***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,447,580 Views | 29399 Replies | Last: 42 sec ago by Farmer1906
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So after last night and with Abreu being optioned, the only regular without a homerun is Chas.
DeProfundis
Amazing how they caught the 19th century Victorian ghost haunting the juice box in the family pic
Prosperdick
AG
agproducer said:

Wow! This really shows Abreu's drop off.

I'm rooting for him to get back.

Ag_07
AG
tjack16 said:

PhatMack19 said:

Still never understood the love fest with pitchers hitting

For me it was never about pitchers hitting. It was about the strategy it brought on as far as when do managers pull a pitcher for a PHer.

I always thought that extra bit of strategy it introduced was awesome.

I also loved that the 2 leagues had different approaches to playing the game and building a roster.
JoeAggie1010
Prosperdick said:

The conversation is about the crazy sister, but not about Loperfido's girlfriend...
Prosperdick
AG
DeProfundis said:

Amazing how they caught the 19th century Victorian ghost haunting the juice box in the family pic

She's giving off serious Amanda Plummer in So I Married An Axe Murderer vibes.
The Porkchop Express
texasaggie2015 said:

Feel horrible for the guy. I said this before and some of you disagreed- he's genuinely one of the best teammates and people in the entire sport. Really good human being who works hard and he feels worse about this than anyone. I hope he's able to figure it out.
None of us can say he's a good or bad teammate because we aren't on the team. But you can't have a $20 million a year cleanup hitting batting .060. I've had lots of kind, genuine employees over the years who royally sucked at their jobs and had to get fired.

We'd all like him to play a lot better, but you also have to consider that the Astros are a tiny window of daily relaxation/entertainment for most of us away from our jobs/families/lives. We get this narrow 3 hours out of 24 to enjoy something we really love. We know guys are going to have ups and downs, but the extremism of his terrible play at the plate and on the field makes us angry. Better to yell at him on the Internet in an echo chamber than do something that actually hurts another person in real life.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
Prosperdick said:

DeProfundis said:

I showed my wife this picture and she says it's a dude in a wig. Because "no woman would wear if she knew she might be on TV".
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
tjack16
AG
The sleeves here are an interesting choice.

I'd buy it if it was just solid navy all over with the gold logo
texasaggie2015
AG
I think some of you misunderstand me most of the time. I never once said he should stay in the lineup or anything like that. I said he's a good dude who works hard and I hope he figures it out. I've said several times the Astros can't wait much longer. Both things can be true at the same time. I'm just not as vocal with my frustrations as most maybe. That's just me!
All I do is Nguyen
The blue and gold era was when I started watching Astros baseball, so it holds a special place for me.

I would totally rock this shirt
texasaggie2015
AG
That makes me furious because it has so much potential if they just made it solid navy.

Still buying it.
DeProfundis
tjack16 said:

The sleeves here are an interesting choice.

I'd buy it if it was just solid navy all over with the gold logo

That's a great look.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Do you still think there could be further moves (aside from calling up Cabbage) in the next day or so?
AustinCountyAg
they said Joey's sister was an accomplished ballet dancer. Safe to assume by the way she dresses and her ballet background she's a screaming libtard who went to some east coast liberal nut job school.
htxag09
AG
Those sleeves and collar are terrible
DeProfundis
The Porkchop Express said:

Prosperdick said:

DeProfundis said:

I showed my wife this picture and she says it's a dude in a wig. Because "no woman would wear if she knew she might be on TV".

I can only imagine the conversation between the family

Mom: "now sweetheart we know you are very artistic and cultured, but remember tonight is about Joey, so just wear a pair of jeans, a tank top and an Astros jersey over it…simple"

Sis: "sure mom no problem"

****30 minutes later****

Sis shows up wearing Jenny's wedding dress from Forrest Gump
tjack16
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

The blue and gold era was when I started watching Astros baseball, so it holds a special place for me.

I'd buy it even if it was just the collar that was gold. The sleeves are gross
Ag_07
AG
Man...Tough crowd. WGAF how she dresses?

I thought it was awesome to see her there cheering for and supporting her brother. She seemed to be into the game and rooting hard for the good guys.

From what I saw they look like an awesome family and nowadays it's always refreshing to see a nuclear family pulling for one of their own.

Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

I thought it was awesome to see her there cheering for and supporting her brother. She seemed to be into the game and rooting hard for the good guys.

From what I saw they look like an awesome family and nowadays it's always refreshing to see a nuclear family pulling for one of their own.

Thank you. Yall stop being so creepy.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower
All I do is Nguyen said:

It's when I first starting getting serious about them as a child entering teenage years, but I still hate both those and the black and red. Both were unnecessary changes of owner hubris. Stick to the tequila sunrise and dark blue from now into eternity.

I also don't like road grays. I know most teams have them but I wish we would have three main colors….the dirty white from last night, dark blue and orange. Build in the tequila sunrise and a star on the jersey for each of those and call it a day.
texasaggie2015
AG
Not that I'm aware of. The Abreu being sent to West Palm was the big news of the day yesterday.

It does seem like Javier should be ready to go once his IL stint is up.
CFTXAG10
AG
Win this series. Take 2/3 from the Mariners. Get Javier back. Urquidy shortly thereafter.

JV
Blanco
Framber
Javier
Urquidy

Sexy.
Farmer1906
AG
Don't look now, but one of our biggest deficiencies looks to be adjusting. We're now middle of the back with RISP.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Absolutely hilarious
All I do is Nguyen
Ag_07
AG
Two things stood out in that bottom of the 10th inning

Espada once again nailed it with the in-game substitutions. Ended up not mattering but pinch running Dubon for Yanier was perfect and PHing Caratini for Meyers was nails. Gets someone hitting from the left side and if it went to 11 he would catch for Yanier.

He's really good at this and if we can right the ship and not force him to make moves just to survive 9 innings I think we'll see a lot more of this kind of stuff. Very refreshing

Blum's call was amazing...'I like em a little dirty and with a couple extra olives...A walkoff Caratini'
redline248
AG
Singleton has a respectable 100 wRC+, now
Mathguy64
AG
Abreu may be the best guy in the world and a fantastic teammate but Father Time beats everybody.

And Father Time jumped on him fast. That drop off is something else. He's never coming back.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Unless Balco is still operating.
All I do is Nguyen
I think he could come back to at least be serviceable. Nowhere near what we are paying him, but even if he is hitting .200 - .225 thats miles ahead of where he is now
DeProfundis
Hey guys, quick question.

Would you rather have Josh Hader, or Joe Musgrove with 40% of his salary retained? He'd cost you $12mm a season over the next 4 seasons.

The New OOTP25 came out and I'm trying to free up payroll space and address starting pitching.
tjack16
AG
redline248 said:

Singleton has a respectable 100 wRC+, now

He hasn't been putrid. Just not what you'd like from first base on a team that was World Series aspirations
DeProfundis
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Thank you. Yall stop being so creepy.
Sorry dude, I only have two settings "Non-PC alcoholic uncle at Thanksgiving" and "Creepy" and unfortunately for y'all I don't see any turkey.
First Page Last Page
Page 431 of 841

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.