***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,279,266 Views | 60224 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by txags92
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MaxPower said:

tjack16 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

So how do we build our farm system back up to being stocked? Draft? Trades?

I'm guessing drafting and international signings for now. Until we become sellers we won't restock it through trades.
Somehow the Dodgers do it while competing. It's possible over time we can get there, it will just take years. If you can have guys walk that give you draft picks while only signing guys who won't cost you one that will also help.

Dodgers are a machine.
Beerosch
AG
bearkatag15 said:

If we got Snell, we might be paying him the full balance of the contract.. which likely means we don't have to give up much in prospects.
Trade them Montero and let them pick up his contract
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
The Ortcloud has returned!!
All I do is Nguyen
They're doing this just because we're interested I bet
Texaggie7nine
James McCann nailed in the face and still plays.

7nine
All I do is Nguyen
I know 2015 says it's not about teams wanting to drive up the price on the Astros but there has to be something even if it's unconscious bias against us.
Project Gemini
AG
This board thinks all the guys that are called up suck, all the guys still in our system deserve to get traded for ballers, and that is because Dana does nothing and Crane is cheap.
BCEDAg
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

Time to worry about the Mariners yet?

No - Turner is only marginally batter than Ty France who they just dfa'd.
JYDog90
AG
BCEDAg said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

Time to worry about the Mariners yet?

No - Turner is only marginally batter than Ty France who they just dfa'd.

Always felt like Ty France was an Astros killer.
Formerly Willy Wonka
texasaggie2015
AG
Jack Flaherty smoke is really picking up. Obviously there's work to do before it gets across the finish line though. Something to watch over the next 24 hours or so.
AggiEE
texasaggie2015 said:

Jack Flaherty smoke is really picking up. Obviously there's work to do before it gets across the finish line though. Something to watch over the next 24 hours or so.

Hope we don't overpay if so. Good stats this season but historically not an ace, also a rental
n_touch
texasaggie2015 said:

All I do is Nguyen
If we beat the Yankees on this trade I hope like others have said we don't over pay
All I do is Nguyen
Project Gemini said:

This board thinks all the guys that are called up suck, all the guys still in our system deserve to get traded for ballers, and that is because Dana does nothing and Crane is cheap.
I honestly think Dana is a good judge of talent especially from the farm system. I trust him there but Crane I believe is sometimes hesitant and maybe even more so now after the Abreu and Montero contracts have really came back to bite him.

I will give him credit for bringing back JV and signing Hader tho
linkdude
AG
not necessarily astros related, but it'll be interesting who he could go to.
Beau Holder
AG
The Dodgers for two nickels and a used piece of gum, naturally.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Flaherty would be outstanding for the stretch run, but it would leave me concerned (especially for the likely cost) that it would still not address the same problem we will have for at least the first half of next season as well.

Snell would be expensive by payroll, but as has been said, may take less of a return, plus Crane has shown that he thinks he is one of those guys he would shell out for.

I wonder if Snell would be willing to agree to pick up the player option as part of a deal. I know it was a pillow deal, but I also wonder if he can do better than 30M a year this offseason given the rough start to this year. Alternatively, you could also just do an outright extension as part of the deal.

Just wondering.
BadAggie
AG
So much rides on Tucker returning

If he's done for this season do you dig as deep for anyone?

BadAggie
AG
With expanded wildcard format every deadline is gonna be slanted to sellers

txags92
AG
ITLAg13 said:

As I mentioned to you on Saturday, the ink has been dry with the Giants. Welcome Mr Snell.
Is the ink dry because it is still in the pen?
Prosperdick
AG
BadAggie said:

I'm really worried that after the trade deadline we announce he's out for the season. I sure hope I'm wrong.
CFTXAG10
AG
BadAggie
AG
Prosperdick said:

BadAggie said:

I'm really worried that after the trade deadline we announce he's out for the season. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Yep, feeling that too

Hope I'm wrong
Chef Elko
AG
I refuse to believe Tucker is out the rest of the season from fouling a ball off his shin and being originally placed on the 10 day IL.
Ag_07
AG
BCEDAg
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Would love for us to pick up Flaherty but Yankees are in the mix too.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Yeah I would imagine he wasn't thrilled
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

That was some weak shtt.

I mean red flag for a team that may have been interested imo
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

That was some weak shtt.

I mean red flag for a team that may have been interested imo

If they don't trade him, they may punish him with a demotion
MaxPower
SpaceCityAg05 said:

Flaherty would be outstanding for the stretch run, but it would leave me concerned (especially for the likely cost) that it would still not address the same problem we will have for at least the first half of next season as well.

Snell would be expensive by payroll, but as has been said, may take less of a return, plus Crane has shown that he thinks he is one of those guys he would shell out for.

I wonder if Snell would be willing to agree to pick up the player option as part of a deal. I know it was a pillow deal, but I also wonder if he can do better than 30M a year this offseason given the rough start to this year. Alternatively, you could also just do an outright extension as part of the deal.

Just wondering.
You can also extend Flaherty if you are worried about it. Not saying that's what I would do but he's only 28.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
You could, but Crane seems to only be keen on splurging on names he finds sexy, like Verlander.

Snell seems to be on this list, and I am simply musing about next year/beyond since it looks like JV might not be in the plans past this season.
Farmer1906
AG
You'd be buying high on a contract year.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Agreed - Flaherty would not be high on the list of people I would consider long-term investments in.

Good pitcher, though, and should be a good piece for someone for the rest of the season.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

You'd be buying high on a contract year.

If you want to see how that can blow up in your face, look at LMJ.
First Page Last Page
Page 1200 of 1721

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.