***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,294,674 Views | 60477 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Mathguy64
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

I'm just not sure I trust the starting pitching to get it done anymore. Burn it down
Burn it down after one game? Good Lord.
wessimo
AG
Hader looked good.
Verne Lundquist
AG
Bregman's LSU loser a$$ always ruins a good time

GO STROS THO
Mr.Bond
AG
Logging off until tomorrow for my mental health
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

W
AG
Bregman and Abreu will have a mega-ton of RBI chances this year
cc10106
That's 4 straight losses to the yanks now and a 7-21 record at MMP going back to mid-August.
Chrundle the Great
AG
cc10106 said:

That's 4 straight losses to the yanks now and a 7-21 record at MMP going back to mid-August.

No way anybody thinks this correlates lol
agproducer
AG
Walks just killed us. That's it. End of story.

Also, how was that not blocking the plate?
cc10106
Chrundle the Great said:

cc10106 said:

No way anybody thinks this correlates lol
Didn't imply that it did. Just tired of the suckage at home and don't care if it's a new season.
Marvin
AG
cc10106 said:

Forgot about the home record. Need to keep an eye on that with respect to the offense.

All good otherwise, go get 'em tomorrow.
Aggie95
AG
wangus12 said:

I'm just not sure I trust the starting pitching to get it done anymore. Burn it down

Anyone expecting much this year is setring themselves up for disappointment. I'll be rooting for another post season run but will be very surprised if we see it

Starting pitching is injured and not likely to be intact much of the season.

Bullpen has been discussed.

Lineup is aging with Altuve, Bregman, and Abreu. That, coupled with a bottom 5 farm system is a recipe for a championship window to slam shut in a hurry.
houag78
AG
Every stadium should have this as part of their equipment. I don't think he even touched him.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
They did get 13 hits at home so that's nice to see. Just couldn't get more runs in.

Oh well can't win them all.
Ag_07
AG
Question...What if Dubon just slides right down the base path where Trevino is going to catch the ball?

Would that get the block call?
Boiling Denim
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Oh well can't win them all.

Cant win any of them (at home) apparently
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm way more pissed about pitch hitting meyers than the pitching.
BadAggie
AG
Framber erratic as ever, bullpen outside of Hader looked iffy.

Good to see the hits overall and Chas, Pena, Diaz hitting.

Do yourself a favor and remember it's March 28th, or lose your shtt. 161 games and seven months left
All I do is Nguyen
In other news Angels gonna angel

f1ghtintexasaggie
I couldn't watch, and I'm sure this has been discussed, but can I get some kind of explanation behind the thought process of PHing Singleton for Meyers? Are we just trying to **** the guy's confidence beyond all repair? And if someone says anything about lefty-righty, I'm gonna throw something.
Mr.Bond
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

I couldn't watch, and I'm sure this has been discussed, but can I get some kind of explanation behind the thought process of PHing Singleton for Meyers? Are we just trying to **** the guy's confidence beyond all repair? And if someone says anything about lefty-righty, I'm gonna throw something.

Better pick something to throw
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Ags #1
AG
Was at the game and everyone was wtf are we doing hitting singleton for myers to only put in dubon
tjack16
AG
Singleton should only play if we have a huge lead, down by alot or Abreu needs a day off. Espada put Singleton and Montero into a leverage situation and it killed us.
Jack Boyette
Aggie95 said:

wangus12 said:

Anyone expecting much this year is setring themselves up for disappointment. I'll be rooting for another post season run but will be very surprised if we see it

Starting pitching is injured and not likely to be intact much of the season.

Bullpen has been discussed.

Lineup is aging with Altuve, Bregman, and Abreu. That, coupled with a bottom 5 farm system is a recipe for a championship window to slam shut in a hurry.

Which is why they're a heavy favorite to go deep into the postseason.

It's Game 1.
Wabs
AG
Espada pretty much gets an F in his first game. Well maybe a D- because the lineup was good. Pulled every wrong in-game lever.
AggiEE
Wabs said:

Espada pretty much gets an F in his first game. Well maybe a D- because the lineup was good. Pulled every wrong in-game lever.

He didn't do anything controversial.

Framber looked awful. Who knows how bad it could have gotten if he was left in.

The Singleton move was about matchups. It didn't work. If it continues to not work, Singleton will be gone.

RED AG 98
AG
AggiEE said:

Wabs said:

He didn't do anything controversial.

Framber looked awful. Who knows how bad it could have gotten if he was left in.

The Singleton move was about matchups. It didn't work. If it continues to not work, Singleton will be gone.

Agreed. We were lucky not to be down significantly when Framber left. 3 DPs in the first 3 innings, 2 with the bases loaded, is not normal. He's lucky he wasn't tagged for 8 or 10.
Ags #1
AG
Matchups? Singleton doesn't matchup against anyone well. He just had to go lefty vs right becuase. Singleton is the worst batter on the team
Boiling Denim
Framber has lost his last 6 starts at home and his last win was the no hitter. He's got some mental demons at MMP…to go with his normal mental issues
tjack16
AG
Singleton was a great story for about a 3 week stretch but I think it's more of an indictment of our lack of depth that he gets meaningful at bats
AggiEE
Ags #1 said:

Matchups? Singleton doesn't matchup against anyone well. He just had to go lefty vs right becuase. Singleton is the worst batter on the team

He has a pretty good eye and walks a lot.

The call was questionable but Singleton is going to be given some ABs to prove himself or he's gone since he's out of options.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
If they really wanted to pinch hit with somebody in Jake's spot, Dubon would have been a better choice
Ags #1
AG
Better eye or bat than dubon who went in the game? That's my issue, if dubon is coming in let him hit
tjack16
AG
AggiEE said:

Ags #1 said:

He has a pretty good eye and walks a lot.

The call was questionable but Singleton is going to be given some ABs to prove himself or he's gone since he's out of options.

He's pretty much a best case scenario it's a walk type of player. Take away the 2 HR game last year and he was 10-60 with 5 RBI, plus a sub .600 OPS
Beau Holder
AG
Less than ideal outcome but thank you Frio!! We love ya. Very grateful. TA Stros thread is out here regardless.
texasaggie2015
AG
I didn't think Farmer was ever going to put his shirt on
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 1728

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.