***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,872,523 Views | 67425 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by f1ghtintexasaggie
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The D said:

Sloppy. Joe espada has this team playing like dog ****
France is a #5 starter on a mediocre team. He's our #2 right now. Espada can only make so much lemonade out of dogturds
Twisted Helix
https://images.app.goo.gl/Vnpf5AztumNoJ1JP6
Abandon hope all ye who enter here.
Heineken-Ashi
Do we have to wait until June for Phil Garner to take over?
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
k20dub
AG
Same ***** Different day.
Ray McKigney
What an embarrassment
Ag by Association
Damn, Just hard to watch this right now.
Twisted Helix
You can't pen this on Espada, he doesn't have any pieces to play with.
The Beef01
AG
Credit where it's due…Dusty Baker was obviously better than we thought; this whole managing staff is trash and promoting Espada vs. blowing them all out and keeping the same **** going is looking like a terrible idea.
Ags #1
AG
We are the worst team in baseball. How is that possible?
maca1028
I'm starting to believe that this is a rebuild year
Nitro Power
AG
Ags #1 said:

We are the worst team in baseball. How is that possible?

You seen the Marlins or White Sox? It could be worse
DeProfundis
I don't think Espada has done a bad job. What is he supposed to do with this craptacular performance by almost literally everyone
htxag09
AG
Twisted Helix said:

You can't pen this on Espada, he doesn't have any pieces to play with.

Our starting rotation is thin. But we don't have any pieces? Really? We have one of the better lineups in baseball. Or should. Before the season started our back end of our bullpen was touted as the best in baseball.
MaxPower
maca1028 said:

I'm starting to believe that this is a rebuild year
Brown got the sack to tell Crane we need to trade Bregman, JV, Tucker and Framber at the deadline when we are below .500? Methinks not
tjack16
AG
It just genuinely feels like the 2024 just doesn't have it. Yeah yeah it's early… but it's just a gut feeling.

Would LOVE to be proven wrong at the end of the year and look back at this post to laugh. But I think this season is going to be like 2016 where we look back at too many inconsistencies that keep us home in October.
htxag09
AG
DeProfundis said:

I don't think Espada has done a bad job. What is he supposed to do with this craptacular performance by almost literally everyone

But at what point is it on him when everyone is underachieving? I mean a manager's job includes more than in game decisions and line up cards.
Chrundle the Great
AG
tjack16 said:

It just genuinely feels like the 2024 just doesn't have it. Yeah yeah it's early… but it's just a gut feeling.

Would LOVE to be proven wrong at the end of the year and look back at this post to laugh. But I think this season is going to be like 2016 where we look back at too many inconsistencies that keep us home in October.

At least 2016 felt fun
Nitro Power
AG
I think you guys are blowing things a bit out of proportion. I personally don't think they were anywhere near the 96-98 game winners I same many predicting, in fact I took U92.5. With that being said ...no one can survive the pitching losses you guys have had. Just a little perspective.

ETA: I think the Hader signing is having more impact than most might want to believe z the dude straight up wouldn't go into a game last year to protect his free agency.
JABQ04
AG
And I have to listen to this on Rangers TV broadcast. These guys suck.
Marvin
AG
Would be nice to see one player, anyone, to show an ounce of emotion.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Cromagnum
AG
**** ass pitching staff. It's good thing we wasted money on bums that stay hurt instead of getting a couple of legit arms. Pouring up something to drink and putting on a movie vs wasting time on this abortion.
DeProfundis
Kessinger did an amazing job of striking out just like
Abreu does
Twisted Helix
So you give our back end a 6 run deficit and it doesn't matter how good they are. We're not hitting the ball in leverage and our starters have been terrible. This sucks, sucks bad but I don't know how this is Espada's fault.
Ags #1
AG
lol true. Lets see where we are at Sunday
Marvin
AG
Angel Hernandez feeling pretty good about his performance after watching these bums.
DeProfundis
wtf was that strike call
Ag_07
AG
So when is it too soon to discuss what we can get for JV, Framber, and Bregs?
The Beef01
AG
DeProfundis said:

When the same players from better teams continue to slip up and regress at the plate…you have a hitting coach situation. (You've had one for 3 years and it only kept going b/c the team got hot in October of '22)

When the pitching staff continues to allow anyone who wants to run on them, always has high pitch counts b/c an 0-2 count is just an opportunity to throw 4 non-competitive pitches…you have a pitching coach problem. (You've had this now for the last couple of years)

When your team is having a hard time scoring runs and you continue to have your best hitter in a spot where nobody is on-base when he comes up…you have a lineup management problem.

This is an exacerbation of the last several years and it's on Espada b/c he basically chose to kick the Dusty can down the road and he is proving that he isn't ready.
tjack16
AG
You can blame the injuries to the staff yes… but only 4 games have been started by guys who were not previously in the 2023 rotation. And in those games we are 2-2

So 2-8 (not including tonight) in games started by our guys we knew would be in the rotation before the season (Framber, Javier, France and Brown)
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Someone needs to do this
The Porkchop Express
AG
There's only one way to save the season at this point. Trade Singleton, both Abreus, Framber, Bregman and Tucker for Joey Gallo.
Life is better with a beagle
Twisted Helix
Watching that pitch with 2 outs and 2 on.
Marvin
AG
Twisted Helix said:

Watching that pitch with 2 outs and 2 on.

And no reaction. Zero urgency, just like Espada said.
Hornbeck
AG
Just switched over from the Aggie game.

Regret that.
tjack16
AG
I'll be at Olsen tomorrow. Thankfully the Aggies don't believe in the 10 run curse
First Page Last Page
Page 228 of 1927

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.