***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,889,370 Views | 67489 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by agproducer
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

07ag said:

07ag said:

Final Record 99-63
Division Finish: Winner
How Does it End: Champ
Team MVP: Breggy since he's in a contract year
Team Cy Young: Hader
Biggest Suprise(s): Ronel is too good to be bounced from the rotation, stays there all year
Biggest Disappointment(s): Pena still struggles with the slider/sweeper
A Random Hot Take(s): if Yordan stays healthy, 50 homers

RONEL

You get credit for Blanco but lose points after Pena goes yard.
https://ts.la/eric59704
JohnnyTexAg1995
Can someone nuke the offseason thread? People keep posting on it thinking its the season thread!
All I do is Nguyen
Since East Coast forgot what thread he was posting on

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
RED AG 98
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

What a baby is right. He's such an unlikable character.

Also lol at the commentary -- "He knows he's not trying to hit him with the bases load but hitters get frustrated when pitchers miss by that much."

Can you imagine if the reverse were also true? If the pitchers pranced around and made a show every time a hitter missed that much or otherwise made to look foolish?

I feel like a lot of people forget just how prone to mistakes humans are.
Ag_07
AG
Every time this guy gets plunked it's a big ordeal because this whiny baby has to throw a temper tantrum.

Maton gonna get suspended 2 games?
The Porkchop Express
AG
RED AG 98 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

He's such an unlikable character.

It's weird how the most unlikable guys are the ones who happen to destroy us in the playoffs.
Prosperdick
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

You scared me for a second, I figured you meant he accidentally posted on the rangerette board and he would be done for the year.
RED AG 98
AG
redline248 said:

Was at little league tonight and didn't follow the game. Got in the car to espn alerts about the no hitter. Then saw all the homers we hit.

Hooray for fun baseball
You know what must be done. Congratulations on the first little league to adopt a 162 game schedule.
RED AG 98
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

RED AG 98 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

He's such an unlikable character.

It's weird how the most unlikable guys are the ones who happen to destroy us in the playoffs.
TBF there are some really likeable dudes that destroyed us in the playoffs too. See also: Pujols, Albert.
TRM
AG
BadAggie said:

First 5 games through, but at least the starters generally have had good starts in all (Framber's being the most tenuous.)

When JV and Urquidy return over next month natural for France and/or Blanco to go to pen instead of Sugar Land.

Then later this season next decision points will be return of Garcia and McCullers.

Would not be surprised to see a starter dealt at the deadline.

Curious what happens because the guys in our BP don't have many options to be sent down, but Blanco and France deserve to be up.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

When I saw this posted here, I had a moment of panic where I thought i'd accidentally put it on the Rangers thread. Ban hammer avoided
RED AG 98
AG
The radio call from last night. These absolutely never get old.

AggiEE
Ag_07 said:

Every time this guy gets plunked it's a big ordeal because this whiny baby has to throw a temper tantrum.

Maton gonna get suspended 2 games?

The guy is clearly on steroids
texasaggie2015
AG
Dana Brown has been in love with Ronel Blanco's stuff since day one on the job. It was pretty awesome seeing him put it all together last night. It's foolish to except him to dominate at this level each time he starts, but after a dominant spring, I can't help but wonder if he figured something out over the offseason.

It's going to be really interesting to see what we do with some of these arms once JV, LMJ, Urquidy and Garcia are all healthy.

Can't wait to watch Framber tonight. I didn't think he was necessarily bad in his first start. His stuff seemed good- he just had trouble locating. Hoping that's just typical early season stuff.
Ag_07
AG
I agree on Framber

Blum even mentioned last night that after rewatching Framber he thinks he stuff was moving almost too much and that's why he was having trouble locating.

That's not a bad thing.
All I do is Nguyen
Come on Cubs....be better

No matter what!
Wabs
AG
Also looking forward to seeing how Framber does tonight. If blue gives the bottom of the zone, that's when Framber does well. First start blue wasn't giving it and I think that really affected him.
FrioAg 00
AG
Agree, but night for Fram.
AustinCountyAg
texasaggie2015 said:

Dana Brown has been in love with Ronel Blanco's stuff since day one on the job. It was pretty awesome seeing him put it all together last night. It's foolish to except him to dominate at this level each time he starts, but after a dominant spring, I can't help but wonder if he figured something out over the offseason.

It's going to be really interesting to see what we do with some of these arms once JV, LMJ, Urquidy and Garcia are all healthy.

Can't wait to watch Framber tonight. I didn't think he was necessarily bad in his first start. His stuff seemed good- he just had trouble locating. Hoping that's just typical early season stuff.
could have a nasty bullpen by replacing our current low leverage guys with the likes of LMJ and Garcia. Or moving Blanco to the pen, etc. Whatever it is they will have some arms to play with depending on how the rotation is performing.
Ag_07
AG
We're going to have quite the 40 man logjam once guys get back because as mentioned a handful of guys don't have options.
Burn-It
AG
Don't mean to derail the on field discussion, BUT

Just moved from League City to College Station. Someone please give me a hack into getting the new Astros network up in College Station. You would think that a town about an hour away from Houston would be able to get local Houston networks. Instead, we are apparently zoned to the Rangers. I need my Julia, Blummer & Kalas fix, MLB network does not get any of the pre or post game coverage. Very frustrating.

TIA
AKA 13-0
Post removed:
by user
Teddy Perkins
AG
Need this to get more love from last night in the midst of the no-no and double bombs from Tuck and Diaz.
RED AG 98
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I would not be opposed to making a move for another bat. I know you can never have too many arms, but once we are healthy we actually likely do...
texasaggie2015
AG
I have DirectTV Stream and enjoy it. I just use it with my Roku. It's cheaper than the whole cable package and Space City Network is included- as well as the vast majority of all other sports channels.
TarponChaser
All I do is Nguyen said:

This has to be an edited photo right?

Nah, not necessarily edited. Trap growth can be seen as a PED sign but there's nothing there to me that seems out of the ordinary for somebody who lifts a lot. It's more that huge melon on top of his neck. And the hot-headed, hair-trigger temper.
cc10106
Teddy Perkins said:

Need this to get more love from last night in the midst of the no-no and double bombs from Tuck and Diaz.

All I do is Nguyen
I present for y'all's consideration more evidence of Aroldis Juiceman

No matter what!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
TarponChaser said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Nah, not necessarily edited. Trap growth can be seen as a PED sign but there's nothing there to me that seems out of the ordinary for somebody who lifts a lot. It's more that huge melon on top of his neck. And the hot-headed, hair-trigger temper.

Seems like a few guys started lifting during Covid and when PED testing was nonexistent… perhaps it was the chicken and rice and push-ups?
Daddy-O5
AG
That got the rangers fans all riled up today.
linkdude
AG
nice to see evidence of humanity in the world, every once in a while.
TarponChaser
ttha_aggie_09 said:

TarponChaser said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Seems like a few guys started lifting during Covid and when PED testing was nonexistent… perhaps it was the chicken and rice and push-ups?

Maybe. But in this picture, Garcia is kind of flexing so I'd expect the traps to be exaggerated.

It's the change in his dome from that Cardinals pic vs. now that's the red flag to me.

Beat40
Man that had to feel good for JP. Very happy to see this start for him. Has to validate all the hard work he put in over the offseason and the risk he was taking to change his swing.

Obviously he won't stay this hot, but hoping for a very solid season from him.
AggiEE
TarponChaser said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

TarponChaser said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Maybe. But in this picture, Garcia is kind of flexing so I'd expect the traps to be exaggerated.

It's the change in his dome from that Cardinals pic vs. now that's the red flag to me.

His physique is also significantly larger. This isn't just a normal workout transformation from lifting weights natural. Look at Bonds, Sosa, McGwire and they somehow all developed that kind of muscular build

He's definitely not natty, and the muscular development, head size, and roid rage all point in that direction.

All I do is Nguyen
Good.
No matter what!
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 1929

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.