***Official Houston Astros 2023-24 Offseason Thread*** [Staff Warning - OP]

938,702 Views | 11245 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Lonestar_Ag09
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I don't have a problem with anyone having an opinion cuz my team won 2 titles.

But I wouldn't want a GM who doesn't sign a guy because he wore a mean T-shirt a couple of times.

That gets you into Bob McNair / Texans "only nice guys play here" territory, and we all know how many titles that won.

If a potential employee openly bashes your company and doesn't get along with your current employees, I'm sure most companies wouldn't hire them.

I don't care that Bauer wore "mean shirts", I care that he repeatedly trashed our organization and players. There's a lot of other free agents who DIDNT do that and can equally help us win. Why does it have to be Bauer? Give me a guy like Montgomery, Snell, Hicks or Hader over Bauer.

Its just funny how everybody always comes back to Bauer when there are a dozen guys on the market we can afford, would also help us win, and wouldn't be a locker room cancer
AgLA06
AG

But I wouldn't want a GM who doesn't sign a guy because he wore a mean T-shirt a couple of times.

That gets you into Bob McNair / Texans "only nice guys play here" territory, and we all know how many titles that won.

Yep.
AgLA06
AG
tjack16 said:

If a potential employee openly bashes your company and doesn't get along with your current employees, I'm sure most companies wouldn't hire them.

I don't care that Bauer wore "mean shirts", I care that he repeatedly trashed our organization and players. There's a lot of other free agents who DIDNT do that and can equally help us win. Why does it have to be Bauer? Give me a guy like Montgomery, Snell, Hicks or Hader over Bauer.

Its just funny how everybody always comes back to Bauer when there are a dozen guys on the market we can afford, would also help us win, and wouldn't be a locker room cancer

It's nothing more than PR sound bites their fans love. Some of you guys are too much.
tjack16
AG
If he's the only free agent available, then fine. But there are a lot of other options who are just as good or at least help us in the same way.

We need bullpen help and hitting depth more.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Are there actual sound bites of Astros saying they don't like Trevor Bauer?
tjack16
AG

Are there actual sound bites of Astros saying they don't like Trevor Bauer?

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-respond-to-cryptic-accusatory-tweets-by-12879497.php

These were pre-sign stealing scandal. So I'd imagine his trash can antics didn't help much.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Did I miss something that would lead to yall wanting somebody previously accused of sexual assault along with all of his talk about the Astros?
The Porkchop Express
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Did I miss something that would lead to yall wanting somebody previously accused of sexual assault along with all of his talk about the Astros?
Cesar Cedeno was one of our best players ever and he straight up killed somebody.

Mathguy64
AG

mAgnoliAg said:

Cesar Cedeno was one of our best players ever and he straight up killed somebody.

The gun "accidentally" went off.

Things were definitely different when newspapers were the primary media and news cycles were measured in days instead of minutes.
tjack16
AG
I personally think we are fine in the rotation.

Give me Neris and Hicks as bullpen pieces over Bauer any day
Farmer1906
AG
Some projections have us in the luxury tax already. #6 overall. Cheap ass Crane.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Just think what we could do without montero's awful contract
tjack16
AG
Crane when he can extend Tucker, Framber and Bregman:

Crane when Montero and Abreu are available

tjack16
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Ag4life80
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He might learn how to take care of himself and pitch at a high level.
Or, he might learn how to be a ********. I keep forgetting how many of his former teammates came to Bauer's defense when his issues blew up. Oh yeah, now I remember, none. Zero.
Farmer1906
AG
Betts did
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Betts did
Yeah, well he's a cheater
Ag_07
AG
I don't want any part of Bauer not because of the sexual assault stuff (he was 100% being railroaded) but moreso because he's a baby and has created locker room issues everywhere he's been.

Someone a while ago posted a video that outlines all the crap he's done everywhere he's been.

Hard no
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
EastCoastAgNc said:

Just think what we could do without montero's awful contract

Or LMJ
Mathguy64
AG
Bauer has always shown bright like a star and then exploded like a supernova everywhere he had been. And that's the problem. You can't predict when he's going to go "boom".

Couple that with his personal history and he's toxic.

Someone will take a flyer on him but I doubt it's anyone at the top.
chlavinka
AG
He was an Astro before that event
Farmer1906
AG
That's my color commentator.

B-Rabbit
AG
Happy new year! More of a follower than a poster, but love this thread and all my fellow Astro Ags!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
You might be the only post ever on here with a U…

We don't really "do that" around here lol
shady
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Wrong.
tjack16
AG

World Series Champs: Dodgers def Astros
AL MVP: Yordan Alvarez
NL MVP: Matt Olsen
AL Cy Young: Pablo Lopez
NL Cy Young: Walker Buehler
redline248
AG
Quote:

Dodgers def Astros

Slap yourself
mAgnoliAg
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Yeah this thread all has Ag tags, but you give them 20 championships for their sports teams and instead of even 19 for the Astros and 1 for Aggie football they pick 20 for the Astros. It's wild in here.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'd trade the Aggie football team never winning another game ever for another WS title.
AgLA06
AG

I'd trade the Aggie football team never winning another game ever for another WS title.

I'm sure someone will give you the attention you desire in this one.
Mathguy64
AG

What's there to trade? The Astros will win another WS at some point and Aggie FB is an unchanging wasteland.
The Porkchop Express
AG
AgLA06 said:

I'm sure someone will give you the attention you desire in this one.
I dont need attention. Ive said it before. it's a fact.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Yeah this thread all has Ag tags, but you give them 20 championships for their sports teams and instead of even 19 for the Astros and 1 for Aggie football they pick 20 for the Astros. It's wild in here.

The more NIL takes over and college free agency, I mean transfer portal, rules….the less I give a damn. I even started watching Texans this season because I enjoy football but the current state of college football is grotesque
tjack16
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Nah.

10 Astros
5 Aggie football
3 Aggie baseball
1 Texans
1 Aggie men's basketball
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 322

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.