***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,883,179 Views | 67476 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jkag89
Chrundle the Great
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is a conveniently nice way to run a "Good Guy Shohei" story when he gives her a bunch of signed stuff for the trouble.
AgSportsFan89
AG
But makes the Dodgers organization look bad? Doubtful
BadAggie
AG
https://sports.yahoo.com/brewers-reportedly-suspect-dodgers-using-video-steal-signs-053159055.html

Cynic
Lol, not the Dodgers!

They are the good guys.

-Jeff Passan
DeProfundis
Little known fact but before we used trash cans we were originally banging Joe Kelly's mom but she was actually TOO loud.
All I do is Nguyen
Angel Hernandez is in mid season form. I'm convinced he's doing this just to see what he can get away with at this point

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
jkag89
Cynic said:

Lol, not the Dodgers!

They are the good guys.

-Jeff Passan
I'm sure the Brewers were misquoted and actually said Astros.
Ags #1
AG
lol him cb joe west. It All about them. Yet mlb does nothing about it
The Porkchop Express
AG
A legendary day in history for the Astros, letting Mitch Williams pitch at the '94 home opener, a game I went to while at A&M. Astros 6, Expos 5 in 12 innings on 4/4/94.

If you go to 1:32.00, you see it as good as it gets, Biggio with a 2-out double, and Bagwell with a 2-run jack to start his epic MVP year.

The top of the 12th is Wild Thing's Astros debut with the scored tied 3-3. He goes strikeout, groundout, single, single, passed ball, walk, walk before they take him out, now down 5-3.

In the bottom of the 12th, Bagwell gets an RBI single and Caminiti walks it off with a 2-run double. Bittersweet, s seeing Caminiti and Darryl Kile both.

Bill Brown with the prophetic, "Jeff Bagwell could be headed for a big, big year."

W
AG
in 1994 many of the players still looked skinny

but that was to change very soon
Post removed:
by user
The Porkchop Express
AG
Seeing as how Yanier Diaz is off to a halfway decent start, I thought we could do some periodic checkins on how he's doing against the one who got away - all-world catcher Martin Maldonado

Maldonado: 0 for 11, 0 2B, 0 3B, 0 HR, 0 RBI, slash: .000/.083/.000, WAR -0.3, Fielding Percentage 1.000%, 0 passed balls, SB allowed 2, Caught Stealing 0, Caught Stealing % 0%

Diaz: 12 for 26, 1 2B, 0 3B, 2 HR, 4 RBI, slash: .462/.517/.731. WAR: 0.7, Fielding Percentage: 1.000%, 1 passed ball, SB allowed 2, Caught Stealing 0, Caught Stealing % 0%

Analysis: So the glaring difference is passed balls. Diaz already has one, Maldonado is perfect so far. Slight offensive edge to Diaz, but overall I'd say too early to tell if it was a mistake that will come back to haunt you or not.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
Wabs
AG
Too small of a sample size.
wangus12
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Angel Hernandez is in mid season form. I'm convinced he's doing this just to see what he can get away with at this point

I'm convinced at this point that he is mostly blind and can only see shadows
BQRyno
AG
If baseball insists on keeping officials who make calls like this, they have to allow teams to challenge any call in the game. There's no way in which this is good for baseball.
Frok
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

A legendary day in history for the Astros, letting Mitch Williams pitch at the '94 home opener, a game I went to while at A&M. Astros 6, Expos 5 in 12 innings on 4/4/94.

If you go to 1:32.00, you see it as good as it gets, Biggio with a 2-out double, and Bagwell with a 2-run jack to start his epic MVP year.

The top of the 12th is Wild Thing's Astros debut with the scored tied 3-3. He goes strikeout, groundout, single, single, passed ball, walk, walk before they take him out, now down 5-3.

In the bottom of the 12th, Bagwell gets an RBI single and Caminiti walks it off with a 2-run double. Bittersweet, s seeing Caminiti and Darryl Kile both.

Bill Brown with the prophetic, "Jeff Bagwell could be headed for a big, big year."

I love watching old commercials.

Gatorade absorbs 30% faster than water…..what the heck does that mean?
Farmer1906
AG
New city connect.

Don't like the jersey but love the cap.
TarponChaser
The Porkchop Express said:

I actually liked those blue & gold uniforms. The only thing I really didn't like were the star logo on the hats. The "H" superimposed over the star is one of the best logos in sports and they should have stuck with that.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

New city connect.

Yeah the jersey is garbage but the hat is pretty sweet.
Ag_07
AG
See I'm the opposite.

I think the gold stars are great. The navy hat with gold star, and gold rim is my favorite hat hands down.
gambochaman
AG
I like both jersey and hat
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

See I'm the opposite.

I think the gold stars are great. The navy hat with gold star, and gold rim is my favorite hat hands down.

Best astros hat of all time
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mr.Bond
AG
Farmer1906 said:

New city connect.

Is there an explanation as to why they went with those colors
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

The Porkchop Express
AG
Yeah, I meant to just watch the last inning and ended up watching almost a n hour of it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Let's get ready to rumble!!!

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I kinda want him to get to first, try and mouth off to big Jon and get knocked out Tim Anderson style
The Porkchop Express
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Let's get ready to rumble!!!

More like

Farmer1906
AG
Big news nerds

How it impacts the Astros

Farmer1906
AG
Pulled from the offseason thread:

Quote:

HOF Second Baseman WAR - 53.0 Bobby Doerr (15th), 55.1 Billy Herman (14th) (Currently 52.6) - it won't be in 2024 but next up is 59.9 Jackie Robinson, 60.4 Joe Gordon, & 60.9 Ryne Sandberg. Passing that group would be amazing.

Altuve (Currently 54.6) has now passed Doerr, will very likely pass Herman in the first half of this year, and have Robinson, Gordon, & Sandberg in his sights for 2025. It's hard to judge how a player with age, but there is no reason why Altuve won't crack the top 10 (62.7) for 2B in the HOF before it's all said and done. Biggio's 65.8 is probably the perfect target to aim for. That would be 11.2 WAR over the next 6 seasons.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Big news nerds

How it impacts the Astros

Why they gotta do Colby Rasmus like that?
Ag_07
AG
Can you explain how WAR changes for a player that's no longer playing?

That just doesn't make sense to me.
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

**** apple

MAGA

First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 1928

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.