***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,614,843 Views | 64987 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by tjack16
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booma94 said:

Faustus said:

It's a little funny the early day game is on ABC while the rest of the slate is on ESPN(s).

That's the programming ABC can afford to give up, the rest is too valuable.
I guess we're lucky the game's not at 9:00am to replace The View...
Honestly, I might prefer it for this first series so my stomach is fine the rest of the day.
Wabs
AG
I wonder if the Dodgers will fire their manager if they fall flat yet again in the postseason?
MAROON
AG
if you've never been to a playoff game then today is your day if you like deals. $8 gets you in the door today on stubhub. Heck field boxes running $30
Booma94
AG
Tickpick has a ton of 400 level seats under $25 for today. Their prices include all fees so what you see is what you pay unlike most of the others. They even have some club level seats for $50.
redline248
AG
Boys, y'all gotta hold it down for me today. I will only be able to catch a few online updates during these day games
Farmer1906
AG
Booma94
AG
LFG!!!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
cc10106
Most wide open postseason in a long time. I don't see a rematch happening.

Will probably be Baltimore-Milwaukee instead.

Booma94
AG
I'm all for keeping up with world events, but if the game coverage is interrupted by "breaking news" from the Middle East and it doesn't involve something happening on US soil, I'm going to be very displeased. There's 10 news networks we can watch to keep us informed, but only one network with broadcast rights to the game.
Wabs
AG
I'm going with Stros/Padres in the WS
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Farmer1906
AG
Tigers benched Carp and are still forced to start 3 lefties.

wRC+ vs LHP
1. Vierling - 105
2. Malloy - 155 (only 61 PA sample)
3. Greene - 95
4. Ibanez - 130 (ice cold lately)
5. Perez - 74
6. Torkelson - 122
7. Meadows - 108
8. Rogers - 48
9. 122 (only 22 PA sample)

1. Altuve - 179
2. Tucker - 143
3. Alvarez - 190
4. Bregman - 100
5. Diaz - 127
6. Pena - 130
7. Caratini - 136
8. Dubon - 80
9. Meyers - 119
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Love it!!
Farmer1906
AG

They may have just dropped the old lineup.
Marvin
AG
Sale is not on the Braves WC roster. So much for the strategy talk from yesterday.
Ag_07
AG
I get that in this day and age everyone wants answers and everyone wants the scoop ASAP but why is he digging this up right now?

We have more important things to worry about right now. Chandler just needs to STFU and let this dog lie until at least during the offseason.

Reminds me of the Taubman shlt from way back when but this is even more irrelevant.
Farmer1906
AG
davidthomps18
Might be getting a root canal during the game today. If we win I will do what it takes and schedule out 12 of them to push us over the top.

Honolulu Blue
Haven't seen a lineup like this in awhile. Meadows usually leads off or bats 9 depending on the split. Malloy batting second is new. Ibanez lead off Thursday and Friday against LHP; now 4th.

Hinch doing Hinch things. But it has been good enough these last 6 weeks for the tigers.
Honolulu Blue
What a joke. MLB has no shame
All I do is Nguyen
One hour until game time gentlemen! Remember to enjoy these playoff games and runs because they won't be here forever.

Now BTHO Hinch and the tigres
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
linkdude
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
Honolulu Blue said:

Haven't seen a lineup like this in awhile. Meadows usually leads off or bats 9 depending on the split. Malloy batting second is new. Ibanez lead off Thursday and Friday against LHP; now 4th.

Hinch doing Hinch things. But it has been good enough these last 6 weeks for the tigers.

Another nice Detroit/Houston angle - Ty Madden, former 1st round pick and longhorn grew up worshipping the Astros and helped Detroit make the final push to the playoffs. Not sure if he made playoff roster for this series.
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Love it!!
If Yordan is limited running you'd rather him drive in Altuve and Tucker than clogging up the base paths. Of course there's a way he can take a nice jog around the bases too.
Honolulu Blue
He did! I don't expect many innings from him unless things go awry. Optimistic for him in the future, but I think the even more green call up Jobe would be called upon before Madden imo. But there are ~5-6 guys even before those two.

That said, Hinch has admitted the pitching plan after Skubal will be "chaos". So who knows.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

I get that in this day and age everyone wants answers and everyone wants the scoop ASAP but why is he digging this up right now?

We have more important things to worry about right now. Chandler just needs to STFU and let this dog lie until at least during the offseason.

Reminds me of the Taubman shlt from way back when but this is even more irrelevant.
Because it's when people are most likely to read it. They most likely aren't going to read it in December.
Proudag06
AG
Honolulu Blue said:

He did! I don't expect many innings from him unless things go awry. Optimistic for him in the future, but I think the even more green call up Jobe would be called upon before Madden imo. But there are ~5-6 guys even before those two.

That said, Hinch has admitted the pitching plan after Skubal will be "chaos". So who knows.

I bet the plan is to get Cole hot in the pin, only to pitch Will Harris
BMX Bandit
becuase chandler rome is a pud baseball writer. its sort of a job requirement.

he's butthurt someone else got a story he didn't and is whining.
FrioAg 00
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

I feel about the same as I did last year.

Knocked out in WC round: Season Failure
Knocked out in DS round: Disappointed, but ok
Knocked out in CS round: Another great season and I'll take 8 in a row!
WS+: Gravy

I'm almost the same - except if we landed just one series short of the all time record for consecutive LS appearances I'm going to be a LOT disappointed.
Faustus
Will be following online at work with no alcohol. Rough viewing conditions but we all make sacrifices.

LFG.
FrioAg 00
AG
Today I'm watching with 50 Cent, LOL. I'm trying to sell h on an A&M NIL deal, but so far no bite.
MaroonStain
AG
What we got 40% capacity at the game?!?
First Page Last Page
Page 1831 of 1857

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.