***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,867,678 Views | 67416 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BCEDAg
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice job of salvaging the series after getting badly beaten the first two games. Now go take some frustrations out on the Royals.
JABQ04
AG
Great win.
tailgatetimer10
AG
2 and 7 to 4 and 7... Let's keep this thing going
Twisted Helix
TOFA
Prosperdick
AG

tjack16
AG
Okay 4-7.

Would be awesome to win 2/3 in KC and then 2/3 at home against the rangers to get to 8-9 when the Braves roll into town.
Beau Holder
AG
For the whole pen but especially Seth.
Ag_07
AG
How about the JV bullpen being the lock down dudes?
Frok
AG
What an improbable victory after how that started.

Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

Okay 4-7.

Would be awesome to win 2/3 in KC and then 2/3 at home against the rangers to get to 8-9 when the Braves roll into town.
No, it would be awesome to sweep the Royals and rangerettes and be 10-7 for Hotlanta.

ETA Dana said we're going to rip off 8 or 10 wins in a row at some point, why not now?
jkag89
FrioAg 00 said:

So far we were swept in a series, won a series, split a series.
FIFY

But yeah we should be fine if we avoid the brooms the rest of the season unless we're the ones using them.
Blackbeard94
AG
That was an incredible win!
JB!98
AG
That will work. Let's keep the train rolling!

Twisted Helix
spadilly said:

BALLGAME!!

What a game. This is the type of game we'll look back on at the end of the year and realize was the kick start for our winning ways again.

I'm a big fan of titties but this may be my favorite victory pic.
dixichkn
AG
Metroplexual bird chests deflated.

Great comeback. Gotta build on this. Start getting a little more consistent. It's been all boom or bust since game one
rgt99
5 runs before the first out, 0 runs in the next 27 outs. talk about a bi-polar season so far
Silent For Too Long
Just absolutely huge effort from the bullpen.

We've seen all 3 phases of the game preform well this year at different times. Just gotta keep working it all together.
Beau Holder
AG
Imagine scoring five runs with one out in the first and losing 10-5
LB12Diamond
AG
Beau Holder said:

Imagine scoring five runs with one out in the first and losing 10-5

Don't have to imagine.
Prosperdick
AG
dixichkn said:

Metroplexual bird chests deflated.

Great comeback. Gotta build on this. Start getting a little more consistent. It's been all boom or bust since game one
So I obviously live in Prosper and my neighbors (who are all great guys otherwise, especially the Ag who is a Royals fan, poor *******, although he's also a Chiefs fan so don't feel too bad) have given me a ton of crap since the rangerettes won it all.

So the most obnoxious one after the first two wins sends a pic of the rangerettes on the field after they won the WS. I don't even dignify it with a response. After we win game 3 I send out a gif from Shawshank "Lord, it's a miracle!" Obnoxious fan replies "if we had won I already had a gif of a broom sweep I was going to send out tonight." Of course I respond "hey superfan, you do know this is a 4 game set, right?" Crickets...and so typical of Dallas fans in general, who are the ultimate t-shirt fans.

I know, cool story brah.
agdaddy04
AG
Sucks that Altuves season long hit streak ends, but at least it does on a game we get 10 and win by 5.
agdaddy04
AG
Tuve said:

Might need double digit to win tonight
good call
Beat40
agdaddy04 said:

Sucks that Altuves season long hit streak ends, but at least it does on a game we get 10 and win by 5.

Add to that the beginning of a win streak…

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
- Semisonic
EastCoastAgNc
AG
wangus12
AG
He needs to be optioned back to the Hooks at minimum
Silent For Too Long
I just look at it as the kid was the sacrificial lamb so Seth and the gang could get their heads right.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
wangus12 said:

He sucked tonight, no way around it. At the same time, he really had no business being out there in the first place. They put him in a situation where he was probably gonna fail, so it's really on the organization for not getting more pitching depth in the off-season (especially in the minors). I feel bad for him because it's probably the only time he'll ever step on a MLB field and that's how he's gonna remember it.
DustyBaker
If anybody should have been called up it's Corey Julks.
Silent For Too Long
So Martinez averaged less the 3 pitches an out on his 3 and 2/3rds shutty.

That's pretty cool.
Maroon&Fight
I know the Astros offense is frustrating, but I just looked at some stats and the White Sox have scored 16 runs in 10 games. Abreu would fit right in back on his old team
Mr.Bond
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

I know the Astros offense is frustrating, but I just looked at some stats and the White Sox have scored 16 runs in 10 games. Abreu would fit right in back on his old team

Trade him for machete.........s catching gear
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

cc10106

dixichkn
AG
DustyBaker said:

Can HE play first????
iBrad
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

wangus12 said:

He sucked tonight, no way around it. At the same time, he really had no business being out there in the first place. They put him in a situation where he was probably gonna fail, so it's really on the organization for not getting more pitching depth in the off-season (especially in the minors). I feel bad for him because it's probably the only time he'll ever step on a MLB field and that's how he's gonna remember it.

He will have spent more time in the majors than me and 99.9% of the rest of the world, so there's that. He also made four grand to record an out and give up five runs.
AgSportsFan89
AG
dixichkn said:

DustyBaker said:

Can HE play first????

He used to play 3rd, but was eventually moved to the outfield because his defense was not quite good enough. Give him time at 1st and I'm sure he could get to serviceable.
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 1927

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.