just turned the game on. Who the **** is Joe kuhnel? Good god Dana make some moves for some relief pitching. There are plenty of guys out there with major league experience you can sign or trade for cheap that's better than this crap we are throwing out there.

Don't you be disparaging Cowboy Joe-El Coon-El
W
AG
Astros are back to hitting the ball hard...

right at them
Tuve
Yeah this team sucks. Guess my only hope for summer is Aggie Baseball
tjack16
AG
I am encouraged by the fight the offense showed tonight. We really were 1 awful France inning from this being about an 8-6 lead right now
W
AG
Hader to pitch the 9th

7th appearance of the season in 15 games
The Porkchop Express
AG
tjack16 said:

I am encouraged by the fight the offense showed tonight. We really were 1 awful France inning from this being about an 8-6 lead right now
The offensive firepower in the second half of this game is the best the team as looked since last Monday. Really need Verlander and Framber to get healthy and start having more games where the offense only needs to score 3-4 to win.

West Roxbury
Can Bagwell just have a job where he goes around and passes out baseball cards and chewing gum and chats up the older season ticket holders?
tjack16
AG
Back to back shutout innings by our closers
Deluxe
AG
spadilly said:

Two bombs tonight:

Make that 3
wessimo
AG
Singleton batflip walk
Sex Panther
AG
Loperfido just hit a grand slam
tjack16
AG
Sex Panther said:

Impossible… I was told he strikes out too much
The Porkchop Express
AG
West Roxbury said:

Can Bagwell just have a job where he goes around and passes out baseball cards and chewing gum and chats up the older season ticket holders?
tjack16
AG
Dang bailed him out missing a middle middle fastball
W
AG
Astros fall to 2-6 at MMP
Tuve
2-6 at home
2-5 on the road
tjack16
AG
Finally had a good RISP game
DeProfundis
Unfortunately 13 runs don't come easy. Unless you're hitting against the Astros
W
AG
if the Astros are going to win 90 games in 2024...

have to go 86-61 the rest of the way

oh boy
tjack16
AG
W said:

if the Astros are going to win 90 games in 2024...

have to go 86-61 the rest of the way

oh boy

I think we end up around 85-77
Texaggie7nine
Sex Panther said:

Was that 2 HR by Loperfido in 1 inning?
Maroon&Fight
If I knew that our pitchers on the IL would come back and perform like seasons past, I would be optimistic in a run still. However, that is anything but guaranteed and these guys need to fight like heck to get to 2 or 3 games within .500 before June or some mighty decisions will have to be made at the deadline
jopatura
AG
iBrad said:

Boiling Denim said:

Really starting to wonder about Espada not getting any of those numerous jobs he interviewed for…

Who else did they interview internally? We pretty much kept everyone so is there sour grapes over Espada? Is the rest of the coaching staff mailing it in?

I think it's simply the case of guys being hurt and/or sucking. Not much the manager can do. GM keeps bringing up arms and they keep getting shelled. Guys you thought you could depend on are now getting shelled, too. It doesn't really matter who's making out the lineup right now.

And you've got two guys in the lineup that drove in 90+ runs last year not driving in any so far without decent bench options to stick in the lineup in their place.

Some of the coaches had the wheels falling off last year. Personally I thought they needed to refresh the hitting coaches after the World Series, but understood why it would be a bad look. They need to go now though.

I don't love Espada, but all the injuries and the weak pitching staff isn't his fault. Dana should have made at least one more pitching move in the offseason - I think we all saw this coming to an extent.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
jopatura said:

iBrad said:

Boiling Denim said:

Really starting to wonder about Espada not getting any of those numerous jobs he interviewed for…

Who else did they interview internally? We pretty much kept everyone so is there sour grapes over Espada? Is the rest of the coaching staff mailing it in?

I think it's simply the case of guys being hurt and/or sucking. Not much the manager can do. GM keeps bringing up arms and they keep getting shelled. Guys you thought you could depend on are now getting shelled, too. It doesn't really matter who's making out the lineup right now.

And you've got two guys in the lineup that drove in 90+ runs last year not driving in any so far without decent bench options to stick in the lineup in their place.

Some of the coaches had the wheels falling off last year. Personally I thought they needed to refresh the hitting coaches after the World Series, but understood why it would be a bad look. They need to go now though.

I don't love Espada, but all the injuries and the weak pitching staff isn't his fault. Dana should have made at least one more pitching move in the offseason - I think we all saw this coming to an extent.

Replacing the hitting coaches after the world series couldn't have been any worse than replacing the GM
wangus12
AG
Not much you can do when every pitcher you walk out there is getting shelled. Unless arms start coming back off the IL and immediately performing, we're gonna have to depend on other sports for October entertainment
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Maybe having an all out brawl tomorrow will bring the team together
AggieJ2002
AG
Time to shut this thread down and start a new season thread ... its the only thing that might work
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

His bat certainly has the flu…
First Page Last Page
Page 232 of 1927

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.