*****Official 2023-2024 Texas Rangers Off-season Thread*****

318,201 Views | 3663 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Grapesoda2525
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. Won't get an ASG invoice until your season tickets are paid in full
DallasAg 94
Water Boy said:

Being an Aggie and cowboys fan has made me enjoy the offseason more than the regular season since it's usually just disappointment when games are actually played. Right now I'm enjoying our offseason as champs. Ready to see us defend but it's nice being able to relax and not sweat every game knowing the bullpen could blow it at any second.
I'm looking forward to watching the regular season games with the perspective of "well, we won the World Series, so I can just enjoy the game."

I was a STH for the Dallas Stars and got to see 2 of their Stanley Cup Finals wins, when they won the Cup. It made watching the regular season the following year, very chill. They were almost like pre-season games after experiencing the intensity of a Stanley Cup Finals.
DallasAg 94
I will reach out to you next week after the Wife gets home to set the wheels in motion.

Those with txts that post on here are mostly on the 3B side - main concourse, if I recall?! I usually prefer the 1B line.
PatAg
AG
fc2112
Mr Gigem said:

Yep. Won't get an ASG invoice until your season tickets are paid in full
Me getting my ASG invoice

fc2112
DallasAg 94 said:

I will reach out to you next week after the Wife gets home to set the wheels in motion.

Those with txts that post on here are mostly on the 3B side - main concourse, if I recall?! I usually prefer the 1B line.
I am on first base side, but just barely because I'm really behind home plate in Section 118

EDIT - a few rows further forward and to the left of this photo.

Water Boy
AG
It will also be nice to know the window will still be open after this season. Man if degrom was healthy we would probably be the favorites to win the American League.
sburg2007
That is generally where I sit with tickets from a vendor. I enjoy them for the most part.
Grapesoda2525
Water Boy said:

It will also be nice to know the window will still be open after this season. Man if degrom was healthy we would probably be the favorites to win the American League.
Degrom should be ready to rock in 2025. He has been in recovery for a long time already.
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I'm getting itchy... the closer it gets to the season the more I'm tempted to buy Season Tickets.

Trying to decide between 2 Full Season or 4 Half Seasons. Likely in the Corner Box.

Don't have 4 half season seats together in the corner box. So full season it is.

Section 23, row 13
Section 24, row 11 on the aisle
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Mr Gigem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I'm getting itchy... the closer it gets to the season the more I'm tempted to buy Season Tickets.

Trying to decide between 2 Full Season or 4 Half Seasons. Likely in the Corner Box.

Don't have 4 half season seats together in the corner box. So full season it is.

Section 23, row 13
Section 24, row 11 on the aisle
Sorry. One more time. Can you please post your email address?
shack009
AG
I remember late last year there was talk the deGrom would be ready around July/August this season. Has there been any definitive update on that plan? Would love to have him down the stretch, and what a guy to have if you are in one of those 3-game series to start the playoffs.

Edit: I would be disappointed, but would also completely understand, if they decide he should not come back at all in 2024 and be fully ready to go for 2025.
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Water Boy said:

Degrom should be ready to rock in 2025. He has been in recovery for a long time already.
He should be ready to rock sometime after the All-Star break. I'm sure he'll be on a pitch limit at first, so maybe not fully ready to rock, but hopefully something pretty close after he gets some innings under his belt.
Mr Gigem
AG
jchance@texasrangers.com
KT 90
AG
shack009 said:

I remember late last year there was talk the deGrom would be ready around July/August this season. Has there been any definitive update on that plan? Would love to have him down the stretch, and what a guy to have if you are in one of those 3-game series to start the playoffs.

Edit: I would be disappointed, but would also completely understand, if they decide he should not come back at all in 2024 and be fully ready to go for 2025.

I posted about the same time as you. Expecting him to be available sometime after the all-star break is still what I have heard in the various writeups. Always subject to change of course, but hopefully we get him for the last 25 to 30% of the season at least.
shack009
AG
KT 90 said:

shack009 said:

I posted about the same time as you. Expecting him to be available sometime after the all-star break is still what I have heard in the various writeups. Always subject to change of course, but hopefully we get him for the last 25 to 30% of the season at least.
Ok cool. Still, with him, I would adjust the timetable by a month or two based on whatever we are told lol. As long as we are in the postseason and have him in any capacity, even as a 2-3 inning opener, would be great.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Mr Gigem said:

jchance@texasrangers.com

Ok thanks. Sent you an email on 20 game packages.
rbtexan
S
What I've heard (consistently) is that it'll be August or early September.

We also shouldn't get our hopes up as to what to expect from deGrom in '24 when he does come back. It usually takes a pitcher a while to get back close to where they were following TJ procedures. I think when we see him he'll be effective but not the dominate pitcher he's been in the past. If he gets back to that level it'll likely be in '25.

Would be nice to have him available for short outings in a playoff run though.
Mr Gigem
AG
I got it. I'll get to it soon
shack009
AG
Agreed. It's fun thinking about him coming out of the pen in the 8th or 9th inning in the playoffs every 3rd day or so to spell Sborz/Leclerc/whoever. Would be pretty deflating for a team that is down by a run or 2 to see that guy.

Yes, I know that isn't likely, but it's just fun to think about.
DallasAg 94
rbtexan said:

What I've heard (consistently) is that it'll be August or early September.

We also shouldn't get our hopes up as to what to expect from deGrom in '24 when he does come back. It usually takes a pitcher a while to get back close to where they were following TJ procedures. I think when we see him he'll be effective but not the dominate pitcher he's been in the past. If he gets back to that level it'll likely be in '25.

Would be nice to have him available for short outings in a playoff run though.
There is an emerging narrative that relative to TJ surgery, limiting IP may not make a difference. As such, depending on the position the Rangers take, his limit would be related to his time off from throwing more than the fact he had TJ.

Take it for what it's worth...
GigEmRangers75455
Hader to Houston…
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I'm really surprised they did that. Five years for a reliever doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess they realize their window is closing so they are going to make another push.
PatriotAg02
GigEmRangers75455

I'm trying to figure out how we haven't addressed by far the biggest team weakness with anything other than a couple of hopefully decent arms.

Also don't know how our rotation makes it until we get all the injured guys back. It's gonna be an interesting first half of the season… Hope we're still in it when we get help.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
GigEmRangers75455 said:

I'm trying to figure out how we haven't addressed by far the biggest team weakness with anything other than a couple of hopefully decent arms.

Also don't know how our rotation makes it until we get all the injured guys back. It's gonna be an interesting first half of the season… Hope we're still in it when we get help.

There are a lot of relievers available right now. They'll be signing soon and I would anticipate the Rangers to pick up a couple before spring training and during.
Water Boy
AG
Sucks he went to Houston but the bullpen market should be more affordable. Hader got less money than projected so maybe we can get an arm or two at a decent price.
CowtownAg06
AG
I like Stephenson more than Hader if that's how it goes down.
Grapesoda2525
GigEmRangers75455 said:

Hader to Houston…
I would've been more upset if they got Montgomery. The Astros have always had a good bullpen it seems like.
duck79
AG
Bullpen arms always seem so hit or miss year to year. It is amazing how often you see someone who had a dominant run just lose it and fall to the wayside.
Water Boy
AG
Since we are talking about bullpens, I'm hoping we can at least get ours to average. On the other side we need to pick up the offense when we are down late in games. It was extremely rare to pick up a win last season if we were not already leading going into the 8th.
DannyDuberstein
AG
5 years $100 mill for a 30 year old bullpen arm is quite a bit of cheese.
gigem1223
One thing the front office may be banking on is a bit of youth injection into the pen. There were several on the cusp of getting the call last season in Kelly, Church and Lee. Also Hernndez was really good in September when he got called back up last season till his shoulder injury. He has filthy stuff, seemed to harness it a bit there at the end of the season. Has anyone heard on his recovery timeline?
DallasAg 94
Flounder Dorfman said:

I'm really surprised they did that. Five years for a reliever doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess they realize their window is closing so they are going to make another push.
I think this makes the Astros the front-runner in the AL ahead of the Yankees and Rangers. Baltimore is in that group, but we'll see how they come together. They lost Bautista, their Closer.

Without anyone making a move in the AL, it has become anyone's to take and the Astros have made a move to improve themselves.
gigem1223
Still a lot of offseason left. Personally, I think having Langford and Carter on the opening day roster may be better than most free agent bats we could add. If we can resign Monty and maybe a BP arm like Stephenson then we'll compete for the AL crown again.
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.