Congrats Rangers

2,981 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by DallasAg 94
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This has to be one of the most impressive post-season runs I've seen in a while.

They swept the best AL team on the road, swept the 2nd best AL team, won 4 road games against the defending champs, then won 3 more road games to win the World Series.

Congrats, well earned.
45-70Ag
AG
Still in shock I'm seeing it on tv.
Terminus Est

Ags77
AG
Tears here. Love that team.
Gigem
agsalaska
AG
Tears here too. Been waiting 46 years for this.
HeyAbbott
AG
Congratulations to the Texas Rangers
eATMup-Reveille
As an Astros fan since I was 8 years old (born in 1960) I fully understand the euphoria of your team finally winning it. Congratulations!

Maybe it can be the Aggies turn soon!!
Goat Man
AG
I have been an Astros fan since about 1980. Disappointment was ours for so long. Enjoy this moment Rangers fans this was an amazing season. Looks like MLB had a Texas Two Step the last 2 years!
smucket
AG
Tears here too. First game was in 1974 w my dad ball I remember was he *****ed about beers being too expensive. Maybe 50 cents or something like that? I only really remember it was hot as **** in July at old Rangers stadium, next to Six Flags and Seven Seas
Today is Yesterday's Pupil
Gigem_94
AG
I've been waiting for over 50 agonizing years for this. Grew up 5 minutes from the stadium. Spent many evenings listening to Eric Nadel call games on my clock radio while playing with legos (they were rarely on TV back then). Spent many summer nights at the old stadium as a kid - $6 tickets in the outfield. Throughout high school and college sold peanuts and hot dogs (even to GW Bush). Was there to see Nolan's 5000th strike out and Robin Ventura become the only player to get 5 hits off Ryan….to the face. Was there for Kenny's perfect game and sat next to Tom Vandergriff and his wife at the Rangers first playoff game…a brutal loss to the Yankees made worse by a soaking rain delay that ended around 1 in the morning. Was in the crowd to witness Alex Rodriguez take strike 3 in the top of the 9th to hand the Rangers their first pennant over the Yankees only to see them unable to get that last strike in the 9th a year later. It's been a long ride which makes this win that much sweeter. FINALLY!!! World Series champs!!!
Silent For Too Long
Congrats Rangers.

Amazing run.

See ya'll next year.

Texas is officially the capital of baseball.
Breggy Popup
AG
Congrats Rangers. Enjoy the next five months until it's time to defend.
robcovol
I attended a Rangers game in old Arlington Stadium their first summer in Texas back in 1972. They shut out the Cleveland Indians 5-0. One thing I remember is the pitchers batting before the DH was enacted. Their starting pitcher that night had an average of .095. Only had to wait 61 years for them to win the whole thing.
houag78
AG
Congrats Rangers fans! Enjoy your well deserved championship! Quite impressive !
45-70Ag
AG
Whose mother/grandmother is in this video and celebrating today.

Mozart Paintings
AG
Holy chit
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
45-70Ag said:

Weren't the 70s great? What happened to our world?
ECONAG92
45-70Ag said:

OMG!!! That is awesome!!!!!
Marvin
AG
45-70Ag said:

Ranger fans just lost their moral high horse to cast judgment on our TOFA/AOFA/YPOFA pics.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Marvin said:

45-70Ag said:

Ranger fans just lost their moral high horse to cast judgment on our TOFA/AOFA/YPOFA pics.

TBF, this is pretty tame compared to some of the stuff on your thread but it's your thread and you can do what you want as far as I'm concerned.
welborn
Life long Astros fan here. I supported the rangers in their run in 2010-2011.

I supported them after they got the best of the Stros this year.

Tons of Ranger friends got a phone call last night from me.

I am so happy for them and that fanbase.

No need to be petty or hateful. They came at the king and they did not miss.

This state is the capitol of MLB and that's pretty damn cool IMO.
94chem
Gigem_94 said:

I've been waiting for over 50 agonizing years for this. Grew up 5 minutes from the stadium. Spent many evenings listening to Eric Nadel call games on my clock radio while playing with legos (they were rarely on TV back then). Spent many summer nights at the old stadium as a kid - $6 tickets in the outfield. Throughout high school and college sold peanuts and hot dogs (even to GW Bush). Was there to see Nolan's 5000th strike out and Robin Ventura become the only player to get 5 hits off Ryan….to the face. Was there for Kenny's perfect game and sat next to Tom Vandergriff and his wife at the Rangers first playoff game…a brutal loss to the Yankees made worse by a soaking rain delay that ended around 1 in the morning. Was in the crowd to witness Alex Rodriguez take strike 3 in the top of the 9th to hand the Rangers their first pennant over the Yankees only to see them unable to get that last strike in the 9th a year later. It's been a long ride which makes this win that much sweeter. FINALLY!!! World Series champs!!!

Were we classmates at LHS? I was class of '90.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DallasAg 94
Marvin said:

45-70Ag said:

TOFR?
DallasAg 94
It'd be nice if the path to the WS had to come through Texas every year!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.