***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,222,807 Views | 59204 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by linkdude
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser
BQ2001 said:

I think a lot of the frustration was the 4 really bad errors. It was just a very sloppy infield, but bailed out by pretty strong pitching.

For sure. Literally every single one of those plays is one you'd expect a youth player to make.

I get that errors happen but for 4 of them to hit in one game in an IF that's been really strong defensively is crazy.
Wabs
AG
Ok, timeline for Breggy and Tuck?? Really would like to see them return for a September push.
Beat40
Wabs said:

Ok, timeline for Breggy and Tuck?? Really would like to see them return for a September push.

What is unknown cannot be revealed.

There is a prophecy, but no clear interpretation.
Wabs
AG
Beat40 said:

Wabs said:

What is unknown cannot be revealed.

There is a prophecy, but no clear interpretation.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
Luis Garcia will not return this season.
Texaggie7nine
texasaggie2015 said:

Haha. I remember staying off this thread when we were losing because it was just too much. I've gotten to where I stay off it during all games- win or lose.
The key is to keep posting but not read anyone else's posts.
7nine
Project Gemini
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Haha. I remember staying off this thread when we were losing because it was just too much. I've gotten to where I stay off it during all games- win or lose.

Ah the tried and true approach to work emails
Farmer1906
AG
How many players, teams, and fans have nightmares about what the Astros have done to them over the last decade? We really are the villains of baseball. I love it.
Marvin
AG
Booma94 said:

I can't figure it out. According to this thread in last 20 pages:

the front office sucks,
the manager sucks,
the coaches suck,
the outfield sucks,
the AAA guys all suck,
Meyers, Chas, and Dubon all suck,

yet they're in first place by 5 games (because of the division they're in) and are within 4 games of the best record in the AL.

Not saying some of these things are not true, but Is it possible the evaluation of some of the personnel is a bit off?

I mean, many of those things can be true at the same time...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Goosebumps

I get emotional every time on the game 5 2017 ws. Most amazing sporting event of my lifetime..... and I was at game 6 ws 2022 and ags lsu 7 OT......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mathguy64
AG
June 18 to Aug 19. 2 months and a day. 51 games. That's all it took to swing 10 games behind to 5 games ahead of Seattle.

We have been 35-16 since that loss on June 18 to Chicago. But to make that big swing it takes 2 to tango. They are 20-31. They have had a 2-10 and separate 1-9 streak in there.

That is nuts. Seriously nuts. It's fire a manager level bad. I wonder if Servais will be gone after the season.
Beau Holder
AG
Beat40 said:

I believe this is the most mentally tough Astros team of the entire run.

With the amount of losses to the rotation, a few to the bullpen, a rapid decline of your $20M 1B, and an MVP caliber out for months at a time, this team should not be leading the division, let alone 4.5 games out of the best record in the AL.

The young guys, while not performing excellently, still have stepped up at times. Really proud of Yanier for stepping up in Tucker's absence.

I believe this team could absolutely win best record in the AL, especially with a few breaks.

When we say division lead and best record in AL, it's fair to say there has been some luck in playing in (thus far) the worst division in the AL, and being in a year in which no team is on pace for more than like 94-95 wins. The injuries have exposed real flaws with this team.

But your point stands, somehow they are grinding it out and they're now as many games over .500 as they were under it in May. They don't seem fazed.
Chef Elko
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is for sure one of the better vids
Texaggie7nine
Farmer1906 said:

How many players, teams, and fans have nightmares about what the Astros have done to them over the last decade? We really are the villains of baseball. I love it.

7nine
bearkatag15
AG

Wow. This is the easiest decision ever to bring him back right?
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
jkag89

Edit: In response to 7nine's post
Chef Elko
AG
Crazy how Montero and Neris have been cut.
07ag
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

exactly, just like, stay off the a&m football form entirely for a week after a loss. gets real toxic
https://ts.la/eric59704
Dr. Doctor
AG
Project Gemini said:

Texaggie7nine said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Ah the tried and true approach to work emails

Do you work on my project as well?

~egon
07ag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

depends on how the contract situation works, due to "$9M Team Option becomes player option with 60 GP or 45 GF in 2024 and is not injured for the final game of the season"

we can pick him up for league min, but, he's at 46 and 33 for that vesting option. are we on the hook for next year if he hits them cumulatively this year?
https://ts.la/eric59704
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

Not really to me. Hector has been really bad.
texasaggie2015
AG
He hasn't been good this year. My Cubs friend is glad to see him go.

That said, never say never. I know the guys like him.
astros4545
AG
Beat40 said:

bearkatag15 said:

ERA + of 107

Not terrible
bearkatag15
AG
07ag said:

bearkatag15 said:

depends on how the contract situation works, due to "$9M Team Option becomes player option with 60 GP or 45 GF in 2024 and is not injured for the final game of the season"

we can pick him up for league min, but, he's at 46 and 33 for that vesting option. are we on the hook for next year if he hits them cumulatively this year?
I think the option goes away now that he cleared waivers.
E
AG
I wonder if the Cubs just didnt use him right? He was used as their closer and think he's best as a set up man.

Has a very high WHIP compared to years past, but ERA is ok. Maybe he just needs a tweak and not be a closer?
BadAggie
AG
MOOD

gigemJTH12
AG
I cannot emphasize enough how bad this Bonda dude suckkkkkkkks

Big Al 1992
AG
Pretttyyy Pretttyyy Prettty good trade. Sorry Dusty!

Beat40
astros4545 said:

Beat40 said:

bearkatag15 said:

ERA + of 107

Not terrible
WIP of 1.523, BB/9 of 5.3, H/9 of 8.4 - walks really up from the past 3 seasons. Given up 20 runs in 44 innings. SO/W ratio down to 1.77, the lowest in his career by a big margin.
_veeyah_
AG
Anybody else feel when the umps calls a "time violation" it takes longer for him to walk around the catcher make the signal come back to his place and setup again than just let the pitcher throw??? This new rule annoys me more than the manfred runner on 2nd in extras.
Farmer1906
AG
I think he's be worth taking a chance on. He's almost free. We know what the ceiling is. We wouldn't need him for 6th/7th innings, not 8th or closing. Plus he's a great personality fit.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think he's be worth taking a chance on. He's almost free. We know what the ceiling is. We wouldn't need him for 6th/7th innings, not 8th or closing. Plus he's a great personality fit.
Considering who he'd be potentially replacing, I'd rather have him rather than Dubin or Ferguson out there.
Beat40
Beau Holder said:

Beat40 said:

I believe this is the most mentally tough Astros team of the entire run.

With the amount of losses to the rotation, a few to the bullpen, a rapid decline of your $20M 1B, and an MVP caliber out for months at a time, this team should not be leading the division, let alone 4.5 games out of the best record in the AL.

The young guys, while not performing excellently, still have stepped up at times. Really proud of Yanier for stepping up in Tucker's absence.

I believe this team could absolutely win best record in the AL, especially with a few breaks.

When we say division lead and best record in AL, it's fair to say there has been some luck in playing in (thus far) the worst division in the AL, and being in a year in which no team is on pace for more than like 94-95 wins. The injuries have exposed real flaws with this team.

But your point stands, somehow they are grinding it out and they're now as many games over .500 as they were under it in May. They don't seem fazed.
I think injuries have plagued a lot of teams as well, which is what has happed to the Astros. No team on pace for more than 94-95 wins, in my opinion, is a product of not only injury, but also a product of only 1 earlier deadline where teams are keeping more players since more feel they are in it and all of the changes MLB has instituted to increase runs. Those two things alone are also causing more parody, I believe.

So, maybe some luck, for sure, but I think also they are just flat out playing well after digging themselves in a hole. It's hard for me to stay it's mostly luck when they aren't far out of the AL record lead and the overall MLB record lead.

They are 5 games off the best record in MLB as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 1442 of 1692

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.